• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Please Read This Before Buying from SoS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below you will find an e-mail from Chris Wilson of SoS, and my response to it. Basically they had a Type R transmission mainshaft on hold for me (clutch is being redone) and sold it to another customer. I've heard they never had the part but I will not speak to that since I don't accuse w/out proof. Problem is, i've been dealing with them for years and have had problems in the past. I ordered a set of Volk GT-N's from Chris a while back, waited for them, next thing I know sos has the same set for sale on Prime. I call them to inquire about my set, they said that was my set and they sold it to someone else. I asked why, they claimed some type of credit card problem (riiiight). I checked my home and cel call logs and they made no call or e-mail to me regarding any of this despite lying to me and stating they had. When the Advan RS's came out I ordered a set from SoS. Once again dealing with Chris I eventually came to realize I was being fed a line of bull. He said if I ordered them now he already had the exact set and finish on the way so it would only be a few weeks at the most for them to arrive. Knowing how long these wheels can take I bought them. Months and months and months went by, the longest i've ever waited for any set of wheels, and every week they'd give me a solid date for the container to arrive and then on the arrival date give me a new date. After all this, my container finally arrives, and according to SoS my front wheels are the only ones in there and my rears were never made! Now were talking about many more months and sos had no idea when they'd come so they tried to sell me cheap wheels they've been trying to get rid of for the longest time. No go on that, so they refunded my money which literally took days for them to figure out if they had processed my refund or not (had to call back every day), and leaving me once again w/out wheels and having paid finance charges for having wheels on my credit card for months. I ended up buying wheels locally for close to a grand less than what sos wanted, from an authorized volk/rays dealer.

Below is Chris' e-mail....

hi Jon --<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Today, you made several threats against my employee's lives, our families, myself, and our business. I am documenting these details for record.<o:p></o:p>
You called in March 27th and spoke to Jeff (sales manager) requesting for us to hold a mainshaft and flywheel for you to double check these parts were appropriate for your car. <o:p></o:p>
Today, April 3rd, you phoned and spoke to me to place an order for the mainshaft. I took your order and informed you a tracking number would be e-mailed later that day. A half hour later, after finding out that the product had been checked back into inventory and subsequently sold after two days had elapsed, I phoned you leaving a voicemail and e-mailed you requesting a phone call back. After not hearing from you a half hour later, I phoned again leaving a voicemail informing you that we did not have the part due to the time that had elapsed.<o:p></o:p>
Approximately a half hour later, you then phoned in to Bryan (sales person), cursing, demanding he put you on the phone. After he informed you that I was unavailable in the back of the shop, you made a threat against his life if he did not put me on the phone with you. You were transferred to Jeff (sales manager) and despite explaining the situation repeatedly of us not having the part after the week had elapsed, you escalated the personal threats against his life and his family's life.<o:p></o:p>
Several hours later, you phoned back at which time you were transferred to me. You continued threats against our business, my family, and my life.<o:p></o:p>
Again, I apologize for the miscommunication today. However, I do not take threats against my employees, my family's, and my own life lightly. This is unacceptable whether in jest, frustration, or sincerity. I filed a report with the Tempe Police Department detailing our interaction today. I am sorry that I am unable to fill your order and would prefer that you not call our business in the future.<o:p></o:p>
regards,<o:p></o:p>
-- Chris

MY RESPONSE....

I have witnesses to the actual conversation Chris, since I had you on speaker, so don't think you can spout lies and get away with it. This is the third time you defrauded me and took me credit card information without shipping me product.....you are aware of this. In light of that, how can you and your staff treat me with the absolute disdain that I have received? I'M SORRY WOULD BE A GOOD THING TO SAY TO A CUSTOMER THAT YOU JUST SCREWED A THIRD TIME. I explained how badly I needed this part and how much it would cost me to have the car apart on someone's lift without the parts needed to reassemble it, you admitted there were mistakes made on your end including telling me the part was shipping, taking my credit card, and telling me I'll recieve tracking before you left the bldg...when the part was never even there and you admit to this. I just checked with someone who I will leave nameless and it turns out that part was never there to ship to me. That is further fraud, and easily documented. You did charge my credit card the two previous times I never received product and I have complete documentation of this, it would be extremely easy for me to pursue that. You make it sound like I just called up and freaked out and strated screaming, i've dealing with sos for years and there's been no history of that whatsoever. What actually happened was that when I inquired as to the tracking for my mainshaft, I was told straight out that it was sold to someone else even though I had already paid for it. I should have known you were being shady Chris when you wouldn't e-mail me a receipt but just to wait for it attached to the box. An e-mail would have let me know it was mine, but you apparenty intended to pull something shady from the start. Every single person I have relayed this story to, including well respected ppl in the NSX community, were appaled at the way I was treated. The punchline? Chris said to get the mainshaft from Mark Johnson!

