• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Power Windows and Mirrors stopped working

I posted this in the DIY section and did not get any responses. Thought I would try it here and see if anyone had any ideas.
Thank you,
Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night while driving all of a sudden my power windows and mirrors stopped working. When i got home and hit the alarm (aftermarket Viper) I noticed it engaged the factory alarm, this had never happened before. My aftermarket alarm now turns the factory alarm off and on. Everything else works normally (AC, clock, radio etc.) The cars starts and drives normally, but the windows and mirrors do not operate at all. I have done a search and have read about similar issues, but nothing the same. I left the hood open as not to engage the factory alarm while arming and unarming my aftermarket, but this did not impact the window/mirror issue. I also checked the power window fuses and they all are good. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by SPRCHGDNSX : 10-29-2007 at 18:34.

Sounds like a grounding problem. Check G401-G402

I looked in the manual and it said G401 is located by the fuse box under the dash and G402 is under the right kick panel, I could not find them....is there a picture anyhwere of where I need to be looking? Thank you for your help.

Yes, if you have the manual page 23-31 and 23-33 show what they look like (in the circles). You might also check the connections to the switch panel on the drivers door to make sure they are good.

Does the passenger window work from the passenger switch? Have you done any work on the car lately? The aftermarket alarm is going to make troubleshooting harder. It could be something wrong with alarm that is causing the other problems.

Thank you for the advice Comtec, it looks like it was a grounding issue. Was not able to get to G401, the fuse box is near impossible to take off. As working on it, we started getting a ground, could be we a broken wire or when we banged on the ground it connected. Everything is working now, and we will see how long it last. If they stop again, I know where to look.

Chris/Bryan, thanks for all the help working on it, I really appreciate it.

Back