• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Performance loss with cracked headers?

I have DC Sport headers that I think are fine, but given their earlier track record they may be cracked. What is the big deal if your headers are cracked. What bad happens?

I have no experience with cracked or leaky header system on the nsx but do have it with a certain panoz racecar I tested moons ago. The big motor in the esparante did not like the unequal backpressure of one side leaking.So bad was it that I thought the motor had dropped a cylinder or two!So from that experience I can only extrapolate that all cars like equal header presures.

i think you would notice if it is cracked.. It will sound something horrible. Like sound of a old Beetle possible metallic rattle too.

fkong777 said:
i think you would notice if it is cracked.. It will sound something horrible. Like sound of a old Beetle possible metallic rattle too.

True ! I had a cracked header once, not on my NSX but on another car and the sound was terrible with lots of rattles.

Back