As for this whole thing you've made about cursing and so forth (which you've blown way out of proportion), it was your man that started with that, and actually told me to f##k myself and got real nasty with me, I have NEVER seen such psycho behavior...if you want I can sent you a link to a mental health org that might be able to offer some assistance. Every time I tried to speak calmly and resolve the situation, I would just get hung up on. Every time I asked to have a moment to be heard calmly I was hung up on. Over and over again.

THE CONCLUSION - Despite what happened, I told you Chris I would not raise my voice or curse at your employees, and that I would treat them with respect (as I have for ALL these years) as long as they did the same to me, since I don't love getting cursed at or disrescted either (god forbid the customer should be right). You said you wouldn't agree to that, told me to use another vendor, and hung up on me yet again. Chris if you insist on threatening me with bogus police charges, i'll do what I have to do and notify the BBB, Lud, your local commerce org, every single Prime member that would buy a single part from you, and every person within the NSX and S2000 community on every single board what you've done to me, and show them the documentation I have accumulated in regards to this. All you had to do was call me today and tell me there was an error and we could have worked something out (i.e. faster shipping from Japan for the mainshaft, i'm a pretty reasonable guy), instead you let your employees treat me with a great deal of disrespect, and told me this entire situation is my fault, then left me hanging and told me to take my business elsewhere.

Re: Pls Read This Before Buying from SoS!

Jon --

You bring up two transactions and I will respond to each separately. First, your wheel order from two years ago was unfortunate. As I have explained and apologized for, the wheels you ordered were discontinued while we ordered them for you. During this time, we received only the rears. Once we were informed they were discontinued, we refunded you in full. I apologize for this and take fully responsibility - by making more inquiries during the process to our vendor, we could have found out sooner that they had been cancelled.

Secondly, yesterday, April 3rd, you phoned and spoke to me to place an order a NSX-R mainshaft that you said we had on hold for you. I took your order and processed it for shipping - you were not charged at any time. I was then informed by shipping that the mainshaft was not available. You had asked us to hold this part for you a week ago with out an order or payment while you did some research. You were told that we could hold this for you for two days business days. You agreed to this and assured us you would phone back with in two days. We never heard from you, and after this time, the part was returned to inventory and subsequently sold. At no time were you ever charged for this part.

After being informed of this, I phoned you leaving a voicemail and e-mailed you requesting a phone call back. After not hearing from you a half hour later, I phoned again leaving a voicemail informing you that we did not have the mainshaft and to please call back so we could make alternative plans.

Approximately a half hour later, you then phoned in to Bryan (sales person), cursing, demanding he put you on the phone. After he informed you that I was unavailable in the back of the shop, you made a threat against his life ("I will slit your throat if you do not put Chris on the phone"). You were transferred to Jeff (sales manager) and despite explaining the situation repeatedly of us not having the part after the week had elapsed, you escalated the personal threats against his life ("I will fly down there, slit your throats, put a bullet in your heads, and F*&^@ your wives").

Several hours later, you phoned back at which time you were transferred to me. You continued threats against our business, my family, and my life.

At no time did we provoke you with personal threats, threats against your life, your family, or your business.

Let me make this very clear:
1. You asked us to hold parts a week ago.
2. We informed you that we could hold them for 2 business days. You asked us to not charge you for these parts and we did not.
3. You phoned back a week later, I took your order, and within a half hour, made three attempts to contact you to inform you that the items were not available. You were never charged for these parts at any time.
4. You called back with threats against Bryan's life, then Jeff's life, then my life, our families, and our business with no provocation from any of us.

All four of us here were involved in your call on speakerphone while you were making these threats to determine how to best proceed so rest assured this is not some story I or one of my employees concocted.

For anyone else reading this that was not involved in the calls yesterday, I can assure that this is far beyond any customer service issue that we could have addressed. To begin with, there was nothing "shady" or deceptive here. We did exactly what we promised to the customer and made repeated efforts to calm and diffuse the situation. That's a side issue at this point though. We did nothing at any point to deserve having our business, our family, and our lives threatened.

Jon, I hate to loose a long time customer, however, I had to weigh in the safety of my employees. I filed a report with the Tempe Police Department and ask that you please not call again.

regards,
-- Chris

SOS took your credit card information, but didn't charge you anything it seems. And this is bad? :confused:

You sound like a loose canon ready to go off. I think SOS should contact the appropriatee authorities where you live. Who know if you'll go berserk and cause harm to others. Thanks for warning the rest of us. :mad:

