• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix PVGP meet-up

Ding ding ding - guys, can you email or PM me your email addresses for Saturday? So far I've only heard from PghMiller (Brian) and trn107. Brian's shooting to arrange for us to drive in unannounced and all together, which I think could be fun.

Hi Yinzer,
I will be meeting up with friends from Michigan, so my ability to go other places such as Cars & Coffee are limited. But I will be in the Asian Paddock on Saturday. Hopefully we can meet there. My email is:
[email protected]

Gary

- - - Updated - - -

Hi PghMiller,
Sorry for not staying with this thread. Been very busy lately. I will try to meet up beforehand, but am meeting friends from Michigan, so my time is not completely my own. Will you be in the Asian Paddock?
Gary

Looking forward on Saturday to seeing some of the fun cars in PGH that I never knew were here in PGH.

The first 30 seconds or so of their June 15 meetup makes me think Arista5 might have been there?

Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 7.40.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 7.44.33 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And, one of the other twin GPW's is going to make it. Haven't met him yet, this should be fun.

Gary - I'll email you thru prime re: Saturday. I'll likely stop by.

Last edited:
looks like you were spotted today PghMiller ;)

12052_10201017622916260_1267815345_n.jpg

61787_10201017625436323_809187779_n.jpg

I hope to see you guys at the PVGP meet. I'll be driving my friends Lexus IS-F and she will be in her Lexus LFA. So feel free to stop by and say hi at the PGH Cars N Coffee tent.

passed a whole string on my exotics on my way home from the southside today - stretching all the way from craig street to morewood on forbes. saw several porsches, old mustangs, a murcielago, an italia, and a shelby cobra, but had my fingers crossed for an NSX. finally spotted a red one just across from CMU...driver was wearing a yellow polo. Gave him a thumbs up but not sure he saw me :D

any of you guys have pics of what I missed from last weekend?

Ya The Cars N Coffee crew were heading from the Grand Prix to the Waterfront and said they were going to pass through South Side. I was supposed to go with them but I dipped out real quick for food and by the time I was done it was already past 5:30 which is when they said they were heading out. Was the Murci a sweet green color? If so, that was them. You didn't see a yellow Aventador, black LFA, silver R8?? They should all have been part of the crew too. I really wanted to get up in that too, but traffic was bad on Forbes and I couldn't get back in time!! :(

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• IMG_20130721_153808_584.jpg
    IMG_20130721_153808_584.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
i saw:
neon green murcielago
red gt-r
silver r8
blue/white shelby cobra
white 458 italia
red nsx

I actually turned around and tried to follow the NSX. I caught another brief glimpse of it at the forbes/craig intersection, but both lanes were merging into one so i was way back by the time i got to the light and lost them. funny thing is...I was on my way home from the waterfront via southside. oh well!

Last edited:
here's some more....

Attachments

• DSCN3323.jpg
    DSCN3323.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN3332.jpg
    DSCN3332.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN3329.jpg
    DSCN3329.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN3328.jpg
    DSCN3328.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 31
Please keep the pix coming. I missed the bulk of another PVGP due to a work issue. I really have to find that "become independently wealthy" button.

Bryan - I'll be in Columbus OH this Saturday, my last out-of-town weekend this summer. So please keep up the notices of various cruises & meet-ups other the PGH C&C's, if you don't mind!

BTW do you know the story on the white 458? I noticed it appeared to have Chicago dealer plates on it at the C&C I went to 2 weeks ago. Is that a PGH car or ??

passed a whole string on my exotics on my way home from the southside today - stretching all the way from craig street to morewood on forbes. saw several porsches, old mustangs, a murcielago, an italia, and a shelby cobra, but had my fingers crossed for an NSX. finally spotted a red one just across from CMU...driver was wearing a yellow polo. Gave him a thumbs up but not sure he saw me :D

any of you guys have pics of what I missed from last weekend?

I was at the PVGP all weekend with the CnC crew, I drove a friends car into the show each day while they drove their other car. The cruise from the park to waterfront I have it all on my camera I'll get it uploaded sooner or later its about a 35 min cruise which u saw us in the southside, your probably on video at one point haha.

Ya The Cars N Coffee crew were heading from the Grand Prix to the Waterfront and said they were going to pass through South Side. I was supposed to go with them but I dipped out real quick for food and by the time I was done it was already past 5:30 which is when they said they were heading out. Was the Murci a sweet green color? If so, that was them. You didn't see a yellow Aventador, black LFA, silver R8?? They should all have been part of the crew too. I really wanted to get up in that too, but traffic was bad on Forbes and I couldn't get back in time!! :(

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to meet you by the way, I was wondering if you were going to come back when we started to roll out.

Please keep the pix coming. I missed the bulk of another PVGP due to a work issue. I really have to find that "become independently wealthy" button.

Bryan - I'll be in Columbus OH this Saturday, my last out-of-town weekend this summer. So please keep up the notices of various cruises & meet-ups other the PGH C&C's, if you don't mind!

BTW do you know the story on the white 458? I noticed it appeared to have Chicago dealer plates on it at the C&C I went to 2 weeks ago. Is that a PGH car or ??

what do you want to know about the 458? That would be Doc's car aka Cody. He owns that and the yellow aventador.

what do you want to know about the 458? That would be Doc's car aka Cody. He owns that and the yellow aventador.

Fantastic. Really only wanted to know whether it was a PGH car since I thought it had no license plate on it 2 weekends ago when I saw it. Glad to hear we'll get to see it more often.

I'll be in Columbus OH this Saturday which marks the end of my being out of town most every weekend in July. So I'll look forward to the C&C four weeks from now and hopefully meeting you & Bryan then. Meanwhile, here are a few shots from two weeks ago:

Got to finally meet Dave S who owns #2 of 3 GPW coupes I know of in Pittsburgh. Standing nearby is Tom and his fiance' Kelly (getting married later in August so be sure to send your congrats here on Prime):

IMG_2669.jpg

Tom's yellow. First time I've seen a yellow in person and the paint is astounding. So nice. Amazing how much bigger a Mustang looks compared to his NSX.

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

This one is for John 99NCNSX:

IMG_2674.jpg

Is really fun to be seeing more and more NSX's in PGH. Bryan, feel free to keep us informed of other cruises/meet-ups that you know of. I have a car-crazy 14 year old nephew who's ready to go anytime I can make it.

Hey Andy, nice looking Shelby! Interesting to see how many NSX's there are in the Pittsburgh area.

Hope you have seen the big news about Ted Klaus attending NSXPO. Hoping we see a number of the Pittsburgh owners coming down for this great event.

John

Bryan,
I'm planning to go to the starlight cruise tonight with a buddy whose MR2 just got repainted. Time to relax and see some nice cars. I'll email you since you say you don't see these postings (you don't get auto-notified of updates via email?). Anyone here going? I'll look for NSX's naturally.
Andy

Yes Andy that's mine. That was my first ever visit to the Wexford Starlite cruise, it was awesome. I heard it was MUCH bigger last year when they had more parking lots open, but now I guess they closed a lot or two, so it was only a few hundred cars (apparently there used to be several hundred if not 1000+!!!).

Back