• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Picked up my new NSX last Tuesday...

1994 Red/tan coupe from a member here on prime, 'tjacks' - I flew from SoCal to Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday, and just got home in Orange County on Saturday at 12:30PM, here are pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The car made the 2500 trip (due to a detour to 4-corners and the Grand Canyon) without issue, although I did have synthetic oil put in at an Acura dealership in New Mexico prior to making the cross-desert trip.

I am looking to convert the exterior from Acura to Honda emblems, I realize this is a decision that has been covered several times here on prime, but was curious to see if there were any retailers that carried these parts, aside from sos? While I understand the nsx is not necessarily a cheap car to keep I am balking a little bit at $300 for the pair of emblems, especially at the $40 shipping charge the sos shopping cart reflects...

Congrats!

Does anyone besides me find it funny that someone actually left California and drove to the east coast to buy an NSX? It seems like it's always the other way around. :D

Great car, congrats!

Not to be a downer or anything, but your side skirt is sagging. Do a search to find out how to fix it, or just shoot me a PM. :biggrin:

Once again, congratulations!!

MCM said:
Congrats!:biggrin:
Nice color combo! Its one of (35) with 5 spds.
I have yet to see another!
Your 30 minutes north of me, will be neat seeing 2
with this combo at one of our local get together's.
What are the particulars of your car?
History, mileage etc.?
(never mind, found it)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50281&highlight=red+tan

I look forward to doing some NSX get-togethers, this is my first non-German car, so I will not know any of you, but I have been to plenty of BMW/Porsche meets... the O/P run looks like it might be fun ;)

With regard to the color combo... I was looking for red/tan NSX's for the last several months, but had little success... I found myself coming back to this (distant) car over and over again, and eventually started emailing the seller... as soon as it passed a PPI I bought a plane ticket and picked it up.

Congrats on your new ride:smile:
Don't forget to join the NSXCA as part of your new car acquisition.

Happy New Year and start thinking about NSXPO in Orlando so we Northeast Crew have an opportunity to see your NSX:cool:

I also searched for almost a year to find a red/tan combo. You will not be dissapointed since it really stands out in a crowd.

Have fun:biggrin:

Congrats and very nice car! I've also driven to Ohio for a vehicle, but to save $5k on a Lightning, and not for my NSX. :rolleyes:

Glad to see a red/tan as I always wondered what they look like - the extent of tan etc. I wanted one too and finally gave up when my wife declared I should find a car here in Houston.

Enjoy the car!

Zap

Hey John its nice to see you made it home uneventfully. I miss it already and my wife was almost in tears went she pulled into the garage for the first time after it was gone. As much as we loved the car a tough decision had to be made and we had to sort out our priorities. We decided that getting a new house was where that money should be going. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and at least you'll get to drive it year round. Best of luck to you.
Tom

tjacks said:
Hey John its nice to see you made it home uneventfully. I miss it already and my wife was almost in tears went she pulled into the garage for the first time after it was gone. As much as we loved the car a tough decision had to be made and we had to sort out our priorities. We decided that getting a new house was where that money should be going. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and at least you'll get to drive it year round. Best of luck to you.
Tom

I had a few interesting points during the journey, the largest was having a tarp-covered truck spew white paint all over the front end of the car near St. Louis - luckily the car was wet from driving through rain a few minutes before, and the next exit had a self-serve car wash - I was able to remove approx 95% of the paint from the car, with the Acura dealership who did the oil change in NM spending the time to remove the remainder. I got a small rock chip in the windshield, due to a Dodge Caravan careening across the freeway right in front of me, also in Missouri, but I have an appointment to get that taken care of later this week.

The car itself performed perfectly during the journey, although it has some new rock chips from 2500 miles of freeway driving - I am getting these fixed next week, in addition to the pre-existing small dent and rear bumper scrape at a local paint shop; the car is in good hands, and I wish you luck in your home/new car search :smile:

Back