You bring up two transactions

I brought up THREE transactions not two, you decided to ignore the issue re: making me wait ~ 6 mos for advans and telling me just the fronts arrived and it would be months more for the rears. Chris you told me you had already ordered them weeks before I called you and that a credit card would secure them as mine. You said they'd be in around a MONTH. Around 5-6 mos later I was still being BS'd every week when you could just tell me the truth and we'd be fine. I'm quite a reasonable guy, actually...but when I am lied to, disrespected, cursed at, and credit card defrauded a couple times I completely have the right to be upset. When I called there to clear it up and was treated like a piece of garbage, told tough luck, and called a liar I think anyone would be further upset. I was told by a VERY respected member of the NSX community today to call you to make sure I was getting that part, that lets me know something was going on. I immediately called you Chris, YOU CONFIRMED THE PART WAS THERE, YOU QUOTED ME ON EVERY METHOD OF SHIPPING, WE CHOSE ONE, I GAVE YOU MY CREDIT CAR, AND YOU SAID YOU'D E-MAIL ME TRACKING BEFORE YOU LEFT THE BUILDING. THAT IS TEXTBOOK FRAUD IF THAT PIECE WAS ALREADY SOLD AND NOT IN STOCK, WHICH YOU HAVE ADMITTED WAS EXACTLY THE CASE. You threaten to get the police involved but I will be glad to dedicate every single moment of my free time documenting what happened here, as well as to the other members you've DONE THIS SAME THING TO who have already PM'd me. All you had to do was to say you would see what you could do to get me another mainshaft, that would have been perfectly acceptable to me....instead you chose the worst possible way to deal with a customer who has been giving you his business for years and has never treated you or your staff with any manner of disrespect. Think about that Chris. You are lying about the mainshaft, plain and simple, and I can prove it if need be, since Larry B was involved in this and I doubt you'll call him a lyar as well.

Lastly, as for the issue you did address (my volks from 2 yrs ago), i've already directed the 'appropriate ppl' to your website and we have you for fraud 100%, no questions asked. You say they were discontinued and only the rears arrived (funny, you said only the fronts arrived on my Advans, is this your M.O?). I've ordered many wheels from Mackin, never had a problem before. Saying only the rears arrived is an outright lie, I know for fact you sold the full set of wheels and can have the IRS review your sales to prove so. There was NEVER any discussion of the wheels being discontinued, they arrived and you sold them to a Prime member. I am so tired of being lied to. Tomorrow I am going to take this case to the next level, and exibit A is below, it is an ad for those very same Volk GT-N's that you claim you never sent me because they were discontinued years ago, yet you are STILL selling them on your website years later, with a price and a note to calculate shipping. That's FRAUD buddy, you cannot advertise a product that you knowingly cannot get, this is fact.

Here's a link to the ad from sos' site, it is still up there as we speak......

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Rays/Volk/gt-series/GT-N/

Discontinued 2 years ago Chris? Sure.

Further proof of your deception Chris, i've only asked that you be honest with me this whole time. Below you will find the link where you sold my exact GT-N's that you claim were discontined and never completed in the first place since they had been discontinued months earlier when I had ordered them. How did you not inform me the set of wheels I just ordered was supposedly discontinued at the exact time I ordered them. I was still waiting months for these wheels thinking they were being made. Low and behold, they show up at your shop and are immediately sold. Below you will find a link to your ad on Prime selling my GT-N's, if you check the date of that ad you will realize that there is no possible explation other than the fact that you are a lyar. Plain and simple. Lying about me now, as you seem to want to do, is only making you look worse in the eyes of those who see what has really ocurred here. Here's the proof for everyone to see...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89122

Mackin also shows these wheels on their site...

http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/gt-n.html

Please Read This Before Buying from SoS!
Okay, I've read it. My question is about the death threats. Did you say those things?

If you did, you lose. Period.

My 92 was the 2nd or 3rd 3.8 conversion that SOS did some18 mo ago. There were some glitches along the way that caused me to be inconvenienced and caused some additional costs, but Chris and SOS always did what it took to make it right.

This is not a perfect world and although even when intentions are good, all business transactions don't always work out like both parties would like them to.

I daily drive a 17 year old car that has been out of production for 4 years and I'm very happy to have Chris and the good folks at SOS to support our community.

Considering what I read about other vendors, I think they do a pretty good job!

Okay, I've read it. My question is about the death threats. Did you say those things?

If you did, you lose. Period.

I agree 100%

In addition, you weren't even charged the money, and even in the situation where you were charged you STILL were refunded the full amount.

Even if a mistake was made, chris was man enough to apologize and give your money back. Which any good business owner should do.

TurboLexus - you seem convinced that fraud occurred. I can see no evidence of this, despite reading your posts several times. :confused: You put a deposit down, and when you changed your mind, you got your money back. Where's the fraud??

Please cite the exact laws and texts from the appropriate jurisdictions that clearly show that fraud occurred.

Your posts here are pretty damning of you as a customer. And for you to go so far in threatening the lives of SOS is suggestive of paranoia and schizophrenia. I plead with you to get professional psychological help and get treated before you harm yourself or others.

