• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of NEW NSX-R at the Ring

Best Motoring went the the Ring recently to shoot the new NSX-R...check it out...

BestMotoring_Mr_Kurasawa.jpg

BestMotoringCrew2.jpg

NSXTypeR1.jpg

NSXTypeR3.jpg

so cool...black TOP ^_^

------------------
Got dat ol' vee six cilnder inder?

http://www.nextestdrive.net

I'LL TAKE IT!!!
biggrin.gif

I like the black top as well.

I can't believe the official car has the hood scoop and other carbon fiber parts... near identical to the one at the Tokyo Show.
Man I can't wait to see some peformance data on this baby.

BTW- Saw Motortrend TV last night. Had the Vette vs. Hornet shootout, 2003 Viper, and
2002 NSX. They got the new one to 60 in 4.6. That's the second time I've seen an official test clocking a US model under 4.7. Nice.

Thanx for the pics. All greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 14 May 2002).]

UGH.... I still can't take those lights, it looks like someone put some coke bottle glasses on an NSX to me. (JMO)

------------------
1994 Red/Black NSX #418
Nazi Forum Groupie

I don't know, i still think the 2002 is like a new CD. Does anyone else get a new cd..listen to it all the way through..think it's horrible...toss it back in the case. Give it another chance months down the road...find that it's absolutely the best CD you've ever heard...and can't comprehend how you could have not liked it previously. I thought for a split second when i first saw the 2002 I didnt like it..but everytime I see one its more amazing looking. Especially with the new pic on the front page of the blue painted one...it's beautiful..and now the nsx-r..the thing is just plain sick. It's ok..you guys can start admitting that you really do like the 2002 now. Same thing happened with the Integra and RSX. I really like the RSX whenever i see one now...it's only cause everyone expects to see a copy of what the old one looks like changed to how they think would improve the perfect looks it already had. hm.

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

I think the coke bottle glasses is a better analogy. LOL! I tried very hard to get use to the new lights and I still can't. I've seen a silver and black 2002 at the dealer and it didn't make any difference.

I'll take the original NSX-R, the one without glasses.

William
97 NSX-T (Yellow/Black)

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 14 May 2002).]

Originally posted by true:
I don't know, i still think the 2002 is like a new CD. Does anyone else get a new cd..listen to it all the way through..think it's horrible...toss it back in the case. Give it another chance months down the road...find that it's absolutely the best CD you've ever heard...and can't comprehend how you could have not liked it previously. I thought for a split second when i first saw the 2002 I didnt like it..but everytime I see one its more amazing looking. Especially with the new pic on the front page of the blue painted one...it's beautiful..and now the nsx-r..the thing is just plain sick. It's ok..you guys can start admitting that you really do like the 2002 now. Same thing happened with the Integra and RSX. I really like the RSX whenever i see one now...it's only cause everyone expects to see a copy of what the old one looks like changed to how they think would improve the perfect looks it already had. hm.

I really like the new NSX, ever since I saw it at Motegi I have wanted one. Can I get an automatic still? The lights are OK. I don't care as much for these white lights as the regular ones now.

Love the White/Black combo. Ugh on the headlights. That car needs some good white wheels!

Any one else here unimpressed by the style of the factory 7 spoke wheels. Granted, they are a huge improvement over the original 5 spoke design from when the cars first came out, but the new ones just don't do it for me. I've seen a bunch of aftermarket wheels that look way better than the factory ones. A $90K sports car should have bettered styled wheels! JMHO

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I like the factory 7 spoke wheels - in particular, I like the 1997-2001 wheels better than the gunmetal finish of the 1994-1996 wheels or the new 2002 wheels. I think the '97-01 wheels are classic and elegant.

I'm surprised the NSXR has the same wheels as the standard 2002 NSX. The older R had different wheels that distinguished it from the standard model. Although I guess it doesn't matter there as everything is an option. I'm sure they have other wheel options in Japan for it.

Originally posted by scottjua:
Best Motoring went the the Ring recently to shoot the new NSX-R...check it out...

Love the white/blk. Still hate the bug-eyes. There's no reason why the contour of the headlamps has to protrode outside the car's normal, smooth contours.

But I especially hate seeing the two guys using the front fender for a leaning post. (pic #3)

------------------
John Anderson
93 wht/blk
99 Zanardi #45

Originally posted by true:

I'm starting to feel the same... sort of.

Standing still, the 2002 doesn't look too hot. When it's in motion... WOW!

I was talking to the producers of BMI and they said that since Honda hasn't "Officially" released the car to the public BMI can't release any photos to me at this time for promotion. BUT When they do I should have some cool stuff for you guys to see...but as you can see here this IS the production model.

The wheels ARE white aren't they? Personally I like the New CD analogy...but for me I like it almost immediately. Not better than....just in a different way.

Originally posted by scottjua:
The wheels ARE white aren't they?

OEM white wheels were available on the white NSX 1997-2001. I don't know if that is true for the 2002.

That's what I was trying to note...is that the pics show that the New NSX-R DOES HAVE white wheels for the production run...at least based on these pics.

MichiganNSX said=

Love the White/Black combo. Ugh on the headlights. That car needs some good white wheels!

so I just was trying to point out that I think the prduction car will/does have white wheels to signify the "R"ness of it.

I personally love the fact that this car has the Black top...I wonder if that will be an option or Standard on NSX-Rs from here on...???

WILL the US get the NSX-R? Anyone think so? doubtful I guess but it would be cool

Back