• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phatnoise replacing OEM CD Changer

I have posted about this in our regional thread, but wanted to let more people in on it that may have missed it.

If you have a stock deck and want to keep it that way, plus add a killer MP3 option with full audio navigation features (to find what song(s) you want to listen to, thanks D'Ecosse), check this out:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23751

Or directly

http://www.phatnoise.com/products/digitalmediaplayers/acura.php

Took 15 seconds to install, and works seamlessly, killer.

Last edited:
I think everyone who saw this unit on Saturday was very impressed - it has great packaging, very simple interface hook-up (plugs into OEM cable in the trunk!) and the audio directory navigation system is really nice - means you don't have to be looking at the head to find the album/track you want. One of the neatest features is the ease of loading - the memory cartridge just pops out & has a docking station at the pc - although with 20 Gigs (or options for larger) you probably just fill it up & go! (although simple to add a new album when you want to)

I just realized reading this the "navigation" comment might confuse Jonathan - this is the navigation for the disc directory system, not an added direction finder system (Hope you don't mind me clarifying that) - smart people already probably recognize that terminology of course, but then there's guys like me .......

Interesting, this company has been around for a long time. When I originally looked into this I was told they were bought out by Kenwood (thus the resemblance with the Keg). I was told they were no longer supporting this product looks like things have changed.

nsxxtreme said:
Interesting, this company has been around for a long time. When I originally looked into this I was told they were bought out by Kenwood (thus the resemblance with the Keg). I was told they were no longer supporting this product looks like things have changed.

I don't know for sure, but I do believe that Kenwood OEMs the product from Phatnoise for their aftermarket piece. I think they are identical products otherwise and Phatnoise has other OEM partners as well as their own brand.

They have been around for a long time, I think they have come a long way with support for many systems and vehicles in addition to revising the platform with a slicker UI and, the USB 2.0 dock, and of course more widely supported systems.

The 'plug and play' in the NSX is really impressive.

JS

That's a nice find, although $859 is still a little pricey. Another cheaper option would be the ipod with FM transmitter.

NsxJoy said:
That's a nice find, although $859 is still a little pricey. Another cheaper option would be the ipod with FM transmitter.

Ah, but then you would have to use an FM Transmitter :eek: ... or even worse... an iPod :p

I think this thing is great - it does some of what I wished the MP3 CD Changer did (why doesn't it have folder skip using the old interface?) and more.

I agree on the pricing though - especially the drive upgrades. I like to buy HD storage when it's below a $1 per gig. They seem to be charging too much for an extra 20 gig ($100).

Maybe the price will drop when it doesn't sell...

Back