• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parts: Emergency Brake button & Trim around radio & climate control

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far. I want to ask for some suggestions. The emergency brake button is peeling off and I want to ask if anyone knows where I can purchase just the tip to replace. The actual arm of the brake is fine, but the button silver tip doesn't look good at all. I hope it's not something to difficult to replace myself.

Secondly - there is some 'bubbling' around the main dash panel where the radio and climate control is. Looks like over the years, with hot and cold variations it's starting to come off. Does anyone know if that part is also available to replace?

I have a black on black '91.

Thanks for any suggestions/advice in advance.

You can get the SOS billet button from Eric.

Finding a minty OEM center console won't be cheap. Keep an eye open on the classifieds.

Hello, I have a simple question. How do you remove the old plastic chrome emergency brake button? I tried turning it out but it seems really tight and I don't want to damage anything. Is there more to it than just turning it out? Is it maybe right hand thread??

Hello, I have a simple question. How do you remove the old plastic chrome emergency brake button? I tried turning it out but it seems really tight and I don't want to damage anything. Is there more to it than just turning it out? Is it maybe right hand thread??

Normal thread but very tight as you noticed.

I have a nearly perfect (slight scratches on top left and right edges, covered when AC vent is on) centre console that I bought for a double din dash project. I snatched it up and when I received it I hate to say it but it looks too pristine to be sliced up so it's been sitting in my basement ever since :)

PM me if you'd like it. I'm in Ottawa but can bring it to the GTA when I'm in town for Labour Day.

It is indeed very tight. Wrap a rubber band (or 2) around it and use a pair of pliers. You dont need a lot of force to take it off but the rubber bands add grip.

Console

I have a nearly perfect (slight scratches on top left and right edges, covered when AC vent is on) centre console that I bought for a double din dash project. I snatched it up and when I received it I hate to say it but it looks too pristine to be sliced up so it's been sitting in my basement ever since :)

PM me if you'd like it. I'm in Ottawa but can bring it to the GTA when I'm in town for Labour Day.

If this fellow doesn't want to buy your console, I would be interested in it. I'm on the west coast. Thanks

Back