• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oxygen Sensors - Install

oh yeah I got a good look at the primaries. My car only has 47k miles so here’s hoping they stay good for awhile, but from what I’ve read it’s a matter of time.

Do yourself a favor and install the sensors with some copper-based anti-seize on the threads (make sure not to get any on the sensor element). You will thank yourself the next time you have to change the sensors! It takes an hour of swearing, PB blaster, and propane torches and turns it into 30 seconds of happy wrenching. :) I use the stuff on all exhaust components- makes the cat bolts easy instead of an exercise in self-abuse.

Do yourself a favor and install the sensors with some copper-based anti-seize on the threads (make sure not to get any on the sensor element). You will thank yourself the next time you have to change the sensors! It takes an hour of swearing, PB blaster, and propane torches and turns it into 30 seconds of happy wrenching. :) I use the stuff on all exhaust components- makes the cat bolts easy instead of an exercise in self-abuse.

yup sure did. I coated the secondary threads with copper based anti-seize. The NTKs actually came with a small tube of it. I was all ready to hit the old sensors with PB Blaster and maybe some heat but they came out real easy. I’m pretty sure when the time comes for the primary it won’t be so easy.

O2 sensors

I’m about to change the front and rear O2 sensors again on my ‘92 and I’m wondering if you guys might have the p/n for the respective sensors from NGK / NSK so I don’t have to use the “HONDA” brand which are more expensive for the same part except p/n ?

Cheers
nigel

Back