• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please fix NSXPrime

Adverts

I’m sssooooo tired of deleting all the many pop up adverts just to continue to enjoy Prime it makes me want to stop coming here !

Cheers
ngel

I’m sssooooo tired of deleting all the many pop up adverts just to continue to enjoy Prime it makes me want to stop coming here !

Cheers
ngel

Was that a joke? If so, good one! I've never seen a popup ad come up from this website in the 15+ years I've logged in.

Posting a pic is a game of chance. Pic not accepted today taken easily another day. Logging in to reply to a thread means before you submit to copy it first because when you go to submit it you suddenly have to log in again and risk losing the post, hence the copy you made can save you. I can never log in at the top right where it is . That always fails and takes me to the warning screen which will then work. Issues like this take the fun out and I often end up deleting the post and give up.

I have to X out an ad every time I click on “new posts”.

I have the same thing happen but only when I log in using a phone or iPad. On my desktop I don't have too.

However, I can't log on at all through my office because my firewall sees Prime as not secure due to it not being "https".

Adverts !

At the risk of pissing someone off, it’s getting such a pain in the ass, just deleting the pop ups just to look at the site on every screen, on every section, coming here anymore almost isn’t isn’t worth it just because of always trying to look through somebody trying to sell me some kind of bullshit I don’t want, to try stay involved in the NSX communities.
I don’t face book for anything as well for the same reason but here it’s gotten so bad ........

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
I can live with popups but today and going forward we are getting spammed more and more...some dufus just showered over 30 threads with crap....RSO has been our champion in this effort, without him erasing/blocking/pruning in the background prime will be dragged down

....or like a sexless marriage...:rolleyes:

I can appreciate the struggles of keeping this site alive. It can't be cheap. There is so much information on this site of which google crawls and displays on their search results. Hosting that traffic is not cheap. Prime is an amazing repository and it's its curse. Hosting photos and being able to upload them on prime means prime is paying for that storage. Even photobucket's business model couldn't work. I found a way to share my photos with you all thru prime via Google Photos but it's kind of a pain (especially off my mobile phone).

Wish I had a better solution... The ads needs to pay the site. I click on them often just to generate some ad revenue. It's a pain... trust me.. I know.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if Lud or any other good folks who's keeping prime alive is subsidizing uptime costs out of their pocket. If I was independently wealthy I'd pay for the next 10 yrs to keep the site alive. It's gotta be several thousand $ for that.

EDIT2: I thought nsxprime.com was sold?

Anyway, I feel for the admins in the back end. It's one thing to admin the forum.. it's another thing ($$$) to keep the site alive technologically.

Last edited:
Adverts

Since I first bitched the adverts have gotten worse and worse! Now when I try to go to a thread there’s a new advert that completely blocks the page so you can’t see the page or carry on until you do something to respond to it comes up.
Maybe just shutting down the NSX site down and just have only adverts and no NSX site at all so the sellers of the useless products will be happy and the hell with us that come here to enjoy the NSX world don’t have to worry anymore ?

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
Since I first bitched the adverts have gotten worse and worse! Now when I try to go to a thread there’s a new advert that completely blocks the page so you can’t see the page or carry on until you do something to respond to it comes up.
Maybe just shutting down the NSX site down and just have only adverts and no NSX site at all so the sellers of the useless products will be happy and the hell with us that come here to enjoy the NSX world don’t have to worry anymore ?

Cheers
nigel

The media even ruined Prime.

Cheers
nigel

After discussing things we figured out what has happened. As [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] mentioned keeping the site up and running is not cheap. The community is so small that in order to help subsidize some of the cost NSXPrime always had advertising set up. Well the company that originally supplied the plugin for ads sold their "portfolio" to another ad agency who is now using the same plugin to display larger and more intrusive ads. We are going to look for a way to go back to a smaller ad footprint or eliminating ads if the proper funds can be raised.

Many of you probably know by now that even Google is doing away with free photo hosting. I've started paying google to host my photos for the past year. You all should expect some costs to this whole thing if you want to keep prime alive. Whether we subsidize that cost thru ads or pay it ourselves as a group, fundraise, or what not... that remains to be seen. Personally.. I don't mind the ads because I know it's contributing to the bottom line costs.

Many of you probably know by now that even Google is doing away with free photo hosting. I've started paying google to host my photos for the past year. You all should expect some costs to this whole thing if you want to keep prime alive. Whether we subsidize that cost thru ads or pay it ourselves as a group, fundraise, or what not... that remains to be seen. Personally.. I don't mind the ads because I know it's contributing to the bottom line costs.

Well said and important to note. Thankfully Google will still give everyone 15GB of free storage, which depending on how you use Drive and Gmail is still a boatload of photo storage space. But you are right that it would be wise for users to start thinking about their photo hosting and even smarter to think about the $1-10/month it will cost to make sure you never run out of space or lose your photos. Nobody wants another photobucket situation again.

We are exploring options to raise the funds needed to upgrade Prime (forum and website).

zoom bake sale.....wet T shirt contest....pay per click sexiest owners calendar...

Back