• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Photo gallery password

I set up a private photo gallery to and saw no prompt for assigning a password. Am I overlooking something, or are private photo galleries not permitted on Prime? I searched but couldn't find any similar questions.
Thanks.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f4zyjLyBp64" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Pardon me if the answer to my question is somewhere here online. I looked hard and couldn't find it before posting my question. Thanks.

Please be a little more specific. Are you setting it up in vBulletin or Photopost? What is the URL where are you creating it? And why do you assume there should be a password?

When I recently created an album using Photopost, I selected 'yes' to make it private. Later when I directed someone to look at the album by giving them a link, they said they were prompted to input a password and couldn't view the album. I didn't remember being prompted for a password when setting up the album, but just now when I tried to create another private album, I now see on the next page where a password is pre-selected for the private album. It's shown 1/2 way down the page on the main album setup screen.

That seems to solve my question of where to find the password for a private album, but now I'm even more confused: I tried to replicate what the other person saw by logging out of Prime and then clicking on the private album link I gave him, and I was able to view the entire album w/o any password prompt.

Any advice or am I missing something?

No rush here, and thanks for the help. Didn't mean to sound like a smart*** with the Ferris Bueller video, in case I did. Was just trying to bump my question while keeping things light... Thx.

Thanks for the help, Mod. Looks like user error on my part. For anyone else who stumbles upon this:

When you create an album in Photopost and select to make it a private album, you're assigned a password on the next page. I missed seeing that password when I created the album. You can always see the password again or generate a new password if you go to your "My Albums" page and then edit that album. The only catch seems to be that you can't pick the password; one is generated for you.

Also, your Friends can see private albums. So don't put up any naked NSX photos unless you're ready to share them with your Friends. More info here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_contacts

• Public albums can be viewed by anyone
  • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
  • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

Very interesting. Thanx for the info!

Edit: When I click on this link, it gives me a permission denied error. No biggie though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, Mod. Looks like user error on my part. For anyone else who stumbles upon this:

When you create an album in Photopost and select to make it a private album, you're assigned a password on the next page. I missed seeing that password when I created the album. You can always see the password again or generate a new password if you go to your "My Albums" page and then edit that album. The only catch seems to be that you can't pick the password; one is generated for you.

Also, your Friends can see private albums. So don't put up any naked NSX photos unless you're ready to share them with your Friends. More info here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_contacts

• Public albums can be viewed by anyone
  • Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
  • Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)

Glad you were able to get it sorted out.

One point of additional clarification (or confusion!): The info you quoted above re: friends being able to see a private gallery refers only to the vBulletin photo gallery feature. Photopost is a separate add-on that has it's own settings. I do not believe Photopost allows anyone other than the owner see a private gallery without the password. I have not tested this though.

Edit: When I click on this link, it gives me a permission denied error. No biggie though.

That is unrelated to the issue at hand. You can't access that because I globally disabled style editing on profiles.

In vB 4.x there is a user blog feature that is a little more useful. I may enable that when we migrate to 4.x

Back