UPDATE -

Larry Bastanza, having not even read this thread (he told me so himself), called me today and cancelled doing my clutch job after all this waiting for him, ordering parts from ppl he recommended, and having the transport all set up and booked. I swear on my deceased father (which I never do) that I did not yell, bug out, or curse even a single time. I asked what happened, he said all the parts had to be here before he would take the car in (never said that before to me), I had everything set up but he told me 'rjp' was misreprenting when the mainshaft would arrive even thouth I had arranged expedited shipping and it was arriving a couple days before he was to even receive the car. I told him I understand it's a small shop and he needs everything lined up first, so even though I wasn't thrilled I asked Larry to just set a new date with me, I proposed one week later. He would not book a new date with me and suddenly made it clear he didn't want to do the job regardless of anything, and told me to find someone else to do the job. Larry was nasty as could be, actually realized it and apologized to me, but then proceeded to hang up on me again right after that. Every time I tried to speak to him he would hang up on me, multiple times. I kept telling Larry all I wanted to do was speak like two gentleman and just understand what went wrong and why he wouldn't do the job he commited to, was it because he originally quoted me $2,0000 in labor and I asked him if he might be able to do a little better? He would not let me get a word in, just kept talking over me and refusing to listen to me at all. I literally begged him to just let me speak for a min, he said ok and when I got a couple words in he just talked right over me again and hung up on me again. I will swear on a stack of bibles I was not abrasive, rude, or confrontational with Larry whatsoever (i've actually known the guy for years!!), I just wanted to know what happened but he would not let me speak. I told him I can take a ride up there so we can discuss this in person and get this worked out, he flipped as if I was threatening him. I told him 'Larry you completely misunderstand, I respect you and just want to talk to find out what happened between yesterday and today.' He said I was a loose cannon and he doesn't deal with those ppl, I again repeated I only wanted a moment to find out what he was upset at me over.

A couple other things....Larry implied Chris from SoS was scamming me and that there never was any Type R mainshaft in stock for me. Yesterday he told me to call Chris immediately and give him my credit card for that shaft to ensure it was there. That's what I did, decided shipping method, figured an ETA, done. Low and behold, Chris admits in the above post that he never even checked to see that the shaft was actually in stock, which it was not. Larry then told me he knows 'Kelly's NSX' and can vouch for him and that Kelly has a great deal on the flywheel we need. Days went by with no response from Kelly even though I PM'd him i'd take it no questions asked. Then Larry told me I didn't need sos and that 'rjp' would get me the shaft in time. I've dealt with RJ before, he's fantastic and can get a part ordered from a Japan dealer the day you talk to him. I told him i'd take the shaft and we arrived for EMS shipping with an arrival a day or two before the car was due to be picked up and brought up to Larry. Now today Larry tells me RJ is misrepresenting things to me and won't get the part to us in time, regardless even if that were true (which it's not...ask anyone on Prime how good RJ is), by the time the car was flatbedded up to Larry, put on the lift that is currently occupied, removed the transmission, and taken the trans apart, the shaft would have long arrived. I made it clear to Larry I would pay any expedited shipping to ensure that was the case. His response after that was still about as rude as could be, and he still told me to find someone else to do it.

For the record? Larry told me himself he is doing this EXACT same job on another customer's NSX right now, quite a few Prime members have told me on the phone that might be why he booted me, and also might be where my mainshaft went. Does seem odd that Larry told me he'd need that mainshaft for that other customer's car and now the mainshaft is gone from sos and Larry cancelled my job.

Wow, that's a pretty aggressive post there, and despite what you said you obviously did not read what I posted, at least not carefully. I didn't 'change my mind.' Chris admitted he sold me wheels that were already out of production, and years later they are still for sale on his site, years after being out of production, acccording to him. That's fraud. Textbook. He then sold me another set of wheels which he claimed had already been ordered for his stock and were to be in around a month. After 5 or 6 months of waiting they still hadn't arrived and he told me my container arrived with only the fronts. I checked with the proper channels (Mackin themselves) and was told that I was being lied to. I didn't change my mind, he said I might want to give up and pick another set of wheels, and tried to sell me those nasty chrome wheels he was trying to get rid of. What about six months of having that charge on my credit card? Still had to pay financing for that, I guess you feel you can do that to your customers and it's perfectly ok? Why would I site the exact laws and texts from the jurisdictions for you? Do your own homework...i've already contacted the appropriate ppl and it's clear we may have a case against sos but definitely against Larry B now that i'm finding out certain things as I investigate this. This is not BS, you can respond with all the wisecracks you want. The fact is i've been scammed by quite a few ppl on prime, if I pay someone for a set of wheels and they never send them is that not fraud either? Don't act like it's just me either, just about every friend I have on Prime has been scammed on here (yes, caveat emptor, blah, blah). Oh, and it's not paranoia when Larry says Chris is going to screw me on the mainshaft and he does exactly that. Larry is also now calling rjp a lyar, is that paranoia too? I was in a shop with two other ppl when the whole thing happened, I put it on spkr as soon as Jeff at sos told me to go 'f##k myself' and started telling me I agreed to policies that I had never even heard of.

