• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your Truck and trailer setups

i ended up ordering a 18' kaufman open trailer today, a friend put together a group buy at a pretty good price so it was an easy decision. i figure i can always step up to a closed trailer if the need arises.

Turning talk into action is what counts. Congratulations! Be safe out there!

i ended up ordering a 18' kaufman open trailer today, a friend put together a group buy at a pretty good price so it was an easy decision. i figure i can always step up to a closed trailer if the need arises.

Congrats! Now my old baby can rest traveling to and from the track! :tongue:

We're waiting for the announcement... :biggrin:

I was so excited to talk about trucks and trailers that I forgot! I suppose I'll post something in the Chicago section.

Honda FTW!

l_6d2be1a75453036712713fb57840410c.jpg

l_8b22a65e1d8c89f999988ac84cb8ea3a.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I use to get back and forth to the track most of the time. I purchased it a few years ago. Really does make it nice to be able to haul multiple cars, golf carts, etc and have a place to hang out.

1208071050.jpg

Sweet setup Ben! Do you have an enclosure for the rig or just leave it out 'on campus"?

This is what I use to get back and forth to the track most of the time. I purchased it a few years ago. Really does make it nice to be able to haul multiple cars, golf carts, etc and have a place to hang out.

1208071050.jpg

I hate you Ben!!!:eek: just kidding

Sweet set up

Far cry from the Hummer

But what happen to the F650?

Ben

Let's go to NSXPO with that rig next year if it's in Vegas.
Seriously

Based on Mark Bartlett's recommendation, I picked up a Texas Rollback trailer. It works great. Very low NSX with low bumper can drive right on. Mark - you still out there touring the nation's tracks?

Cheers,
-- Chris

Attachments

• DSC_0123copy.jpg
    DSC_0123copy.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 209
I asked the same question a while back about Mark,sadly I was told he had moved on from tracking the nsx.

Tow vehicle is 1999 Suburban K2500 with a 454. Trailer is 24' Haulmark. Trailer has 110V wiring, plumbed for air, winch, cabinets, and diamond tread plates.

Attachments

• seansrig.jpg
    seansrig.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 74
  • seansrig1.jpg
    seansrig1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 77
My setup:
Pick Up Mazda BT-50. 2.5i Turbo Diesel. 143PS and 330nm. With Chiptuning it will have 430nm and 170PS (I will do the tuning later this month). RWD or 4WD normal speed or 4WD with short gearing. MP3 6 CD changer, seat heating, 5 speed manual shifter.

Allowed to tow a maximum trailer weight of 3 tons (6600lbs). 1 ton (2200lbs) maximum load on Pick up. My Trailer, brand Fitzel has a maximum load of 2 tons (4400lbs). The weight of the trailer is about 350kg (770lbs) - full aluminium trailer. So I can hook up a car with about 1650kg (3630lbs).

average fuel consumption: 13 litre on highway with an speed of 130-140kmh (80-87 mph) with trailer and car on it. Thats about 3.45 gallons for 62 miles. Thats about 18 miles per gallon??? Is that correct calculated? That is pretty good compared to your heavy V8 engines I guess. If I would drive just 50 mph, which is the maximum allowed speed with heavy trailer I would have an fuel consuption of about 10 litre per 100km = 2,65 gal for 62 miles = 23,4 miles per gallon

phoca_thumb_l_DSC06259.jpg

Lucky! I can only wish and pray we'd be able to get a smaller size truck with a modern turbo diesel here in America some day.

I basically would need a trailer to store my NSX in the yard, off the ground. I also own an Acura MDX. Does anyone currently have an MDX and a trailer to pull the NSX? If not, any recommendations for a lightweight trailer to use, maybe even a shop in the NY/NJ/CT area.

I wont be towing cross country but some local trips only.

Back