• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinions on NSX market values

I think they're on a speculation bubble. Early cars could be had for 20-25k just a year or two ago are now 30-40k. Later models are asking 50 and 60k. Sorry that's new c7 corvette money that outperforms and NSX in everyway.
I look at the NSX peers as the 300zx, 3000gt vr4, rx7, and Supra. All those cars can be had all day for 15-25k. So this much price separation causes me to think bubble. Even a 350hp rear engine twin turbo v6 Noble which has the engine in the back and sits low like and NSX isn't going for 60k.
Now I'm sure I made all the owners mad but that's my 2 cents.

Lots of Opinion from some that Joined Prime Today....I wonder how much reading he did?

Bram

It is certainly obvious that Aaron's opinion is not shared by many. Clean, reasonable mileage, well maintained NSX's are selling at high prices within a week here on the forum. Even higher prices are being paid on lesser examples at the collector car auctions. Currently on ebay there is only 1 NSX for sale - when not too long ago there were always about 2 dozen. Weekly there is press in the automotive magazines about the current and future increasing value of the NSX.

None of us needs anyone to tell us what our NSX's are worth - either from a dollar standpoint or the true value - the thrill of ownership experience. And when he says he's just taking the emotion out of it - hey, that's all that collector car markets are about. Just watch a Mecum or B-J auction - that's all you see is emotion!!!!!!

My advice to Aaron - put your money where your mouth is ...go buy a Supra - RX-7 or Lotus.....then join their forums. Leave us alone - we know what we have.

Bubble??? Speculators buying up NSX's??? I think not. Too late for the speculators...I think it's just a matter of latecomer's who are just now realizing the true value of the NSX....much of that being fueled by the attention it's getting in the automotive press and the upcoming launch of a new generation NSX.

I think they're on a speculation bubble. Early cars could be had for 20-25k just a year or two ago are now 30-40k. Later models are asking 50 and 60k. Sorry that's new c7 corvette money that outperforms and NSX in everyway.
I look at the NSX peers as the 300zx, 3000gt vr4, rx7, and Supra. All those cars can be had all day for 15-25k. So this much price separation causes me to think bubble. Even a 350hp rear engine twin turbo v6 Noble which has the engine in the back and sits low like and NSX isn't going for 60k.

Troll alert. What a wanker.

Wow you start a thread asking for opinions, I give one, give my reasoning, and everyone gets so defensive they start name calling and talking down to me! Cool! Glad I could give you something to talk about. If the only opinions that are acceptable were it's the best supercar ever then why even make the thread?

Wow you start a thread asking for opinions, I give one, give my reasoning, and everyone gets so defensive they start name calling and talking down to me! Cool! Glad I could give you something to talk about. If the only opinions that are acceptable were it's the best supercar ever then why even make the thread?

Everyone has an opinion.
Some express it well, some don't.
Some posters have credibility, others don't.
Some have good judgement, some don't

In your case you come on pretty strong on your first day on a forum and that can alienate some posters.
Secondly you're not an NSX owner so your credibility is low.
Considering these two points suggests there is a judgement/maturity issue lurking here.

Doubt this is the first time you've run into this

I thought you made a reasonable argument. Just not a convincing one. You may not be comparing apples and oranges. Maybe more like Honey Crisps to Macintoshes. The former is sweeter, tastier, and just plain more appealing while the latter is really only good for cooking. In addition to being a more significant, more interesting car compared to those others you mentioned, NSX's tend to be better cared for and complete service records are not at all uncommon. Frankly the others you brought up, with the possible exception of the Supra, are just used cars at this point. Regarding Supra's, a clean low mileage unmolested Mark IV turbo will bring some serious bucks. Even high mileage examples are commanding well over 30K if they are in good condition, well maintained, and unmolested. Some of the others could follow the NSX price trend in the next few years if the current trend in older Japanese performance machinery continues.

As to the reaction, you got exactly what you expected, as expressed in your original post. I believe your exact words were...

So what did you expect?

I don't see what the big deal is. So prices have creped up to 1/2 their orig. selling price.
Maybe I have just owned too many classic cars and am getting old.
I just don't see this as all that shocking........
Did anyone actually think they would depreciate forever?

Hey bro, it's a right of passage here to be disagreed with. Don't worry though. These posters are very respectuful and courteous. Just try not to make them angry.:biggrin: Like a pack of wild wolves they are. But smarts and expertise they have.