For the record - this was the first chance I could get to get my clutch fixed, I have a 5 month old daughter who's had constant medical problems since birth, including tearing both of her lungs and having to be chest-tubed. I tried to explain this to Larry, he said...so?

TurboLexus - you seem convinced that fraud occurred. I can see no evidence of this, despite reading your posts several times. :confused: You put a deposit down, and when you changed your mind, you got your money back. Where's the fraud??

Please cite the exact laws and texts from the appropriate jurisdictions that clearly show that fraud occurred.

Your posts here are pretty damning of you as a customer. And for you to go so far in threatening the lives of SOS is suggestive of paranoia and schizophrenia. I plead with you to get professional psychological help and get treated before you harm yourself or others.

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a deposit.

When I was shopping for a Lexus a few years ago, with a rare combination of colors and features, I put down a deposit with the dealer to show my good faith that I was serious about the purchase.

After waiting 3-4 months with no luck for the dealer to acquire the vehicle I wanted, I called the dealer and asked for my deposit back. The dealer promptly processed a refund to my credit card.

Now, was the dealer responsible for the interest / finance charges on my credit for the deposit? NO! It is my responsibility for any finance charges on a deposit.

You seem to imply a dealer / vendor is responsible for interest on your deposit. That is your responsibility, and it certainly is not something you should expect others to pay if you can't afford to pay a deposit with cash or other non-interest bearing instruments.

As to the dealer not being able to delivery on my vehicle, again I can say that no fraud occurred. The dealer promised to try to locate the vehicle I wanted, but the fact they couldn't get it within 3-4 months was outside of their control. They refunded a credit to my credit card which is the important fact here.

Again I can see no evidence of fraud. You keep on talking about Larry Bastanza which further muddles the issue. It seems even Larry is weary of talking with you. It can't be a coincidence that so many reuptable NSX vendors are tired of dealing with you, can it?

I am sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she gets well and stays well soon. That should be your focus. Forget about the NSX and all this drama. You spend so much energy and hatred on here that your family suffers.

Rest assured, no fraud occurred here. Move on, get over it. And get some psychological help or counseling. I implore you, for the sake of your family, especially your young daughter who does not need an out-of-control father.

I've never had a bad experience with SoS
dunno.gif

I just wanted to mention that Mackin has NUMEROUS wheels for sale that are still on THEIR site and have been discontinued for some time... I know b/c they were wheels I wanted that could no longer be bought... I'm not sure how credible or relevant that makes Mackin as your source for wheel shipping information.

Also, I've dealt with SOS several times, to include wanting to buy wheels that turned out to be discontinued. I was treated professionally and courteously, and every attempt was made to find another wheel I wanted. When I finally settled on a set of wheels, it was the Advan T7's, and the only set they had in stock. Chris (or one of his employees) made it crystal clear they'd hold them for two days while I made sure I had funds available. Unfortunately it was more like two weeks before I did, but lucky for me they'd not yet been sold, but i'd not have been mad if they had... as for the wheel I wanted before the Advan, they also pulled that wheel off their site after learning it was d/c'd. As for going and 'checking to make sure it's in stock.' That makes no sense from a business standpoint. If someone had to go look to see if a part was in stock for every single order ever, you'd have to hire guys who did JUST that and why even bother having a computer inventory?

Were you wronged by them? I don't know, I wasn't there, but it doesn't sound like it. It appears Chris admitted fault on the first wheel sale, and the other deal that fell through seems to not be on SOS's shoulders. The things you have said about SOS and their business practice runs counter to every single post on Prime regarding SOS. I seriously doubt people are just 'keeping quiet' about issues with SOS given the anonymity of the net and propensity for people to get on here and post their opinions of Dali Racing.

You however continue to avoid the question of DID YOU THREATEN TO SLIT THEIR THROATS?

Also, having been involved in a few suits against people and businesses in my life, I wish you the best of luck with that, b/c quite simply, given the information you've disclosed on here, no lawyer worth their BAR membership is going to touch it.

It is unfortunate that this has happened to you and I totally understand your situation. Your schedule might be impacted but SOS didn't charge you for anything you didn’t buy. So what's the harm?

SOS has always kept their words when they hold an item for a customer. Many times they have told me that there is one left in stock and they can’t sell it to me because they have it on hold for someone else. I think that's integrity is honorable.

John

They say there are three sides to every story:-your version, his version, with the truth somewhere in the middle.
While you may feel anger and compulsion for retribution and fairness, it is not worth the rage. I run a very substantial business and in this sick economy my vehicle is my escape,my peice of mind and in some cases my soul. So....when things go not as expected with my pride and joy, I feel violated. However, this is when I lose balance. My point...you obviously are a family man, a man of principal,therfore redirect this energy into something that is truly worth your focus...your daughter and not you vehicle.You won't regret this!!!!!!

