• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paint Pen....new product

http://www.autovisuals.com/

im sorry if this has already been posted but this seems like a good product and probably better then using the brush that comes with the touch up paint ...ive always used a toothpic but i think this is a great improvement for touch up paints.

It DOES sound like a good idea. Thanks for posting about it.

If anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear a review.

I can't find a Spa Yellow Pearl, has anyone else found it.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
It DOES sound like a good idea. Thanks for posting about it.

If anyone has tried it, I'd love to hear a review.

I've been using it (black) without the clear coat - disappointed in the control - mine has had a tendency to drip paint (!). Had to polish some stray drops before I started being very careful with it - not too good on tiny rock chips.

Originally posted by wilsonp:
I've been using it (black) without the clear coat - disappointed in the control - mine has had a tendency to drip paint (!). Had to polish some stray drops before I started being very careful with it - not too good on tiny rock chips.

I use a toothpick or a Needle they both seem to work fine.
JAO
Len

Originally posted by len3.8:

I use a toothpick or a Needle they both seem to work fine.
JAO
Len

Actually my whole step is this. If the chip is to the primer. I fill with like or epoxy
primer. Let it cure then come back sand with
1000 grit paper. I usually cut the paper to the size of the sanding implement, I use pencils with the eraser end covered with the
sand paper. I use contact cement to hold the paper on the erasers. Then I fill with the touch up paint, fill to just above the height of the paint. I let it sit a day or two to make sure it gets hard. Then I come back with the 1500 grit sandpaper and take it
down to a flat surface. When it's even I then
put some clear on it and after it dries, I
come back with 2000 grit sand paper and lightly color sand that small area. It comes
out much cleaner than just a dab of touch up paint. Note the sand paper is of a wet/dry type and I use it wet. Also note: You really need to be careful if you are going to try this, I have had a lot of practice on old body parts from the junk yard.

AutoSharp Pen dripping:
The pen should not drip. It works great on small chips and key scratches. If you received a pen and it drips, please contact me via email with your original order information including the paint code and I will send you a new pen.
We stand behind our products and want everyone to have a great experience using them.

Wendy Engelberg
AutoVisuals
[email protected]
Toll Free: (877) 701-7780

Great product and, as mentioned, they do stand behind their product. I find it much easier to use than a toothpick or needle for small chips.

Back