Ok I'll play. I could have bought a 2014 L3 Stingray for the same money I paid for my 2003 NSX. No thanks. I wanted rare, refined, non-redneck MF sports car. If you're not making money as a driver on the track then FO. Yes the Stingray is faster, yatayata, it also blows away the Cuda and Cobra from the 60's as well...so what. Those cars are still awesome.

Last edited:
[MENTION=20100]oldnews[/MENTION], an excellent decision. I dunno how many vette drivers I pass each year who snap their necks for a peek of my 1991 sushi sports car.

Ok I'll play. I could have bought a 2014 L3 Stingray for the same money I pain for my 2003 NSX. No thanks. I wanted rare, refined, non-redneck MF sports car. If you're not making money as a driver on the track then FO. Yes the Stingray is faster, yatayata, it also blows away the Cuda and Cobra from the 60's as well...so what. Those cars are still awesome.
Haha; May I add the obvious, my fat cousin Albert might say "wow you spent how much on that car?......man you know how many Twinkies and ice cream cakes I could have bought with that money". The fact is that you don't need to justify youre choices to anyone but you're self and if you don't think something is not worth it for you, then it's not, plain and simple but in this play ground you will most likely not find one that's going to think that an NSX is not worth it's current market value, not even that guy that has his eye on a higher performing car, as he is happy to know he will be able to sell for its current price or just the fact that its not currently depreciating; and I'm not sure if its been mentioned before in this thread, it's just such an awesome car, did I mention that it's "awesome", oh yes I think I did.

Last edited:
The new NSX is due out later this year. How much will that affect the value of our cars?

Last edited:
Just wait until the prices drop back down to the $15-$20K range and buy one at that time. You'd save a ton of money compared to the rest of us that paid nearly double for our cars.

Last edited:
Which would be ironic since a lot of us NSX owners would probably buy another NSX if prices ever become that low and that in turn would limit supply, thus driving up the price again.

Haha, damn supply and demand economics!!

However, just like the stock market crashes, fear will make a certain amount of people do the wrong thing and sell at the lows, so maybe half the NSX owners will own all the NSXs if that case happens, either way, I'm in for another one if they drop that low, cash is king baby!

So instead of buying one now, I should just wait a year or two and I can get 2 for the price of one? That would be great because I can't decide between red and yellow, I'll just get one of each.

Wife is pressuring me to sell my 91, after reading this post I don't want to anymore!

Sorry that's new c7 corvette money that outperforms and NSX in everyway.

Aaron you've added some spice to our otherwise bland but intelligent discussion on NSX pricing.

First, the NSX was never built to compete with any of the cars that you call its peers. It was hand built to compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. And it turned out to be better than those cars though it didn't have the great history that those Euro manufacturers have earned.

Second, the person that got me into the idea of actually trying to own an NSX is a Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes owner as well and has owned and sold several Euro exotics over the years. The only car that he will not sell is his 91 NSX which he bought new and now has 307K miles on it. That said a lot to me about how special this car is. But wait there is more... I like to take my NSX to car meets around our area (Texas has a very active car community pretty much state wide.) and I can't count the times that someone with a much more expensive exotic has approached me saying either they used to own an NSX and are kicking themselves for not keeping it or they've always wanted one and/or are actively looking for one. These guys can afford almost any car yet they pine for an NSX.

Yes a lot of today's cars will out perform an NSX for about the same money. But what you will never understand, until you drive an NSX on a nice curvy road or at speed on a race course, is that it's not about the HP numbers or the straight line speed. It's about the emotion that you feel when you drive the car close to it's limits and that none of the cars you listed as the NSXs peers can keep up with it in the curves. BTW, as a car guy, I happen to like all of the cars you listed and have driven or ridden in all of them but the Noble.

Your talk about taking the emotion out of the equation in this discussion just shows that you are not a true car enthusiast. Cars, whether for daily use, racing or collecting have always been about emotion from the second we get behind the wheel for the first time. The guy with ugliest, retina burning, beater is just as proud and emotional about his car as the billionaire with the LaFerrari in his garage. Are we biased on this forum? Yes we are. But, most of us have driven and owned many cars from muscle and exotics to borderline ricers. So we came to this bias through experience. If you've joined our forum because you own an NSX or are looking for one...welcome.

Last edited:
Back