• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

passenger window down...HELP!

The passenger window was lowered in my 92 and now it wont go up. I was looking for an emergency crank or something to at least put some glass back in the hole (in Indy and it is cold). What can I do to get the window up until I can get it repaired?:frown:

The window regulators (one of the few weak links in the NSX) are known to go bad, only way I know off to get the window up is to manually do it from the inside. Remove the door panel and go from there.

good luck
Armando

What can I do to get the window up until I can get it repaired?

Pull window up with your hands.

Put length of duct tape along the bottom of the window, but above the door rubber strip. All of the tape should be on the window: the added lip/thickness of the tape will rest on top of the rubber and keep the window up.

That will hold it in place until you can deal with it at a better time.

Drew

MiamieNeSeX said:
Wouldn't the fuse conspiracy effect both windows?

Armando

That's a negative K. Fuse #50 is for the driver's side window motor and fuse #47 is for the passenger's. Both are 20A fuses and are located in the fuse box under the hood.

Am I the only one around here that actually looks at the service manual? :biggrin:

Thanks for the input so far. Here is an update: I checked the fuses and I also used a voltage (?) light {ground wire and pointed end to stick wires} and I am getting power. I removed the door panel and even with some prying fromthe bottom I am unable to get the window to move upward. I was afraid if I used too much pressure I would crack the glass or damage the mechanism. The regulator motor works. I believe the attached part where the coiled (?) metal spring wrap was was stuck. I took it apart and was able to re wrap the coiled metal spring. Still no movement. For some reason I was naively thinking maybe it had a emergency hand crank....but apparently not. So....what is the best way to force that beast up? It snowed last night and my temporary cover is no match for these brutal Indiana nights.:confused:

If you remove the regulator from the actual window, can you slide the window up by hand? It should move pretty freely up and down the racks at this point. Just be careful, there isn't much room for your hand and that glass can get heavy. Only 2 bolts attach the regulator to the actual glass. See section/page 20-10 (or page 836 of the PDF file) of the online service manual.
It's possible your regulator motor is spinning but the internal gears have met their maker. If you can get the glass up after disconnecting the regulator at least you can cut some wood or jury rig something to keep the glass up until you get a new reg.

Back