A few years back I worked for Vividracing and we would get tons of orders for mackin products (volk, rays,g games) where I would take the customers money set an order up thru mackin and 3 weeks later they would email me and say that ; for example the rear wheels are available but the front are 6 months out..!!. The problem is that regardless of what I would say to the customer, he would still think I am an incompetent idiot. People would go on their specific forums (s2ki.com, clublexus, etc) and bash vivid when the real problem would be with the inconsistant distributor. I guess what I'm trying to say is there are alot of variables when it comes to 1. Japanese parts 2. And parts for some reason or another arent in stock and that have to be ordered.

Although I do admit that there was a breakdown in communication between the vendor, SOS, and yourself, I can assure you that chris didn't want things to end up this way and by no means did it intentionally. None of your transactions financially benefited chris OR SOS. Im pretty sure as a business owner chris would rather not refund a customers money, last I checked in order for chris to make money he has to sell products.

I know first hand how it is to be frustrated with a company BUT I've been on both sides of the parts counter and know that this happens occaisionally. Although I'm still somewhat young(30) ive been in some sort of sales/customer service position for the past 11 years (mostly in automotive) and have learned that people will work harder for you when you are understanding. I used to be the person who threatened but learned quickly that it would get me nowhere and the person on the other side of the phone or counter would no longer be willing to help. Exactly what chris did.

I am not here to defend SOS which I had a few thousands of dollars worth of merchandises. I am just dissecting this as a third party based on what I read so far and what I would expect from common delayed transactions. In a civil court, the judges frequently need to determine who is telling the truth by comparing what are consistent with common sense if there are not enough evidents to make a definitive call.

1. Mackin is the biggest flake from my experience. I ordered a set of 18/19 LE37T a few years back through a very reputable local dealer. I was told that my wheels would take 3 months to arrive but it ended up taking 9 months. I thought the dealer goofed initially but I was able to verify my order with Mackin which was just the one stalling on my shipment the whole time. The problem that TurboLexus got was most likely from Mackin which has a terribly outdated website.

2. I bought a Type R transmission from SOS and there was some delay. I was updated by Chris apropriately for all progresses and hiccups.

3. When I buy NSX goodies, I am looking for a happy experiences. I buy from SOS and RJP for their professionalism. I wish Chris' stuffs are as inexpensive as Dali, but I can afford a few dollars difference instead of lowering myself to deal with shady people. I would much rather buy from a store that I KNOW WILL DELIVER than trying a save a few bucks from a dishonest dealer. The lost money and frustrations if the dealer does not ship WILL NEVER be worth the risks. Chris and RJ WILL deliver. In fact, RJ would send me custom JDM stuffs without even a deposit or even payment. My good experiences with SOS certainly do not justify the alleged disservices that TurboLexus claims. The fact is, I have NEVER heard of SOS ripping people off by accepting money and not deliver, or failing to refund if goods are not delivered. Sure, there are posts complaining SOS from dissatisfactions due to differences in expectations and it is just the nature of any business in the world. I don't think, with any reservation, SOS has any intention to take people's money and run unlike you know who.

4. Now as I mentioned before that there was some delay with my TypeR tranny. I called SOS for updates and I get appropriate answers. Throughout the process, Chris and his staff would still want to successfully complete the transaction because they surely welcome the profit. Even if there are ANY long delays, Chris would still hope to eventually deliver the goods and keep the profit. With that understanding, I have not seen paid dealer would just tell that customer to f&*k off. Telling a customer to f#@k off just mean that the dealer will need to either refund or still have to deliver the goods later. Not only the dealer loses out, he will FOREVER LOSE this customer. As an observation for years, everytime there was a complaint of SOS on Prime, Chris will respond and explain the situation. Obviously, Chris is proud and greedy:biggrin: enough not to lose a sale or potential ones. Common sense told me that SOS most likely did not tell Lexus to fu#k off to begin with, but only did that after some insulting/threatening comments were delivered. Yes, I was not there definitively to verify this. But that would be what I would deduct given the common sense of human behaviors.

5. So now TurboLexus most likely will never, ever buy any thing again from SOS. By the same token, SOS have declared that they will never want Lexus' business again. I am sure, knowing Chris, he would never want to lose a sale unless he would deem such customer is too dangerous or pain in the ass to be worth the potential profit. Yup, knowing how much Chris likes his money, deduction tells me that yes, Chris and staff did tell lexus to f@#k off, but only when he and his staff were given some REALLY, REALLY disturbing comments. Of course, I cannot verify if those comments were indeed death threats as Chris' claims since I was not there. I suspect that Lexus' comments to SOS probably were not like Mr. Rogers' but something more like desires to screw their dogs and families, or worse.

6. After reading both sides' writing styles, I certainly have no way to prove
anything. However, I have some ideas of who had more engorged veins
and saliva on his face and who is telling the truth.

