• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Painting iforge wheels.

So heres my delema. I currently have a set of 18/19 sprints that are painted silver. They look great but I'm now leaning towards black {semi flat} centers. I'll be removing the rivets myself but my question is without wanting to sound cheap. Has anyone used a good name brand canned spraypaint with any luck? Semigloss/flat black is an easy color to spray from a can and usually lays down pretty nice. I'm concerned about durability. I'm very anal about banging around on my wheels but am still concerned about chipping. I'm looking to save downtime. Any pos/neg feedback is greatly appreciated.:smile:

Thank's guys, I'm not being a cheapass, just thought it might work in my favor timewise. I agree, powdercoating is my best bet. Guess the car can set on jackstands for awhile.

Anodize them?

I just finished painting my 94 oem's with a product called Ghostchrome from www.alsacorp.com . I used a spray gun but if I remember correctly they also offer their products in rattle cans.

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you have pictures of the finished product?

Thanks!
Randy

So heres my delema. I currently have a set of 18/19 sprints that are painted silver. They look great but I'm now leaning towards black {semi flat} centers. I'll be removing the rivets myself but my question is without wanting to sound cheap. Has anyone used a good name brand canned spraypaint with any luck? Semigloss/flat black is an easy color to spray from a can and usually lays down pretty nice. I'm concerned about durability. I'm very anal about banging around on my wheels but am still concerned about chipping. I'm looking to save downtime. Any pos/neg feedback is greatly appreciated.:smile:

A $4,000 set of wheels, and a $8 can of spraypaint...what could possibly go wrong? LOL!! :biggrin: :wink:

Please get them professionally done. Those wheels are too nice for Krylon.

Back