• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

other methods of shipping body parts??

hi,

i just tried buying a rear valance from someone in CA. UPS returned the package to the sender stating that it is too big and in violation. Then the gentleman took it to FedEx to get an estimate and they were asking $211 to ship it!!! i don't understand, i once shipped a front spoiler to TX for about $40. i wonder if he packaged the valance in a huge box. do you think shipping it in just bubble wrap is good enough?? those of you who have experience with shipping spoilers and side skirts, what method did you use to ship and what was the average price? oh, i live in VA. thanks for any help.

jay

Here at the Tirerack when I ship body kit parts from east to west coast I usually use yellow freight 800.610.6500.
You may also want to compare your rate with Fed Ex's common carrier service. Online you can axcess them at http://www.fedexfreight.fedex.com/rate.jsp.
You will need to know the weight and the part will be class 150.
Both will be able to do it, but yellow will probably be cheaper.
I would allow 6 to 9 bus days for delivery.
Aaron:p

illegal to ship "body" parts.....sorry, it's friday so i've got crack one....:D

Ship it by Grayhound bus. I recently had a rear spoiler and front bumper cover shipped in the same box for $44.......and it got here from LA (the state) over night! A minor inconvenience having to pick it up at the station (which is open 24 hours/day, too!)

Good luck,
Ben

hi guys,

thanks for all your help so far. i gave your suggestions to the seller, hopefully everything will work out. happy easter,dudes.

jay

Back