Steve

I should have known I was wasting my time posting this. SoS took my credit card THREE SEPARATE TIMES without delivering me product and virtuallly none of you seem to think that's a problem whatsoever. Advertising products on your website that you know you cannot get is 100% fraud (this is the set Chris said was never made, they were made and indeed sold, just not to me, I HAVE THE PROOF, THAT IS FRAUD). How can you think bringing in wheels for a customer and then selling them to someone else is fraud. The reason why ppl aren't posting anything negative about these companies is that they want to keep buying parts from them, but the amount of PM's here and calls on my cel from 'known' ppl in the community who had similar experiences with these ppl confirms it all . As for Larry, I now have proof he is and has been committing tax fraud, have filed the grievance, and he is to be shortly audited. I'm told he'll be out of business most likely, so I apologize to the NE guys for having one less guy to go to, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea, especially fish who want $2,0000 for trans labor.

Oh, as for Mackin? (you may not remember me 'whiteNSXs', but i've purchased product from you, still working great BTW). I too have had many sets of volks and have dealt with all those guys, for years. You have to give them your cheese and just shut up and wait, most ppl don't like doing that, it's understandable but obviously works since they're still in businesss (though maybe not for long if what I hear is true). After I ordered two sets of wheels from sos and never got them after probably a year in total of waiting for both sets (but that's ok with most of you, right?), SoS lied to me and said they forgot to make my rear wheels (confirmed to be not true), I decided to go to NY's other Mackin-recommended distributor, FIZZ. Told them what happened w/ sos and that it had nothing to do with them but that I didn't want to wait 6 mos and not get wheels again. Ordered a set of Volks and dealt directly with the owner, also made it clear to him that I work on some local cars here and was almost ready to get an order in for TE37's for an EvoX and CE28's for an S14 as soon as the customer decided on finish. They told me 1-3 mos for the wheels (this is std as you know, and was placed on my invoice). The owner assured me they were in good w/ Mackin and that they get 99% of their wheels in 2 months. He said I could call Mackin to confirm that, I did and they said it's true. Long story short, we're coming up on 11 weeks now and after what seems like a million calls and e-mails I find out they misunderstood at the factory, already made my wheels, but sold them to a customer in Japan and have to put in a whole new order for a new set to be made, and that wouldn't happen for another 3.5 months, in JULY! So basicaly by the time the container gets through customs and the wheels get to NY i'll have waited a total of about 2 years to get one set of wheels. Think i'm making that one up too? Think I threatened him or something?

WANT MORE???? After being screwed around on all these wheels I bought a set of Volk RE30's from Coz Morotsports he had in stock that had been on his personal car for a very short time. We agreed on a price, shipping, what was included, everything. I called him on his cel right before paypaling him b/c my wife had apparantly called a local place (Precision I believe) and ordered me a set of wheels, feeling bad for what happened. Called Jim and told him, he said no problem, he was going to powdercoat his set of CE28's once the RE30's were sold, so I offered to pay for that or any other misconvencience I caused him. He said he'd done nothing yet so there was no inconvencience so don't worrry about it. When Fizz got wonky with my wheel order I contacted Jim and told him if he still had the wheels i'd take them immediatey. He said that was fine, then tried to raise the price above what we agreed on and wouldn't let me Paypal him even though he had an acct. He went on this whole cursing tirade about the thieves at paypal and that his credit card co. charged him less. I gave him my card and you would think that would be it. While my daughter is in the hospital for a week straight (which Jim knew) I arrive home from the long drive back from the hosp and find the wheels sitting on my stoop. Incredibly no one had tampered with them, and Jim 'sweared' he shipped them with instructions not to be left on my doorstep (since I was at the hosp for 12 hrs on end each day and they would just sit there with that attractive RAYS logo calling out to someone driving by). I open up the wheels, didn't expect centercaps since he said they werent' included, but we were very specific in addressing the inclusion of the hubcentric rings and RAYS valve caps. Both sets were missing, I contacted Jim and he said he'd get them right out. There was no raising of voices, threats, NOTHING like that. Shortly after, I get this e-mail from him...

'I am so done selling parts on prime Not worth dealing with the bullshit.
You buy a set of wheels that are worth XXXX.00 for XXXX.00, which I paid the shipping and credit charges for and you’re going to bust my ass over 15.00 dollars worth of valve stems after jerking me off the first time around ?
Unbelievable.
Whatever dude.
Don’t contact me anymore.'

Then this one...

'And by the way, credit card fees were 66.00 dollars I paid.'

Should I get into Mark Johnson screwing me, or the numerous private prime members that have tried to so so?. I guess i'm still the pscho though, right? I've had over 40 cars and have never ran into so many scam artists and psychos in one place, it's like supraforums :).

In the end, believe what you choose do, I DO have evidence of certain things and one particular person already mentioned here is being prosecuted and having his finances examined with a microscope. Funny how that gentleman won't respond in this thread, though he'll have to deal with the IRS, that I can guarantee.

Do you not think that it's odd that some of the most highly respected vendors and individuals in the NSX community have conspired against you asking for you to simply not contact them anymore? Perhaps it's not them, but you?

