• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your 1/4 mile times.

Do you have plans for the 9's?!:biggrin:
it would be unlikely to run in the 9s. If you do all the rules change,ie you must have a full cage,nhra drivers license,hoops on the halfshafts and the list goes on. I do not want to push the motor much more as it is still the stock motor internally.

it would be unlikely to run in the 9s. If you do all the rules change,ie you must have a full cage,nhra drivers license,hoops on the halfshafts and the list goes on. I do not want to push the motor much more as it is still the stock motor internally.

Yeah, It is alot of work. What is the world fastest nsx in the 1/4? I think costa still holds the record for the fastest NA correct? Has there been a 9 second NSX?

Yeah, It is alot of work. What is the world fastest nsx in the 1/4? I think costa still holds the record for the fastest NA correct? Has there been a 9 second NSX?
from the search that I have done 10.39 is the fastest stock motored nsx or street nsx. I know that FXMD has run faster but that is purely a race car. I do not know of any faster than 10.39 but I am sure that costa will post a faster time soon. :wink:

Congrats on the new numbers. I had no doubt you'd get there since you really only gained more usable power in the modifications you did.

As for the fastest 1/4 NSX, it's really hard say since the definition of an NSX really get's blurred as you modify it. Adam Saruwatari has a 7 sec NSX, but really it's only an "NSX" in name only. Factor X and a few other guys have broken into the 9's but they are stripped down race cars. When does an NSX no longer become an NSX? Does it need to be street legal? Would forced induction be too much of a modification so a N/A NSX the only true NSX? Or does any modification disqualify? Too many variables for there to even be a relevant answer to that question.

Congrats on the new numbers. I had no doubt you'd get there since you really only gained more usable power in the modifications you did.

As for the fastest 1/4 NSX, it's really hard say since the definition of an NSX really get's blurred as you modify it. Adam Saruwatari has a 7 sec NSX, but really it's only an "NSX" in name only. Factor X and a few other guys have broken into the 9's but they are stripped down race cars. When does an NSX no longer become an NSX? Does it need to be street legal? Would forced induction be too much of a modification so a N/A NSX the only true NSX? Or does any modification disqualify? Too many variables for there to even be a relevant answer to that question.

IMO 1) modified street (stock running gear) street legal and driven on the street 2) Race car (anything goes) not street legal or driven on the street

Took the nsx out to Infineon on wed...

549992_10150771175280358_646835357_12006495_970750475_n.jpg

First drag strip visit since 2006. First drag launch ever in NSX. I wasn't sure the quarter was over so I hit the brakes. Oops.

527597_10150771178670358_646835357_12006516_62928648_n.jpg

Second pass ends up being the fastest of the night. Decent 60' time. Just gotta get better reaction time then I'll be ready to bracket!

533847_10150771234600358_646835357_12006708_1740832453_n.jpg

3rd run I went wot a touch early and it had some spin.

4th run 2nd gear wanted to grind so i had to baby the shifting. 12.9... 5th run i stalled at launch trying too hard to not spin it, oops. fired it backed up right away and ran a 14.8 @ 114.x haha. at least i got best mph of the day with this failed run.

car dynoed at 368 whp ctsc 7 psi on dynojet 248c few weeks ago. 255/40/17 dunlop start specs at some 45 psi or so i didn't bother to check. next time i'll probably lower it to like 30 psi or something for slightly better grip...

Last edited:
new times as of march 31 2012.
10.7 seconds 1/4 mile
1.67 60 foot
131.39 mph.
Congrats to Chris at SOS for winning the Tuner Shootout

I'd update the OP, but it won't let me edit it. :frown:

Hey Guys already started on the Custom Turbo kit going with a Precision 6766 Ball Bearing turbo .I was actually wondering the same question as to who has the worlds fastest 1/4 mile time.We plan on hopefully breaking that # on the first time out to the track my mechanic is almost guaranteeing we should brake into the 9s .This is in a daily driver not full race car

Hey Guys already started on the Custom Turbo kit going with a Precision 6766 Ball Bearing turbo .I was actually wondering the same question as to who has the worlds fastest 1/4 mile time.We plan on hopefully breaking that # on the first time out to the track my mechanic is almost guaranteeing we should brake into the 9s .This is in a daily driver not full race car

Keep us posted and Good luck

Hi all,

been a while since I have been on but I would like to be on the list.

10.39 @ 138
1.56 60ft
614 RWHP

HP Performance turbo system w/67mm bb turbo, SPEC 3 and everything else was bone stock. Video is below, hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFOAoSj8-0

Hi all,

been a while since I have been on but I would like to be on the list.

10.39 @ 138
1.56 60ft
614 RWHP

HP Performance turbo system w/67mm bb turbo, SPEC 3 and everything else was bone stock. Video is below, hope the link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFOAoSj8-0

nice...so 614whp with stock motor????? that is impresive

nice...so 614whp with stock motor????? that is impresive

Yes, That was with the stock motor with a lot of miles. We put that motor through heck. Honda Rocks!!!

Yes, That was with the stock motor with a lot of miles. We put that motor through heck. Honda Rocks!!!

I'm pretty sure everyone thought you had broken your motor since you stopped coming here. Is thatt he same motor?

Can you post more info on your setup? What type of fuel? Injectors? Fuel Pump? Etc etc etc...

Unopened motor? No Aftermarket headgasket or head bolts?

Last edited:
That run was with the stock motor. Since then, the head gasket did finally give out and we rebuilt the motor with aftermarket parts. When we took the motor apart, it was in surprisingly good condition. I got married a while back and have not had the car out to the track in a long time (never with the new motor).

The car was:
100% stock motor (factory head gaskets and bolts)
HP Performance Turbo Kit with 67 ball bearing turbo
Walbro 255 pump
I think the injectors are RC 750cc???

No big secret to how I ran that fast, just a boat-load of tuning to make sure that the car was running safely.
Now give me the top of the list before someone takes it away from me!:biggrin:

Back