• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power Steering Rack Rebuild - Part 1 of 3

After a good cleaning....looks like were ready to get started. Thanks Valhalla for trusting me with this. I wont let you down.

before the cleaning
DSC04373.jpg

After (yes, I realized that I looked like I was getting into the Christmas spirit early....fixed)

DSC04385.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

DSC04390.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

DSC04395.jpg

Here we go :eek::cool::biggrin:

90% sure we found your problem keeping it from functioning. We definitely found a problem. We also found some slack. We are replacing your bearings and we are addressing a few other issues. You'll receive a detailed PM with lots of pics tomorrow with the diagnosis. If you want to call me tonight, feel free.

Last edited:
You found the issue already? Wow. Too late to call so I'll just wait on pins and needles for the PM and pics. Very exciting stuff. Thanks.

Thanks. Where else can you get it rebuilt and actually tested on an NSX for a real gaurantee? :) thanks for following.
It's well deserved praise. Just hope you go easy on us on the pricing. It's the rich guys driving the 02+ that have the money! Not the broke guys driving the 91 with the worn out steering racks lol :biggrin:

Add Me Too... as a satisfied EPS rebuild customer..

Just this past month I had my EPS rebuilt by "d1 guy" ... They did a great job and my 94 NSX power steering is as good as new... great work at a reasonable price. thanks!

brian

I found a place in SoCal who rebuilds the majority of all the used steering racks in the country. Problem was they don't repair these racks either as they are sealed units. And they wouldn't offer a warranty on any used rack they would sell me. All other racks they sell, they guarantee 100%.

Hey super old post but can you let me know which place in Socal rebuild most of power steering racks in the country? Looking to get my hydraulic rack rebuild for another vehicle but want to find a good local place to LA/OC/SD to repair it. Just a leaking seal...

Amazing thread, I hope everything worked out for you. I have one question, is it safe to drive the car with the EPS system turned off? I'm looking at a 1997 model where the owner has disclosed EPS failures, and he drives with it off (describes it the same as manual steering). Thank you!

I used to pull the clock fuse to deactivate the eps on my 96 for track events back in the day...no issues....but I'm excited to get my car back and enjoy my rebuilt rack from D1 guy...:cool:

Amazing thread, I hope everything worked out for you. I have one question, is it safe to drive the car with the EPS system turned off? I'm looking at a 1997 model where the owner has disclosed EPS failures, and he drives with it off (describes it the same as manual steering). Thank you!
Yes, it is safe. The EPS rack is only activated under about 20mph anyway. I can't exactly remember exactly at what speed but it's basically only on for parking lot assist and the like.

Electric Power Steering repairs

I am in Australia and have an NA1 '94 model NSX which has a faulty EPS unit. I have tracked down nsxrackrepair in Bonneville MS, does anyone know what the work is like from this operation?

They work by core exchange...are you rhd?

I am in Australia and have an NA1 '94 model NSX which has a faulty EPS unit. I have tracked down nsxrackrepair in Bonneville MS, does anyone know what the work is like from this operation?

NSXrack repair is amazing work and 100% trustworthy.

They have rebuilt several EPS racks for me (customers) and my own manual rack.

Couldn’t recommend them higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back