• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please need Help with HP EVO Hyper Light Polish 18F/19R Aftermarket Rims

I need Help with HP EVO Hyper Light Polish Aftermarket Rims that are

18x8 Front w 38mm offset
19x9.5 Rear w/38mm offset

do I need spacers on the rears or fronts? I want a squared off look not bulging out.

What size tires look the best w/o rubbing and without the thin rubber band look?

Any good advice is most appreciated as this is my first NSX and I want it to look like the pictures I have attached.

Thanks!:smile:

If your NSX is '91 through '96, you will need 3mm spacers at all 4 corners.

The tires up front are 215-35-18, but some run 225-35-18. I think the 215's look fine with just a gentle stretch. I would think that the 225's should have no stretch, but there is a higher risk of rubbing.

The tires for the rear are either 265-30-19, or 275-30-19. Just a matter of preference, or size availability, with whatever brand you go with.

Aside from that you will need wheel spacers and tuner lugs. Good luck.

KingsCourt said:
If your NSX is '91 through '96, you will need 3mm spacers at all 4 corners.

The tires up front are 215-35-18, but some run 225-35-18. I think the 215's look fine with just a gentle stretch. I would think that the 225's should have no stretch, but there is a higher risk of rubbing.

The tires for the rear are either 265-30-19, or 275-30-19. Just a matter of preference, or size availability, with whatever brand you go with.

Aside from that you will need wheel spacers and tuner lugs. Good luck.

Thank you! What are tuner lugs? My NSX is a 95 NSX-T

Tuner lugs nuts are made to fit into smaller holes/openings than regular lugs. They are narrow and come with "keys" that are used to install them and remove them. They are either CLOSED END, and have grooves on the outside where the key makes contact, or the lugs are hollow (OPEN END) with a hex shape molded within, and the hex key fits in the hex-shaped hollow center for installing and removing.

The closed end are more attractive, but they are more susceptible to stripping if an impact wrench is used on them. Just make sure they are manually torqued, and there should be no problem.

I would recommend the closed end ones at this website, or something similar.

http://store.racinglab.com/tuwhnu.html

Back