• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Plasti dip from Ohio

Met a guy who [had a 91 NSX] and was sporting one of the worst plasti dip jobs I've ever seen (never seen a GOOD one). We were in Columbus, Indiana two weekends ago and he was a participant in a car show. Orange with overspray everywhere. He said it was originally Sebring Silver, and he was from somewhere in Ohio. The car was rough, but I humored him for 10 minutes or so. He was very proud and said he never frequented Prime. Don't know if anyone here is aware of what car this is, but I feel sorry for the next person who purchases it. When I called it an NA1 he had no clue to what I was referencing. The center console was just as hacked as the plasti dip; horribly done. Any input as to who this gentleman is from the Midwest crowd?

**I know, shot in the dark. Just inquiring.

Last edited:
Met a guy who [had a 91 NSX] and was sporting one of the worst plasti dip jobs I've ever seen (never seen a GOOD one). We were in Columbus, Indiana two weekends ago and he was a participant in a car show. Orange with overspray everywhere. He said it was originally Sebring Silver, and he was from somewhere in Ohio. The car was rough, but I humored him for 10 minutes or so. He was very proud and said he never frequented Prime. Don't know if anyone here is aware of what car this is, but I feel sorry for the next person who purchases it. When I called it an NA1 he had no clue to what I was referencing. The center console was just as hacked as the plasti dip; horribly done. Any input as to who this gentleman is from the Midwest crowd?

**I know, shot in the dark. Just inquiring.

Uhhh....
That's my ride cuz and there aint no overspray.
The console izn't hacked up either it's optimized for stereo removal.:rolleyes:

I like the stucco theme. .............Gives the car an old world look.

So it's worth less because of plastidip? Why do you feel sorry for the next purchaser?

So it's worth less because of plastidip? Why do you feel sorry for the next purchaser?

Well, excuse my lack of experience with plasti dip, but the overspray was everywhere. On the taillights, the vents in front of the rear tires, wheel wells, etc. I guess my thought is one of, if this is how the car was treated for this procedure, then the rest is highly suspect.

at least you found the owner......what are those chances:confused:

Well, excuse my lack of experience with plasti dip, but the overspray was everywhere. On the taillights, the vents in front of the rear tires, wheel wells, etc. I guess my thought is one of, if this is how the car was treated for this procedure, then the rest is highly suspect.

He probably used a rattle can (which used right still works very well). Check out dipyourcar.com, check out the videos. Buddy should have done it right by tapping off areas or pealing away the access afterwords. A friend of mine dipped he E46 M3 last year using dipyourcar.com kit (spray gun in a booth) and it turned out pretty damn good. Made me consider doing my NSX.

So long story short if done right it looks really good. The guy you were talking to unfortuatly probably had no clue what he was doing.

I just saw a brand new Mustang GT that was dipped and it looked really good (if you like satin black). Quality of the job was excelelnt. And when you get sick of it, it peels off.

P.S. I have heard of some instances of clearcoat damage due to dip. I would never dip my entire car, but wheels, or maybe a hood, that's another story. Thinking of a dip in some silver/metallic/anthrycite over my black Enkei wheels...

Last edited:
That's a Photoshop pic. Guy is fucking with you.
Yeah just goofing around.:smile:
I thought my mspaint picture was bad enough to be funny. Sorry, internet humor fail.

On a serious note my father recently drove his NSX from PA to FL. I advised him to plasti dip the front to prevent rock chips. Apparently, he didn't put it on thick enough and had a hell of a time removing it.
He wound up doing another heavier coat on the hood to get it removed and had to use WD40 to remove it on parts of the bumper.

fwiw i knew that pic was a digital paint thus my response.

Back