• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Passenger-to-driver OEM seat swap

Has anyone tried to swap out their passenger seat to the driver side and then vice-versa? I know that the underside railing needs to be swaped as would the control buttons, that should be pretty straight forward. Is there any geometry differences between the seats though?

This would allow more even wear between the seats (assuming you have no one sitting in the passenger seat regularly, like me)

It might fit. It might even work well.

However, the seats are different.

The inner side bottom seat bolster is higher than the outer side.

Drew

Seems like more work than taking the drivers seat in for reconditioning at a reputable upholstery shop. I can't imagine why Honda would put mounting plates/holes for the switches on the insides of the seats :confused:? Maybe they do :confused:? Sounds like one of those ideas that would just keep getting worse the longer you tried to make it work.
Happy Motoring!

It is easy enough to take off the seat cover, get a new panels sewn in and re-install. This is common practice in the upholstery business.

I had mine done for about USD$100 (I did the actual R&R), and they even matched the previous needle holes perfectly.

I asked this same question on 1-10-2010 , and got a lot of the same answers. Some seat parts came up for sale very cheap so I bought them to see for myself. Yes I think it would be a relatively easy job if you are a little handy. I am presently looking for a Ivory passenger seat! I have a nice black passenger seat leather to trade or sell. pm me if you have more questions. Bernie

Back