That being said, I think your interaction has been shameful at best. Larry committing tax fraud? Give me a break. The IRS or whoever you submitted "grievances" to does not give information out that someone will be "audited and most likely go out of business". To even say that with conviction makes you out to be a visible fool.

Your list in your signature line sounds like the NSX community's all star list. Vasos as in John Vasos? I hope you're kidding.

Do you not think that it's odd that some of the most highly respected vendors and individuals in the NSX community have conspired against you asking for you to simply not contact them anymore? Perhaps it's not them, but you?

That being said, I think your interaction has been shameful at best. Larry committing tax fraud? Give me a break. The IRS or whoever you submitted "grievances" to does not give information out that someone will be "audited and most likely go out of business". To even say that with conviction makes you out to be a visible fool.

Your list in your signature line sounds like the NSX community's all star list. Vasos as in John Vasos? I hope you're kidding.

You can lie and be immature all you like, insult me, you even called me a visible fool, which proves what type of person you are. I have proof for everything i've said, INCLUDING VASOS. If anyone was interested they would ask to see it, not ONE person has (and i'm done trying to convince), and everyone is assuming i'm lying when I have proof that I am not. I'm clearly wasting my time, like I said in another thread i'm obviously not wanted here anymore after years of contribution, because I told the truth, if that's the case I can easily buy something European and move on...

I guess i'm still the pscho though

This is the only accurate statement you have made here on Prime during your entire tirade on these issues.

It is truly amazing that you allow your paranoid psychoses to take over your life to such an incredible extent that you would attempt to denigrate the integrity of long time members who are well known to have excellent reputations for integrity in the community. Not surprisingly, the one common denominator in all your imagined "disputes" IS YOU. How about coming down off of that cross and using the wood to build a bridge to a better future, one in which pharmacological assistance may prove beneficial to your mental well-being.

You must have had your psychoses supercharged because you have gone from zero to fool in under three threads, a new Prime record. Although one might suspect that your future on Prime will consist of echoes in response to any further posts on your behalf, I would imagine that the voices in your head will continue to keep you company.

You have repeatedly physically threatened members AND THEIR FAMILIES and then have the temerity to come on Prime and blatantly lie about your seemingly manic outbursts. Keep it up since a record is being made so don't be surprised if you get a knock on the door one day to find out that the latest bling you will be wearing will be a pair of bracelets that will be worn behind your back.

Bob, I was going to call to discuss your incredible hostility towards me, since you since you gave me your cel # once... but I figured you'd tell ppl I threatened you or something. I'm done with you and your BS threats and immature behaviour, you talk like you are the man and it disgusts me how you can be so condescending and insulting, reading your posts I can see what you're all about. You say the one common demonitor in all my 'imagined' disputes is me...how could I not be in my own dispute? Comon man, give it a rest. As for the other things that are said, if that's true then Prime will make it clear it doesn't believe me and might possibly want me gone for posting a dispute....then I guarantee you my life will go on just the same, you seem more interested in this then I am at this point. End result...you're a typical keyboard toughguy, i'm done wasting time on you b/c guys like you are never so obnoxious to me in person, honorable people give other ppl the benefit of the doubt, especially when they KNOW THEM BOB. You call me a fool and tell me I need psychological assistance, i've done nothing but treat you with respect in my years on prime. Either way, your behaviour towards me and assumptions re: things i've done are just unprofessional and suprising, to be honest. Like I said i'm done with you, but you've now threatened me on these forums so like I said that shows what you're about, you've just completely attacked me without any request for proof despite the fact I keep making it clear I have said proof, I have a perfect history on these forums...but conduct your witchunt as you please, I will not loose a wink of sleep.

BYE

This is the only accurate statement you have made here on Prime during your entire tirade on these issues.

It is truly amazing that you allow your paranoid psychoses to take over your life to such an incredible extent that you would attempt to denigrate the integrity of long time members who are well known to have excellent reputations for integrity in the community. Not surprisingly, the one common denominator in all your imagined "disputes" IS YOU. How about coming down off of that cross and using the wood to build a bridge to a better future, one in which pharmacological assistance may prove beneficial to your mental well-being.

You must have had your psychoses supercharged because you have gone from zero to fool in under three threads, a new Prime record. Although one might suspect that your future on Prime will consist of echoes in response to any further posts on your behalf, I would imagine that the voices in your head will continue to keep you company.

You have repeatedly physically threatened members AND THEIR FAMILIES and then have the temerity to come on Prime and blatantly lie about your seemingly manic outbursts. Keep it up since a record is being made so don't be surprised if you get a knock on the door one day to find out that the latest bling you will be wearing will be a pair of bracelets that will be worn behind your back.

It does not appear there is anything else useful that will come from this thread, so I am closing it.

If any of the directly involved parties have anything else they wish to say here, please contact me and I will unlock the thread so you can reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back