• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Powdercoating valve covers in San Diego area?

Im looking for a shop locally in San diego area to powder coat my valve covers and intake manifold cover. Any Ideas? Or know of someone with them for sale would be nice too. I purchased them from SOS but they are delayed until mid September and I really need to start my maintance now.

E man knows a place in la I think. I was thinking of powder coating the wheels on my car from the place. He somewhere in SoCal section. Check the last drive for his actual name e-man or something like that.

Another option is to use wrinkle spray paint from VHT. I used the wrinkle red spray can, and I think the valve covers turned out amazing. I've had it on for over 4 years and there is no signs of flaking or chipping.

For a perfect wrinkle effect, the trick is to use a heat gun after applying the paint. Pick up a heat gun from harbor freight for ~$15.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for all the suggestions. Ended up Taking them to powder1 in San Diego. Turned out great and only payed $100 for all my pieces.

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 66
Back