• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your 1/4 mile times.

In my short time drag racing I have realized that the most important part of making a good pass is the 60 foot time, not trap speed. Every 1/10 of a second that you reduce your 60 foot calculates to at least 2/10 of a second at the end. eg. I ran 11.2 @133mph with a 1.82 60 foot and ran a 10.81 @127 with a 1.7 60 foot. When you think about the faster you go the less time you have to get going fast. The fastest posted 60 foot time for an NSX is 1.57 seconds, with that being said lets get out there and figure out how to make our cars launch better as a team and not bash the guys that have a lower mph, after all it is only about 1/4 mile times and mph is not very imprtant. If I run 10.8 @127 and someone else runs 10.99@150 I still win.:wink:

Of course short times matter (on the track), but trap speed tells real story on the street (Not that I street race). Most people aren't racing from digs on the street.

Of course short times matter (on the track), but trap speed tells real story on the street (Not that I street race). Most people aren't racing from digs on the street.
I noticed in your sig that you have a RX7 that runs a 10.01 @119. What is that 60 foot time? I am guessing a 1.4?

I noticed in your sig that you have a RX7 that runs a 10.01 @119. What is that 60 foot time? I am guessing a 1.4?

I sold that RX7. It went 1.39 on that run without the 2 step.

I have only made four 1/4 mile passes and only 2 were worth talking about. At the time I was at 508rwhp/357rwtq 285/35/18 Nitto drag radials. Now the car is making 528rwhp/397rwtq, equipped with 305/35/18 Toyo RA1s and my car weighs 2950 without the driver.

Pass on low boost 440ish rwhp 11psi ran 11.69 @ 120.4 with a 1.733 60ft.
Pass on hi boost 508 rwhp 15psi ran 11.36 @ 126.8 with a 1.779 60 ft.

Definitely had more wheel spin out of the hole on hi boost.

I have only made four 1/4 mile passes and only 2 were worth talking about. At the time I was at 508rwhp/357rwtq 285/35/18 Nitto drag radials. Now the car is making 528rwhp/397rwtq, equipped with 305/35/18 Toyo RA1s and my car weighs 2950 without the driver.

Pass on low boost 440ish rwhp 11psi ran 11.69 @ 120.4 with a 1.733 60ft.
Pass on hi boost 508 rwhp 15psi ran 11.36 @ 126.8 with a 1.779 60 ft.

Definitely had more wheel spin out of the hole on hi boost.

Yeah, your numbers all all over the place. You gained 6 mph from 60 hp! I wish that's all that it took!

Yeah, your numbers all all over the place. You gained 6 mph from 60 hp! I wish that's all that it took!

Interesting response EAC ???

onestepx, Vega$NSX and V8killer all have roughly the same 1/4 mile times, trap speeds with close to the same rwhp.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your response but it seems you doubt our/my results at the track?

Last edited:

onestepx, Vega$NSX and V8killer all have roughly the same 1/4 mile times, trap speeds with close to the same rwhp.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your response but it seems you doubt our/my results at the track?

Hey bud, I'm not doubting anyone. I'm just pointing out there seems to be alot of variables with NSX's.

I created a list in the Original Post :biggrin:

Last edited:
Eac just wondering since you started this thread where is your 1/4 mile times since you seem to know a-lot about all these calculations & driver error etc. but we haven't seen your #s so we can compare with ours ?You said my mph was slow at 127 but if I look at Mr Boso car with 600 plus hp running 127 mph as well where does that put him with over 50 more hp my issue was traction in 1 st gear.This was also my 1 st time out to the track since the car was at this power level next time out I will be in the 10s for sure.Lets not forget that weather conditions play a big factor as well.

Last edited:
Eac just wondering since you started this thread where is your 1/4 mile times since you seem to know a-lot about all these calculations & driver error etc. but we haven't seen your #s so we can compare with ours ?You said my mph was slow at 127 but if I look at Mr Boso car with 600 plus hp running 127 mph as well where does that put him with over 50 more hp my issue was traction in 1 st gear.This was also my 1 st time out to the track since the car was at this power level next time out I will be in the 10s for sure.Lets not forget that weather conditions play a big factor as well.

Relax buddy, I'm not calling anyone out. I'm just a guy who's been drag racing for a very long time, and right now; just a guy scratching his head trying to make sense of these numbers. Sorry if I sounded like I was calling anyone out. I'll have mine out this spring/summer.

