• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Painting whole car..

flat black would look really cool. when it come time for a paint job on my car I will do that and drive it 150mph every were I go.

1 more for the flat BLACK look :biggrin:

On the PLUS side It would look more like a '70 Charger :eek:

Just think if someone were f#cked up enough to smear lots of chalky like wax all over that flat black paint job.... That would suck...

You know the type, the kinda that stains the rubber around your windows and such....

apparently nobody here has seen a well done flat black car. they look sweet, and there's no reason an nsx wouldn't.....

besides, it's not like he threatened to paint it silverstone.... jeez :tongue:

that being said, if you're going to do it, make sure you do it right. flat black can either look incredible or like primer. :wink:

good luck with it, and post some pics

apparently nobody here has seen a well done flat black car. they look sweet, and there's no reason an nsx wouldn't.....

besides, it's not like he threatened to paint it silverstone.... jeez :tongue:

that being said, if you're going to do it, make sure you do it right. flat black can either look incredible or like primer. :wink:

good luck with it, and post some pics

DOH! Nice try! You can't get anything past me! Silverstone is by far the BEST color on an NSX.:biggrin:

Flat black with a flat clear coat. No shine.. i saw this done on a tahoe and it looked bad ass with black wheels.

Do it man. :smile:

It will be sick. :eek:

What wheels you considering? You gonna keep those ones you got on there now(not sure what they are from that pic)?

Those will hinder the sleek look that you'd get from the FLAT

Okay some of your opinions are needed. I'm going to paint my car.

berlina black

Flat black with a flat clear coat. No shine.. i saw this done on a tahoe and it looked bad ass with black wheels.

Camouflage with a shiny clear coat or Camouflage with a dull clear coat.

thanks

Warren.............. man................. I don't even know what to say. I can't believe somebody would actually pay to make their car look like it was faded in a junk yard for 15 years. That flat paint looks like hell. I looked at the link the guy had to the other flat NSX. It looks like it's sitting in primer. It looks like a car that's not finished. It looks like the kids that drive around in the little Civic's and 240's with their car in primer or with body kit parts stuck on their car that aren't yet painted. It just looks like hell. I'm giving you my opinion, and that's what you asked for. Sorry. :rolleyes:

I think I am, "You east coast, I faahhhhh east coast" lol

ohh my fellow black X'er, ok i remember you now.
i thought you were someone i met over here at one of the meets that i didnt remember lol. i'm not good at remembering faces/names with the forum handles.
how ya been? i barely surf myspace much anymore, just to check emails.

flat black would look really cool. when it come time for a paint job on my car I will do that and drive it 150mph every were I go.

what are you talking about? we already drive 150 every where we go.

i hit 100 on a daily basis...on residential roads, near school zones and churches on sundays.

i hit 100 on a daily basis...on residential roads, near school zones and churches on sundays.

That's SOOOooo COOL :biggrin: :eek:

thats true . I we always go 2 times faster that they post. I love reving it in fron of the church on sundays I can't get enough of the look on there face when I do that with Pantera blasting.

Oh man you just made my day. I'm at work and started laughing really hard. People are coming over and asking me whats so funny. LoL!!!

As for the paint job, that Ferrari just made me bust a nut. thats looks sick. The yellow caps stands out the whole car... Camo is off the list for sure. Now it's pink..... J/K... Flat black with a not to shiny of a clear coat. As for the nsx with primer that is one ugly paint job. that looks like they used rustoleum spay cans.. I hope i spelled that right. Keep the opinions coming.

ohh my fellow black X'er, ok i remember you now.
i thought you were someone i met over here at one of the meets that i didnt remember lol. i'm not good at remembering faces/names with the forum handles.
how ya been? i barely surf myspace much anymore, just to check emails.

LoL, nope! never met! Just ran across you when some kiddo jacked another prime member's pictures, tried to claim it as his own and tried to be "friends" with other nsx owners. You happened to be on his friend list and I wanted to know if he was "for real" apparently he wasn't and his profile went private. The car belongs to..."Tiago" (?) a club owner (i think), but its a really bad ass white nsx w/ red seats that used to belong to another member here.

Wow, I'm pretty entertained by the replies to this thread! :tongue:

Well, here's my opinion. If youre gonna keep your car stock, KEEP IT STOCK. Berlina Black is sweet. If you're gonna modify the car with a kit, I think flat black would look alright. I thought Hishi's car looked pretty sweet, but I wouldn't want that myself. It all depends on your taste, but don't be surprised if you get bashed for your taste. (Not that I'm bashing.) :wink:

May I humbly suggest a vinyl wrap in lieu of a paint job?

Firstly.... at the end of the day it's YOUR car, and you can do what you like to it.

secondly... it's ONLY paint, it IS possible to paint a car more than once!!!

So paint it whatever you like, just as long as YOU enjoy YOUR car!!!!

Whatever floats your boat :rolleyes: but don't forget the stickers and the fart can mufflers. I would suggest getting a Civic or an Accord to express your artistic side.

wow i almost feel bad joinning the bashing fest . But way to sum it up !

Paint it Berlina Black. Don't ruin another NSX.

On second thought.... go ahead, Camouflage with a dull clear coat. One less marketable NSX raises the resale for the rest of us.

And this one finishes suming it up !

man... if you decide to paint it flat black, paint it flat black.. after all its just a car, now if you care what other people think about it then thats a different story. i wouldnt paint it flat black but then again i'm not you =)

i think that if you feel the urge to ask someone what you think, you do open yourself up to some serious burnination.

if you think of something, just do it and don't ask =) cuz if you are asking us, you are probably looking for a legitimate reason against it =)

Back