• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OK GUYS, I'M IN

Last night, I took delivery of a 2000 NSXT straight off the delivery truck. Nearly ten years of dreaming and collecting NSX memorabilia is over -- what a great car! I had been searching for a used NSX for about three months, and racked up about 10,000 air miles in my search, but finally gave in to the lure of the whole new car thing, especially when its a car as rare and unique as the NSX. I have grown to appreciate the lucid comments which regularly appear in this forum, and I look forward to participating to the extent I have anything of value to contribute.

BTW, the car is Blue/Tan, 6spd. I bought it from my local dealer the day it arrived at the dealer for 81K. I didn't press hard for a heavy discount. Drove it home last night, about 90 miles of pure bliss. Going home now to install an Alpine cd shuttle. Previous cars: '64 Corvette, 89 Corvette, 94 Corvette, 99 Corvette, 84 Porsche 911, 01 Lexus is300, 94 Legend Coupe LS.

Congrats and welcome to the group! I know how you must feel right now as I too bought a new 2000 NSX-T after ten years of dreamin'.

Can't wait to hear about your NSXperiences...

By the way, what production number did you end up with? I'm still trying to figure out how many were made this year.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 November 2000).]

Congrats!!

Although if you are anywhere near a computer right now instead of driving around I'd say there is something wrong with you...
smile.gif

Let us know how it lives up to your expectations.

Akira3d,

The last four digits of the VIN are 0259. I assume this denotes the production number. Does this mean that mine was the 259th car produced? BTW, the door jam indicates that the car was built in Sept of this year.
smile.gif

Congrats on your new purchase. The first thing you have to do is join the local NSX club and get to the track ASAP. The car will really show it's character out there. Also, I'd expect that you'll need to do the first oil change in about 2 weeks or so. Otherwise, you're not enjoying it as much as you deserve. BTW, the Blue/Tan is a great combo!

Originally posted by DeHaldaswerth:
Akira3d,

The last four digits of the VIN are 0259. I assume this denotes the production number. Does this mean that mine was the 259th car produced?

Congratulations! Glad to see you took my advice and got the 2000! There is nothing like a new one... except maybe an old one.
smile.gif
Yep, you are right that yours is number 259, mine is number 51.
smile.gif

Enjoy it buddy, you have earned it.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
2000 NSX-T #51 Yellow/Black

259 has got to be REALLY close to the end of model year 2000's production. I've heard that they're making between 250 and 270 this year...

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

vtec --

Before I give you my humble opinion regarding the comparison of the C5 and the NSX, note that there have been some great discussions on the topic here at this site.

The C5 is a great stride forward for GM -- it is as rigid as a fir beam and virtually shake/rattle free -- no comparison between it and the C4. The C5 engine is great -- tons of low end grunt and solid top end power. Mine was a hardtop, torch red, and the quality of the paint was outstanding. Interior fit/finish was adequate. Overall, a great value, nice looking, and very fast.
However, the C5 felt big and heavy when I drove it in the twisties. I also found a couple of factory defects that had to be repaired. The car was out of service for a total of about two weeks during the two years that I owned it. I drove it 48,000 miles, and was tired of it by the time I sold it.

There is no comparison between it and the NSX. The NSX feels much "smaller" to drive ---- much more nimble and agile. Where you sit down and inside of the Corvette, it's almost like you strap the NSX on, kind of like a great pair of running shoes. The NSX is easy to place in a corner and the outward visibility is beyond compare. Looks like a vidio game as the white stripes slip underneath you. The engine, of course, makes its power in a much different way than the Corvette, but I like it much better -- more refined and boy does it sound great back there -- snarling. Makes me feel like I'm sitting on the tip of a missle with the afterburners on. Fit and finish on my new NSX is beyond compare -- exceeds the C5 in every way. Let me tell you, I am a compulsive perfectionist in the area, and the NSX truly looks like the hand built car that it is. I guess I can best sum it up as follows: The Corvette is a car you buy, drive for a couple of years and then sell. (Reminds me of a comment my dad used to make: "she's a nice girl to date, but not the kind ya'd like to marry") The NSX is a car I could keep forever, and that's exaclty why I bought it.

The C5 is a great value, and the boys at Corvette deserve a hearty round of applause. Makes me proud to be an American. However, the NSX was always my dream car -- I only bought the Corvettes because the NSX was twice as expensive. I finally had the resources the buy the NSX so I sold the C5 and did it. However, don't let anybody fool you; you really do get what you pay for, and the NSX is worth every penny of its steep price
smile.gif

Pasadena Acura currently has a 2000 red on black Targa sitting on the showroom floor (with dead battery); VIN ending in number 244. They are asking $88K for it with some sort of "November lease deal". I went in to look at it this past weekend..........Hmmmm. So close.
smile.gif

Originally posted by akira3d:
259 has got to be REALLY close to the end of model year 2000's production. I've heard that they're making between 250 and 270 this year...

[This message has been edited by Hunahpu (edited 06 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hunahpu (edited 06 November 2000).]

They are asking $88K for it with some sort of "November lease deal

How generous of them.
rolleyes.gif
Their dealership pays $76,635.22 for that new NSX. You should be getting it for thousands of dollars less than that $88K price - regardless of whether you're actually buying it or it's the basis from which the lease is written. If the $88K was just on a sticker on the car, you might ask them how much they really are asking for it; if they repeat that number like they're serious, then shop elsewhere.

I thought the dealer's invoice on 2000 NSX-Ts was a bit OVER $78K.

That said, I bought my 2000 red/black from them for under $88K, so definitely find out what they're asking before assuming it costs what is listed on the sticker.

#244 has been there for a couple of months now...hmmmm.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 06 November 2000).]

Back