• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please help me choose!

Which for Red NSX-T?

• Lowenhart BR5

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • HRE 547R

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • SSR GT3

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • iForged Flux

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
My NSX-T is Red. Size will be 19x10 & 18x8.5 Here are my final choices....

Lowenhart%20BR5.jpg
HRE%20547R.jpg
SSR%20GT3.jpg
iForged%20flux.jpg

I really like the Lowenharts #1 - Please help me choose.

KGP said:
Yikes! :eek: Those are horrid.

I agree. Never really liked them even on the LS400 type cars (they are big favorites in the large sedan crowd)

You would think I would vote for the iForged FLUX wheels huh??? Well, since you asked, I like the HRE 547R's the best!!! But if you don't have $6k, I would go with the iForged FLUX for half the price and spend the rest on other NSX goodies.

Also, I dont like the Lowenharts on the NSX. And the SSR's don't look as nice as the HRE or iForged wheels.

This is how I'd rank them:

1. HRE 547
2. iForged FLUX
3. SSRs
4. Lowenharts

Good Luck,
- Z

HELLO, who's car is it, who's driving it, who cares what other people think, it's your car, please yourself, what other people think has no bearing here. I bought (leased) my car because I wanted it, hope that you do the right thing and please yourself!!! JMHO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

These are for ME, not anyone else. I like the look of all about the same and I respect other owners and their opinions, especially from owners with any of the 4 types above. But you have to agree that the color of the car means alot when choosing wheels. I also love the HRE's and not worried about the price (actually $5k w/ tires from Ben). But take a look at the 2nd picture in this thread showing the Lowenharts and tell me they still look horrid. Keep the opinions coming.

OK, I'll tell you!!!

JOPRIMO said:
These are for ME, not anyone else. I like the look of all about the same and I respect other owners and their opinions, especially from owners with any of the 4 types above. But you have to agree that the color of the car means alot when choosing wheels. I also love the HRE's and not worried about the price (actually $5k w/ tires from Ben). But take a look at the 2nd picture in this thread showing the Lowenharts and tell me they still look horrid. Keep the opinions coming.

"They still look horrid", you said it, I didn't. JK, I have my opinions on aftermarket wheels, and it's just that, my opinion. Please, please yourself, if your decision is going to be made by others, you can only blame yourself if you take their advice anyway. So make your mind up on what you think looks best on your car, and you won't be disappointed. The car is beautiful, and in red, it's almost as nice looking as a yellow car with stock wheels, but hey, that's my opinion. Here in the NE it's going to be a beautiful weekend, if it's nice where you are, take it out and enjoy it!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yeah i'm familiar with this thread too....mine would look exactly like this (cosmetically) when i'm done if I went the HRE route. I actually was leaning towards the HRE's but recently saw that post with the Low's and thought it best to at least consider them. I'm also very interested in reliability as I drive about 500 miles a month in my X and HRE has good rep. O well... time to get the checkbook in order. BTW... what the latest lead-time to get these made and delivered?

HORRID

Wheel #1 is not a very nice selection. For the NSX, this wheel is a not-so-distant cousin of spinner wheels.

You linked us to cardomaindotcom. C'mon, those wheels are so puurrttyy and with OEM brakes, do you really think that car goes to the track, like the front red tow hook would make us believe? Eye candy that is too sweet.

My choice is #4.

Last edited:
The HRE's Hold up pretty well, so far, so good. I have gone through a few sets. Other than the obvious risks of larger wheels and thinnner tires, seem to be doing just fine. I havent owned a set of Lowenharts, so cant comment on those.

The HRE's usually took about 4 weeks. I would look into the polished or brushed options if you decide to go with HRE, becasue the painted finishes are really soft and the paint chips very easily.

Edit: VERY VERY easily

Since you asked again

AndyVecsey said:
Wheel #1 is not a very nice selection. For the NSX, this wheel is a no-so-distant cousin of spinner wheels.
iagree.gif

For what it's worth, my iForged FLUX wheels have held up really really well! I've driven plenty on them and they have held up GREAT even with the low profile tires!! I've driven over some pretty nasty pot holes too. Even when I got hit by that SUV, the wheels were not bent, just scuffed. ;)
- Z

NSX FoYoAss said:
I've driven over some pretty nasty pot holes too.
- Z
Uhhh, pot holes in Houston :confused:. Maybe you drove up to where there is really a freeze thaw cylce.

Sorry, Z. Couldn't resist. :D

KGP said:
Uhhh, pot holes in Houston :confused:. Maybe you drove up to where there is really a freeze thaw cylce.

Sorry, Z. Couldn't resist. :D

KGP - you don't need a freeze/thaw cycle when potholes are engineered in as part of the original design. Houston roads suck! :p

LeftLane said:
potholes are engineered in as part of the original design.
Sounds like a conspiracy brought on by the tire and wheel companies to me.
thumb.gif

No doubt the HRE 547 look awesome on a NSX. 19/18 wil look even better.:)

Back