• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your NSX artwork here

Bruce's post reminded me of a drawing I did a long time ago. This was long before I owned my NSX (but as you can tell I adored them even then), and I used a stock press photo for my model. I'm sure there are lots of forum members with far more artistic talent who have created NSX-related art (hint: scNSXgirl) -- please post them here so we can all appreciate your work!

I used to doodle quite a bit in my younger years, I even contemplated going to graphics design school for a while. Here are some additional drawings I did, for your amusement:

Drawing 1 - one of my favorite cars, and the reason I used a lion (instead of a bull) is because it was our school mascot.

Drawing 2 - Anyone remember the Portofino?

Drawing 3 - Experimentation with crayons. I saw this pic on the cover of a Time magazine, I believe, and liked it.

Drawing 4 - This one's for you, Neo. It was featured years ago in Popular Science as a futuristic transport designed by some auto design school student.

Attachments

• phoen$x_nsx.jpg
    phoen$x_nsx.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 812
Great job! I suck at drawing cars! You need erase those stock wheels and throw some 18's on there :) Maybe some mods :)

Phoen$x, you are very talented, the detail work in the lions head is excellent. Thanks for sharing.

NeoNSX said:
That's really impressive work <B>Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT></B>... i totally love the Neosis (what is it? :p )

Is this NEOSIS going backwords or forwards?

S2K2NSX said:
is that sketch supposed to be a black roof Targa? :confused: :D

No I don't think so. My black roof Coupe looks exactly like that. If yo are talking about the hard line toward the back of the roof the Coupes do have that. It is a crease line that runs along the top.

The sketch looks very nice.:D

Thanks for the compliments. I think I did most of the drawings in 1990, during my senior year in High School. My Dad is a self taught artist, so I doodled a lot when I lived at home :). Naturally I would draw cars, one of my favorite subjects :D.

Neo: I think the Neosis must be the year 2200 NSX! :p

TucAZNSX said:
Wow K - Those are great! I have the artistic ability of an elephant. :p

Like this one?

japatee.jpg

http://www.elephantartgallery.com/japatee.htm

Nice work indeed......do you also draw female figures? what would a futuristic hot import model look like?:D

TucAZNSX said:
I have the artistic ability of an elephant. :p
Don't be so modest, H! I know of a die-hard photographer who will go to any lengths for a good shot! (BTW, I'm still waiting for those scenic NSXPO photos, I hope to see them soon! ;))
Blue Knight said:
do you also draw female figures?
No, as you can see from the Portofino pic I suck at drawing human figures. My Dad is a talented figure painter, but I can only do sheet metal. ;)

PHOEN$X said:
(BTW, I'm still waiting for those scenic NSXPO photos, I hope to see them soon! ;))

I know I have really procrastinated on this. I will try to get them finished before the holiday party. Until then, here is a teaser.

Attachments

• nsxpo teaser copy.jpg
    nsxpo teaser copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 378
Blue Knight said:
Nice work indeed......do you also draw female figures? what would a futuristic hot import model look like?:D

hehehe... trust Blue Knight to ask that. :D

<B>Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT></B> does fantastic female portraits, but you can't post nudes on NSXPrime. :D :D :D rofl...rofl...rofl... :p

Here is a picture of last years winter project. I was actually inspired by the aluminum sign for sale on ebay. It is made out of pine, sanded, primed, & painted. The paint is the actual matched colors from 91.

John

Attachments

• picture 025_small.jpg
    picture 025_small.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 232
Very nice, John! That Acura emblem looks perfect!

I noticed we both have mechanical engineering backgrounds, but my machine shop work was really shoddy!

Thanks PHOEN$X. It took a lot more time than I thought it would. I do like the way it came out. Here is a picture after the parts were primed.

Attachments

• picture 024_small.jpg
    picture 024_small.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 221
Back