• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Possible move to Germany

If I were to move to Germany for a period of 2 years, would I be able to take my lightly modded (I,H,E,6spd,wheels,springs) NSX with me and register it? Is there a website that explains what needs to be done?

If I were to move to Germany for a period of 2 years, would I be able to take my lightly modded (I,H,E,6spd,wheels,springs) NSX with me and register it? Is there a website that explains what needs to be done?

Hi,
I live in Holland (the BIG little country next to Germany):tongue: :rolleyes:
I am not sure how things in Germany work, but here in Holland when a car is imported from the US by the owner as part of a (semi)permanent move with a stay of minimum 2 years, it can be imported without any import taxes to be paid and can be put on registration without any problems.

Just any legally required vehicle changes must be carried out (here in Holland I think this just means putting on a rear foglight as US car doesn't have one).
As EC law requires EC countries to have similar acceptation of vehicles, I would think Germany should be more or less the same as Holland.

I think you best ask a big US -Germany carshipping company, they must know or know a contact who can tell you for sure:cool:

I wish my job was sending me to Germany....how can I get on that ticket? I speak German too!:cool:

Back