Here's the one thing I've learned in just observing drag times and HP numbers over the years. There are too many factors involved to really draw any hard conclusions relating 1/4 times and trap speeds to HP etc.

Track conditions, altitude, weather conditions, tires, driver's skill, weight, launch etc. Even simple things, like suspension and weight distribution can slightly skew results.

I found that cars that traditionally get high 10's in Southern Cal, will break into the 11's here in Vegas; all things being held equal. Perhaps it's the altitude, maybe it's the track, but really I wouldn't put too much weight/value into 1/4 mile times and trap speeds.

I know you want FI cars but I can't let this thread go by without directing to this guy who has some great times with his NA2.
DSWARTZ

little off topic, what size turboes is everyone running, trying to get an idea for an upgrade, im running a 60-1 on 12lbs pushing 480hp and 400tq fastest time was a 11.87 on street tires

little off topic, what size turboes is everyone running, trying to get an idea for an upgrade, im running a 60-1 on 12lbs pushing 480hp and 400tq fastest time was a 11.87 on street tires

Are you on the stock motor?

What was your trap speed?

Last edited:
126 mph with 480 whp? :eek:

This sounds correct as when I run my car on the street tune(500 hp) The best I have run is 11.6 at 126 mph. The only difference seems to be 4-5 mph and .75 seconds faster 1/4 mile times on the race tune. So in summary 600 hp=10.81@130 and 500hp=11.60@126mph. Both passes were made on drag radials. FYI both of these passes were made on my old tune and have not been able to get to the track again with new tune,but will post as soon as I go.

Last edited:
I don't know how this would translate to ET times, but turbo sizing has different results on boost psi and spool.

For example:

I have a simple 67mm journal bearing turbo. I am at like 1psi at 3000 rpm's and 4200 about 7psi.

Some other members that run precision turbo's or twin turbo motors are hitting 7-8psi at 3500.

I have seen examples of dyno sheets that the smaller turbos that run out of steam over 6k rpm's and boost drops from peak of 8 down to 6 by redline.

My issue with launch is if I rev to 5500+ and dump the clutch I stay on boost and spin the tires. At 4000 rpm launch I fall off boost. Even with 400rwhp I trapped 120 several times. Unfortunately I am an idiot sometimes and while watching my boost, afr gauge, the guy lined up next to me I missed my 1-2 or 2-3 shift probably knocking off 1/2 second.

The advantage of a 58mm turbo is it probably is on 3-5psi at 3000 so you never really fall of boost or bog down on the line.

I also don't know wheather to rev it to 8200 in 3rd or shift at 7800 into 4th. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this particular question because I think 3rd gear redlines in the high 110-115mph area. I run 17/18 street tires.

Please don't take this as me not liking my turbo, in fact I like a small amount of lag because when boost comes on its like crazy.

I don't know how this would translate to ET times, but turbo sizing has different results on boost psi and spool.

For example:

I have a simple 67mm journal bearing turbo. I am at like 1psi at 3000 rpm's and 4200 about 7psi.

Some other members that run precision turbo's or twin turbo motors are hitting 7-8psi at 3500.

I have seen examples of dyno sheets that the smaller turbos that run out of steam over 6k rpm's and boost drops from peak of 8 down to 6 by redline.

My issue with launch is if I rev to 5500+ and dump the clutch I stay on boost and spin the tires. At 4000 rpm launch I fall off boost. Even with 400rwhp I trapped 120 several times. Unfortunately I am an idiot sometimes and while watching my boost, afr gauge, the guy lined up next to me I missed my 1-2 or 2-3 shift probably knocking off 1/2 second.

The advantage of a 58mm turbo is it probably is on 3-5psi at 3000 so you never really fall of boost or bog down on the line.

I also don't know wheather to rev it to 8200 in 3rd or shift at 7800 into 4th. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this particular question because I think 3rd gear redlines in the high 110-115mph area. I run 17/18 street tires.

Please don't take this as me not liking my turbo, in fact I like a small amount of lag because when boost comes on its like crazy.

It's almost always advisable to stay in the lowest gear possible but it truly depends on your torque and power curves, along with the specific gearbox. What would most likely be ideal is if you could rev out to 8600rpm and stay in third gear.

For example:

1) do you have a standalone or a piggyback computer. 2) if it is a standalone does it have a two step?

Back