• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

painting calipers pics - need help

I have a stock red 95 NSX and want to paint the calipers. I have seen a few nsx's with red calipers - do you guys have any pics of other Red NSX's with other colors than red and black - maybe yellow or something else?

ny2ca said:
...Red NSX's with other colors than red and black - maybe yellow or something else?

There are only few optimal color combos IMO. Gold is another option besides red or black. Anyone tired brown, pink, white, or limegreen? Show them up! :D

goldNSX said:
There are only few optimal color combos IMO. Gold is another option besides red or black. Anyone tired brown, pink, white, or limegreen? Show them up! :D

I have the factory gunmetal wheels with yellow emblems - I was thinking about yellow calipers...any pics of red nsx with yellow calipers?

Hey all,

Here is a link to pics of my Monte Carlo Blue 97 with yellow calipers. I know its not exactly what you were looking for, but they ARE yellow. =-)

Here is a direct link to the pic in case the images dont come through. http://www.specialopssecurity.com/img/hidden/cars-18.jpg

Other fun NSX and S4 Willow Springs pics and burnout videos: http://www.specialopssecurity.com/hidden/photos/toys/

p.s. the S4 is for sale as of this week. if you are interested, email me at [email protected] -Thanks!

Attachments

• BBSwithYellowCalipers.jpg
    BBSwithYellowCalipers.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 205
  • weirdangle.jpg
    weirdangle.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 1997NSXatBeach.jpg
    1997NSXatBeach.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 159
thats real nice. BTW: where did you take those pics in SoCal - I live in PB and that looks real familiar...

27th street with the Newport Beach Pier in the background. 1 block from the office =-)

I'm about to buy a paint kit to paint my calipers. What do you guys do for painting the letters? You buy another kit just for a few drops of paint for the letters? :eek: Suggestion please!

KoolinNSX said:
I'm about to buy a paint kit to paint my calipers. What do you guys do for painting the letters? You buy another kit just for a few drops of paint for the letters? :eek: Suggestion please!

Buy a paint pen from a hobby store.

Have any of you guys considered caliper covers I sell them if anyone is interested in them...They are made of aluminum and come powder coated in Red,Black,Yellow,Silver and real Carbon Fiber not only are the more attractive(IMO) less time consuming than the paint process.No masking tape,No can shaking no mess.They can also be removed and used on another car if the calipers are simular in size and they dont retain any additional heat. If someone can tell me how to load pic's I can show them to you.

Nice-just what we needed; another thread on painted calipers! Lets start another one on Snap Ring transmissions:tongue:

Back