• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pawn Stars (Best 1/2 hour show on TV)

This has got to be one of the most entertaining (and educational) shows on TV. (History Channel).

A pawn shop in Vegas run by a son (Rick), his dad (The Old Man), Ricks son ( Big Haas) and his wacked out pal Chumly.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Watch it once, you'll be hooked.

Jack

Now that I think of it. In October for the NSXPO, we should all roll into their shop parking lot when they are taping for the show and for a joke ask the Old Man what he would give us for 187 NSXs.:wink:
Big Haas and Chumly would more than likely over pay for every one of them! :rolleyes:

Then take them out in the desert to try and do some rock crawling!

Jack

Last edited:
I love the show. There are som very interesting items that people bring in to pawn/sell. I also like Rick's excitement when something rare like the "Russian Nuclear Missle" key's came in.

I love the show. There are som very interesting items that people bring in to pawn/sell. I also like Rick's excitement when something rare like the "Russian Nuclear Missle" key's came in.

Like Rick says at the beginning of every show. " One thing I've learned after 21 years, you never know WHAT'S going to come through that door."

Jack

Last edited:
I drive by there on occasion and since they started filming, there is always a line of people out the door to get inside...

I love that show too. Have you seen the one where they had purchased a helicopter all in pieces and had to tell the old fart owner what they bought?
He eventually got to fly in it and ............. made some $$$ as well. :biggrin::biggrin:

It's the new "Orange County Chopper" show but with a history lesson. I just love how they low ball the sellers, and laugh in their faces at the same time (and win).

It's the new "Orange County Chopper" show but with a history lesson. I just love how they low ball the sellers, and laugh in their faces at the same time (and win).

I love the show too... while I do see some similarities with American Chopper, Pawn Stars isnt nearly as annoying as American Chopper.

I absolutely love that show - I especially like Rick because he's not a "know it all" but he does possess a wealth of knowledge. Oh and who doesn't love Chum Lee and the "Old Man" ??

Wife has already told me that we are visiting this pawn shop while attending NSXPO... and I just made flight reservations for NSXPO last night!

Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV, almost started a thread about it yesterday. American Pickers is interesting too, the 2 pickers on the show aren't nearly as interesting as the people they run across like that Moleman or the dude with all the keep out signs.

All of the Pawn Star dudes all have their own distinct personality. Old man is hilarious and Chum just cracks me up...

6:30 into this clip is my favorite Chum moment...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-F4KuXQIriM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-F4KuXQIriM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"Definitely one of my favorite shows on TV, almost started a thread about it yesterday. American Pickers is interesting too, the 2 pickers on the show aren't nearly as interesting as the people they run across like that Moleman or the dude with all the keep out signs."
I like those shows as well, but some of it is staged, regarding values, etc...I wonder what goes on behind the scenes on these shows and what reality really is..instead of what they want you to see...

I like those shows as well, but some of it is staged, regarding values, etc...I wonder what goes on behind the scenes on these shows and what reality really is..instead of what they want you to see...

Here is an interesting video about the Lou Gehrig jersey.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNLXofynJa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNLXofynJa4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And here is more interesting information on the Soviet launch keys...

I really like the history in the show too! As for them lowballing, in that kind of business you have to be able to determine the true value of something. why wrap your money up in things that take 3 years to sell. Smart money is to lowball and then try to have wiggle room to resell it as quickly as possible and still make money.

I've been watching this show since I first saw this thread. My wife even likes it. It amazes me too how little money people accept.

Watching them "negotiate" is almost the exact same every time and cracks me up.
"how much you want for it?"
"well I was thinking $X"
"hahaha yeah right, i was thinkin more like $X/4."
"How about $X/3?"
"How about $X/4?"
"hmmm ok fine.."

I've been watching this show since I first saw this thread. My wife even likes it. It amazes me too how little money people accept.

Watching them "negotiate" is almost the exact same every time and cracks me up.
"how much you want for it?"
"well I was thinking $X"
"hahaha yeah right, i was thinkin more like $X/4."
"How about $X/3?"
"How about $X/4?"
"hmmm ok fine.."
You just lost your shirt on this deal, you ass. Step over to Carl and he'll write you up! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Has anyone seen the new pawn show, Hardcore Pawn on true tv? They are in Detroit. Quite a difference in clientele from the guys in Vegas.

Has anyone seen the new pawn show, Hardcore Pawn on true tv? They are in Detroit. Quite a difference in clientele from the guys in Vegas.

I watched a few episodes last night. Awesome. I don't like the son/daughter very much, but the clientele makes for 127.52% better TV.

Cool-story-bro-Let-me-call-my-buddy-hes-an-expert-on-cool-stories.jpg

I just had to post it, I love this show too.

Back