• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Parts for NA2 brakes.

The previous owner of my car mentioned that the brakes has been replace with NA2 brakes.
It is time for me to replace front brakes for me. Is that mean I need to get brake pads and rotors for NA2? I know the ABS system is still the NA1.

Anyone can help me with the rundown of what normally got replace when someone said they upgrade to NA2 brakes?

Thank you.

You probably need 97+ 298 mm front rotors (instead of 282mm 91-96), but you can measure them to be 100% positive you have the upgrade. Brake pads, IIRC are the same.

The previous owner of my car mentioned that the brakes has been replace with NA2 brakes.
It is time for me to replace front brakes for me. Is that mean I need to get brake pads and rotors for NA2? I know the ABS system is still the NA1.

Anyone can help me with the rundown of what normally got replace when someone said they upgrade to NA2 brakes?

Thank you.

Last edited:
You probably need 97+ 298 mm front rotors (instead of 282mm 91-96), but you can measure them to be 100% positive you have the upgrade. Brake pads, IIRC are the same.

Thank you.

I have read your build, they are awesome.

I actually been meaning to ask you about removal of cruise control. I have NSX-R steering wheel and obviously, no CC button. What components I need to remove? I don't think I see your post about that.

Also, my horn is not working. Seems like I am missing SRS coil. I assume I need the SRS coil for the horn to work.

I actually been meaning to ask you about removal of cruise control. I have NSX-R steering wheel and obviously, no CC button. What components I need to remove? I don't think I see your post about that.

Also, my horn is not working. Seems like I am missing SRS coil. I assume I need the SRS coil for the horn to work.

The Horn and CC can be wired to work without the SRS coil if you use an aftermarket steering wheel. A few wires need to be run to the SRS connector at the bottom of the steering column and then to a metal plate behind the steering hub for the horn. For CC a few more wires need to be run and you need to add buttons.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/194976-Cruise-control-quot-set-quot-wiring-help!!

Thanks!

Regarding cruise control you remove the module and bracket (under front hood, driver's side with black cover) along with cable that links module to gas pedal.

You don't need the SRS coil to have the horn to work you just need to wire it, I have information on CC, horn and airbag light here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/170650-BBVNSX-93-EDM-NSX-From-Portugal!/page7?p=1977699&viewfull=1#post1977699

You can also remove cruise control CPU that is behind the glove box, you can see it here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...tugal!/page8?p=2004991&viewfull=1#post2004991

For full explanation on airbag and horn you can look here (great information from Kaz as usual):

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6367-2002-Type-R-Steering-wheel-with-OEM-boss&p=58209

If you don't want to fabricate the contact plate for the horn, you can order Honda Part #35259-SH3-A02 and make it work like I did

Thank you.

I have read your build, they are awesome.

[MENTION=14824]BBVNSX[/MENTION], Thank you for the help with the link. I finally got the horn working.

I have decided to use the RP01.

I am planning on getting StopTech Big Brake Kit. Found out the front wheel RP01 will not clear the brake kit.
The spec is 17"X7.5" +32 offset front and 18"x9.5" +38 offset rear.

Make sure the SSR will work...Stoptech are robust but need a little more clearance than standard brembo...

Anyone ever rebuild the stock brake calipers?
As in replacing the brake caliper piston seals, guide pins, guide pin boots, and all?
This is for NA2 brake calipers.

Anyone ever rebuild the stock brake calipers?
As in replacing the brake caliper piston seals, guide pins, guide pin boots, and all?
This is for NA2 brake calipers.
[MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] can help if you have questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the process of rebuilding the front calipers.
Got the rebuild kit from Amayama.

2F887BD3-9476-4FCE-A6D9-F55FED3DC107.jpg

The pink grease, says dust cover of caliper.
The yellow, says pin moving portion.
The clear one did not say anything. At least not something that I understand. Can any one help me?

Thank you.

Should the pistons be replaced?

Got the pistons out of calipers. Looks like they should be replaced.

D8BBAFED-0718-4096-8E7D-1E77FEEC3369.jpeg8B109CC5-DD7A-42A9-B466-E42DF1A8BA6B.jpeg4BBD449C-8586-46A3-B36A-0790AACF8658.jpeg

Assuming the 40 and 36 are the pistons size.

Looking at Amayama website, the correct parts numbers are
45213-SL0-003, for the 36mm.
45216-SL0-003, for the 40mm.

I already bought caliper rebuild kits, which part 01463-SL0-J02.

Can someone help me confirm that,
1. Those are the pistons that I need for the calipers.
2. The caliper rebuild kits that I already bought are the correct one. If not which one that I need to get.

Thank you.

@johgar the piston part numbers are correct but the rebuild kit part number you provided is for NA2 front brakes which use a 40/34mm piston combo instead of a 40/36mm combo like you have, you'll need to purchase the 91-96 front kits which is p/n 01463-SL0-020.

Those are definitely NA1 brake calipers, but perhaps the previous owner upgraded the caliper brackets to allow for the use of the larger NA2 rotors while keeping the NA1 calipers.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info.

That is the weird thing. I measure the old rotors, and they are 11". If it was using the NA2 bracket, wouldn't the rotors would be the 11.5"?

If the rotors are about 11" then sounds like they are the NA1 282mm rotors. NA2 rotors are 298mm/11.73" so sounds like the front brakes are completely stock.

Edit: I think your rears are stock as well, the vertical part of the NA2 rear bracket is straight whereas the NA1 bracket is curved to fit around the wheel hub, and your photo shows a curved bracket.

Last edited:
[MENTION=23696]johgar[/MENTION]

It looks like you have 91-96 front brakes, based on the measurements and caliper piston sizes. So, your "J02" rebuild kits will not work (at least not fully). You will need the 91-96 kits, which John described above.

As for the greases (for front and rear calipers):

ORANGE --> Caliper pin sliding surface, caliper sliding pin tip, parking brake cam/bearing, parking brake cam seal
PINK --> Dust boot except for lip/seal area, parking brake bolt cup
WHITE --> Dust boot lip/seal, dust boot groove on pistons, pin boot lip/seals, parking brake cam pin and cup, parking brake cam o-ring
CLEAR --> Piston body, piston seals

You should also replace the bleeders.

Back