• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally found a wheel I like, now I need help

Guys for the longest time I never thought of replacing m OEM 2005 wheels. I love how light these are, that they are forged BBS, that they have extended spoked and the concave look.

Now, I have for the first time seen an aftermarket wheel I REALLY like. And being the market is pretty good for my OEM wheels, I thought I may swap at some point. I am trying to get an idea of cost, but I don't even know what to ask for on the new wheels.

So I need your expert help, as I am rarely on this part of the forum. I've done a lot of searching and reading, and am now just plain CONFUSED.

Here is what I want:

1) Must clear my stoptech BBK. This is the ST40 calipers, not the new thin one.

2) Must be performance oriented.

While I want them to look good, they will be my ONLY wheel (track and street). So I don't want to go so far toward bling that I start making the car heavy, or have to do crazy cambers to get them to fit.

My suspension is a KW competition coilover system, and they are at Ravi's place right now being outfitted with a VRH lift system (front only). So I can lower the car a decent amount, but again I want to stay performance oriented. I think having a wider front wheel will be great as I can step up the tires a bit to 235 fronts and something bigger rears. I don't want to have to use spacers if possible.

So what should I go with? should I stagger? Should I go 17/18? 18/19? What about offsets?

Here is a picture of my car stock suspension and wheels:

bullet.jpg

Here are the wheels I want to get:

FI_TI_A_IMG_1590_mccopy.jpg

5334620877_12a6052134_b.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Opinions on this wheel are welcome:

5334621605_91c718430d_b.jpg

4526354218_583495e5ac_o.jpg

I like it, I like it alot! Since there is no lip you can get away w/ 17/18 & it will still look pretty big. If your going to use them on the track go 17/18, if not go 18/19.

Edit: Just read the part where you stated they will be your only wheels for street/track so yeah def. 17/18.

Last edited:
1. Don't sell your OEM wheels unless you are forced to financially, they will only appreciate in value as our cars will be getting older.

2. I was thinking about those wheels myself, please buy them so that I can see how they look on a silverstone :).

Sizing I would go with:

Front: 17x8 +40 with 225/40R17 ( if you want you can also mount 235 on 8" rim)
Rear 18x10 +40 with 275/35R18 ( you can go with 285 if you want)

Good luck!

my .02

Last edited:
What are the available offsets for this wheel? And +1, go with 17/18.

Shoo!!! Go away!! I don't wanna see them on your car first!! LOL...

I don't know wheelsto sells them. I will ask as soon as I figure out what to ask for. Are you on board with Brylek's 17/18 offset suggestion?

I would go with 17/18. I think 18/19 is too big, especially for track duty.

Attachments

• davesnsx.jpg
    davesnsx.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Yeah. Just called wheelsto. He said they will not fit an NSX. Only made for Ferrari/Porsche. Only 19" sizes...

what a letdown. I really liked the style. :mad:

The Enkei PF01 are very good for racing, cheap and light.

Don't worry Turbo, I was in the same boat just few months ago when I found a wheel that I like and then boom, - it doesn't fit :).

Here is my favorite, HRE P41:

hrep41monoblok1.jpg

Last edited:
If you like that look you should familiarize yourself with BBoxer's car.

http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23547190
392859577.jpg

In any event, I'm not a fan of the style of the thin wide twin 5-spoke design on the NSX but to each their own.

Thanks but these are not even remotely close to my eye. The spokes on the BBS FI are staggered, it is not a simple twin 5-spoke. See where the spokes start in the center on the BBS? Way toward the center. That is what elongates them and what makes rthe wheel unique. No one else I know of has this design.

Last edited:
Brylek its a little too busy for me. Too many spokes.

Hey Dave,

How about Wedsports TC105N? They have a similar type of concaved look as those BBS that you want and they are very light.

weds_tc105n.jpg

Hey Dave,

How about Wedsports TC105N? They have a similar type of concaved look as those BBS that you want and they are very light.

weds_tc105n.jpg

Anthony look where the spokes start here:

FI_TI_A_IMG_1590_mccopy1.jpg

WAY into the center. The Weds is just standard. If I change the OEM wheel it has to be something really neat. I have thought about center-locks. Not this style but just to get an idea:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X3cnJgbBoLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These wheels remind me of the FR500 some Mustang owners like to ride on, except the BBS are more exotic looking of course. It is a bummer they only come in 19s...

Ahh - ADV wheels are just WAY overpriced, for what you are getting I think it's just a ripoff.

ADV has (had) a bad rep on several car forums for failing or not coming through on delivery. They do make some good looking wheels.

Back