• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power Enterprise Super Kevlar II Timing belt!

POWER ENTERPRISE SUPER KEVLAR II TIMING BELT

timingbelt-upimage.jpg

Hello fellow Primers!

I want to introduce an awesome product from Power Enterprise. I originally used and sold Power Enterprise Kevlar timing belts in 2001 to the B-series and H-series guys. It was a hot seller and offered stretch resistance and extra durability over the stock belt. It's even more important if you have aftermarket springs and camshafts. I personally used the Kevlar belt on my H22a race engine with excellent results and now I want to offer them to the NSX community. I talked to Power Enterprise and decided to purchase their supply of NSX Kevlar timing belts. I have a small supply of belts so first come first serve. This will be great for the guys out there looking for extra durability and longevity over the OEM belt. If you are planning to do a timing belt change soon why not upgrade? This could be the last timing belt you will ever need for your NSX! :smile:

INFORMATION

timing_belt-1.jpg

All Power Enterprise belts are made in JAPAN. Power Enterprise is the pioneer of Kevlar timing belt. The KEVLAR timing belt was originally developed and patented by Power Enterprise. Since 1997 the Power Kevlar belts are used by WRC and JGTC teams.

According to Power Enterprise The Kevlar II Timing belts are
-700+% more durable then the stock timing belt.
-Zero stretching.
-No tooth damage nor stretch on a Full Load simulated 120,000 mile test.
-Heat resistant and superior flexibility to suppress unwanted oscillations.
-The only belts in the world that exceed stock quality.

teartest.jpg

toothtest.jpg

INTRODUCTION SPECIAL
- I am offering the timing belts with free shipping in the continental US!
- $208 shipped
- I accept paypal, google checkout, or money order
- Please PM me to order. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited:
If you are planning to do a timing belt change soon why not upgrade? This could be the last timing belt you will ever need for your NSX! :smile:

Is this a promise?
What happens if you do decide to buy this belt and run over on the suggested time/mileage recommendation Honda says and the belts breaks. Is this company going to spring for a new engine or pay for it to be rebuilt?
If not, what would be the advantage for the average owner to purchase this?
I'm sure it is a good product but just because race teams use it doesn't really carry over to the general public. If they use it and it breaks, they aren't the ones having to foot the bill for the repair.
Many race teams use parts that are good for one race because they get so abused in that time that they aren't worth anything after that.
Good luck in selling the product though.:smile:

Is this a promise?
What happens if you do decide to buy this belt and run over on the suggested time/mileage recommendation Honda says and the belts breaks. Is this company going to spring for a new engine or pay for it to be rebuilt?
If not, what would be the advantage for the average owner to purchase this?
I'm sure it is a good product but just because race teams use it doesn't really carry over to the general public. If they use it and it breaks, they aren't the ones having to foot the bill for the repair.
Many race teams use parts that are good for one race because they get so abused in that time that they aren't worth anything after that.
Good luck in selling the product though.:smile:

I said it COULD be the last belt you use.:smile: Did I make a promise anywhere? Let me ask you this... Will Honda fit the bill of all the premature OEM belts damage that have broken over the years for all of their cars not under the original warranty? Anything on your car will wear including your chassis. Somethings are meant to last longer then others and this belt will last very long. It is up to you if you wish to change it. If the belt shows no wear or cracks it should last for awhile. I used my Power Enterprise belt for years on my race engine with no problems. It was able to handle the stiff valve springs and large cams I was running on my 2.6 liter H22A engine. The OEM belt I previously used started to show wear on the belt tooth causing it to skip and it ended up causing me to bend all 16 of my SS valves. The Power Enterprise worked for my other motor so I have faith in their quality. They have been used on many B and H series street engines as well not only race teams. Power Enterprise do say the belts exceed OEM quality and the belts are not only stronger they will last longer due to the kevlar construction. I CAN promise you this is a really high quality product!
If you are planning to do a timing belt service the Power Enterprise Kevlar belt is nice insurance (peace of mind) to have and they cost just a little more then stock :smile:

Last edited:
I said it COULD be the last belt you use.:smile:

I have a timing belt change coming up in the foreseeable future. If this belt allows me to lengthen the change intervals from the 6 years/90,000 miles Honda recommends with the stock belt, a higher parts cost would be money well spent. I can't remember ever hearing of a stock NSX timing belt breaking or skipping a tooth within the recommended change interval even in engines with bigger cams and stiffer springs. Can you? What change interval do you recommend for the Power Enterprise belt?

Edit:
According to Power Enterprise The Kevlar II Timing belts are
-The only belts in the world that exceed stock quality.

I thought Toda timing belts were also supposed to be better than stock. Do you know what makes the Toda belts worse than stock and Power Enterprise better than Toda?

Last edited:
I had used the belt (version 1) not long ago. I had no problem using it and had it on the car about 70K miles before I change to oem.

I have a timing belt change coming up in the foreseeable future. If this belt allows me to lengthen the change intervals from the 6 years/90,000 miles Honda recommends with the stock belt, a higher parts cost would be money well spent. I can't remember ever hearing of a stock NSX timing belt breaking or skipping a tooth within the recommended change interval even in engines with bigger cams and stiffer springs. Can you? What change interval do you recommend for the Power Enterprise belt?

Most of the belts I've seen breaking have been on B-series and H-series. They were using the OEM Honda belt as well. If the motor is pretty much stock then OEM should be fine. The Power Enterprise is nice to have if you are making more horsepower or running stiffer springs and larger camshafts. If you do a search many people had problems with the TODA cam/springs combination on the B-series. The Toda belt helped prevent premature wear.

I thought Toda timing belts were also supposed to be better than stock. Do you know what makes the Toda belts worse than stock and Power Enterprise better than Toda?

The Toda belt is strong then the the OEM belt. Their construction design makes it superior to the stock belt. Power Enterprise/Toda get their belts from the same manufacturer in Japan. I believe the Toda belt's are the older version 1 belts which have been improved with the Super Kevlar II belts. Power enterprise is also the only company that assisted in the research and development of the belts.

I had used the belt (version 1) not long ago. I had no problem using it and had it on the car about 70K miles before I change to oem.

Thanks for your input. I also used the version 1 on my H22a engines with no problems. I'm not sure if you remember but the belt quality looked great.

6 years is a very, very conservative recommendation of Honda. I don't think it's not too high a risk to drive it 10 years if you drive something like 6k miles per year IF you change the waterpump and the tensioner as well! The highest risk of a broken TB are broken waterpumps or tensioners not the TB itself. We did the TB/WP/LMA on my car last weekend (with pulling the engine) and found a bad waterpump as the motherf*ckers didn't change it 7 years ago as promissed. Personally I would mount a new OEM TB because it only costs a very small fraction of the hole job.

I agree with goldNSX, the waterpump and tensioner will need to be changed out at least by the 6 year/ 90.000mile recommendation. If not you will see problems. I know i'll be changing out my waterpump before the Honda recommendation just for peace of mind. The OEM belt cost anywhere from $145 to 165 depending on who you get it from so $208 shipped isn't too much to spend for extra insurance. :smile:

True. My mechanic said the belt could still be used but we replaced it according to the interval recommended by Honda for oem belt.
Thanks for your input. I also used the version 1 on my H22a engines with no problems. I'm not sure if you remember but the belt quality looked great.

I know this is an old thread.. but how has folks experience been with this?
Also - Toda is well respected with the NSX. Seems like the specs are similar. Why would I go for this over the Today? I know Today is a little bit, but not much more expensive these days.

Thanks for any insight!

Back