• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) in SoCal (review)

I wanted to share my experience with the Paintless Dent Repair that I just used on my brand new satin white pearl BRZ that was dented during truck transport to my house. The transport company somehow managed to put 3 dents into the front fender of my BRZ, so as you can imagine, I was furious.

I researched all the PDR places based on recommendations from a number of Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, GT86, etc... car forums, as well as all the highly rated ones on www.yelp.com and www.angieslist.com. I narrowed it down to ten of the best guys that had nothing but 100% positive ratings.

After spending hours researching on-line, I made my final decision based on the experience of the actual guy who would be doing the repair, as many PDR shops have several guys that do the repairs so you never really know who you'll get.

After completing the repairs, I would highly recommend Mark Davis for PDR work. The work he did was excellent and I don't think anyone would see any hint of damage even staring closely at the fender. (He supports the OC Ferrari dealer with all of their dent repairs) Here's his phone# & website in case you're interested: (714)264-9607 www.mddings.com

His price was very reasonable for the high quality of work performed, and it actually came in under the original estimate. As Mark Davis said himself, "any PDR shop claiming they can only fix the dent to 90% perfect is just making excuses for inferior work." He is mobile, but will give 20% discounts if you group 3+ cars in one spot for repairs.

What? You didn't have John (ANYTIME) work on it? :eek:

http://www.dentworks.co/

On Yelp

On Facebook

201608_137380619666110_4977223_o.jpg

Last edited:
Cool graphics! We have a Prime member who does PDR in the Ventura area? Nice!

Cool graphics! We have a Prime member who does PDR in the Ventura area? Nice!

That's his car on the graphics...John's been the organizer of some key regional events dating back to 2001 (including the ever popular CalCoastal NSX Group Canyon Drive). He's an all around great guy.

He's worked on all three of our cars with perfect results every time.

Back