• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Pic at Lime Rock, CT

Feels good to be back on the track... here is a pic at the downhill at Lime Rock...

1jay_pana.jpg

Hi Jay:
I'll be at Lime Rock Friday and Saturday instructing with BMW. Why don't you register with SCDA for June 17-18 at Lime Rock. We should have at least four NSXs running at that event. www.scda1.com
Schedule some time for Watkins Glen...that's where the big dogs play.:)

Hoping to get to NHIS this coming Monday if i get my intercoolers finished.

Ian runs a good school. Would love to come and play with the NSXs, if you don't mind.

Peter Mills said:
Hi Jay:
I'll be at Lime Rock Friday and Saturday instructing with BMW. Why don't you register with SCDA for June 17-18 at Lime Rock. We should have at least four NSXs running at that event. www.scda1.com
Schedule some time for Watkins Glen...that's where the big dogs play.:)

The SCDA days at LRP in June were booked solid the same day that registrations were accepted. No more openings are available.

Currently I'm registered with PDA and NASA... but i was looking at SCDA so I can join you guys and get some pointers. I am registered to run a PDA event in July running the North course at Pocono and in November at Lime Rock again. A friend of mine with a SC NSX and myself are looking at an event w/ the corvette club but not sure yet... but June 17/18 sounds like an option for me since it gives me time to get more funds...

I ran into some issues with my tires or wheels this past event... don't know if it was before the event or after... I had Mavis take off one of my tires to inspect an object that I heard in the tire.. it was an old valve stem that was forgotten when they where first put on... once I got the wheel back and was heading to the track.. it felt unbalanced... i didn't seem to notice it on the track, but on the way home it was bad.. I took it to Paddock Performance and had it road force balanced and was told the the wheel and or tire was shot... the road force balance was at 86 and noticed that the tire looks all messed up like my suspension was set up for positive camber... I'm going to take it to wheel collision and have the 2 fronts checked out for a second opinion... so now the debate is the wheel is good, is to run the Dunlop SP9000s that I currently have on it or bit the bullet and get S03s which are expensive. so we'll see...

I also spoke w/ Andie at Cobalt and will be ordering the specVRs for the front and GTs for the rears since mine are toast and also upgrade from ATE Blues to Motul RBF600. I will be also adding some kind of ducting or deflector for the front and rear brakes.

I also contacted Mark at Dali to order the street/track sway bars but they are not in stock, so i have to wait for those...

This past saturday was my 2nd event, first time in the intermediate class so i'm still trying to find the confidence to drive the NSX smoother and harder but mid engine is something that I really need to get accustomed to. My major issue is big bend, that double apex is killing me.. hehe but i'll get it in time...

So all in all July looks promising since it gives me time to do what i have to do.. I'll check out SCDA and see if I can register...

Here are my specs for the last saturday's event... I just have to measure the height of the suspension drop since I didn't have a tape measure at the time... If you see anything questionable please let me know and thanks a bunch!!

nsxdata.jpg

RSO 34 said:
The SCDA days at LRP in June were booked solid the same day that registrations were accepted. No more openings are available.
ah well, another event then... :(

JaySpec7 said:
ah well, another event then... :(

I did not get my act together (I was on the road during the registration week and weekend) and could not register for the event.

However, there are other events at LRP.

For instance, this one is still open (I attended last year with them and it was excellent):

--------
Here's the details from the event master.

This is your tip to sign up today or tonight beofre the event is SOLD out.

Event master Glenn says:
"However, right now we have 17 more slots for students.......<<<snip>>>
......... so I heartily encourage you to find someone that you really like, and have them register today:

http://www.neqclub.org/events.php

Back