• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

PPI Recommendation around Tempe, AZ?

Take it to a dealer

Earlier car, the important thing to do:

Leak down test and T-Belt/Water Pump.

Every thing else you can inspect visually.

dealer is good, however, a specialty shop like science of speed or contacting mark basch would probably be better, as they are experts in the field while dealers not so much.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com

or PM nsxtech (mark basch) on this site or call his office is 480 968 8010

Last edited:
Take it to a dealer

Earlier car, the important thing to do:

Leak down test and T-Belt/Water Pump.

Every thing else you can inspect visually.

dealer is good, however, a specialty shop like science of speed or contacting mark basch would probably be better, as they are experts in the field while dealers not so much.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com

or PM nsxtech (mark basch) on this site or call his office is 480 968 8010

Thank you

while it's no guarantee against future success, I can vouch for the service I've received by SOS as well as Mark Basch. I hope to add aap to the list as well, but at the moment am satisfied with the service i've received from both parties thus far.

regarding price (issue brought up earlier i.e. sos) isn't the price usually spelled out ahead of time? if you don't want a service because it's too expensive, go elsewhere.

Me too.....:wink:

I hope to add aap to the list as well, but at the moment am satisfied with the service i've received from both parties thus far.

Thanks for the replies, PPI was completed with Mark Basch. Mark sent a bunch of photos and I'm awaiting his final report. Everything looks good so far.

Very excited :)

Update.... car is home safely, thanks to Dean (AZNSX) for his hospitality and in being such a honest seller!

Pics to follow shortly. :biggrin:

In regards to a PPI report, how long does this process usually take? PPI was performed with Mark Basch, two weeks have gone by since I was billed for the PPI and I've yet to see a a full report.

Verbally, Mark told me the car is in good shape, it checked out fine and sent lots of photos. But, I was under the impression that a PPI would come with some sort of report?

Update.... car is home safely, thanks to Dean (AZNSX) for his hospitality and in being such a honest seller!

Pics to follow shortly. :biggrin:

In regards to a PPI report, how long does this process usually take? PPI was performed with Mark Basch, two weeks have gone by since I was billed for the PPI and I've yet to see a a full report.

Verbally, Mark told me the car is in good shape, it checked out fine and sent lots of photos. But, I was under the impression that a PPI would come with some sort of report?

I wouldn't worry too much about it....just let Mark know your expecting a report of some kind and I'm sure he'll get back to you soon. I had Mark inspect my last NSX a long time ago and all I remember was that he's a stand up guy.

I wouldn't worry too much about it....just let Mark know your expecting a report of some kind and I'm sure he'll get back to you soon. I had Mark inspect my last NSX a long time ago and all I remember was that he's a stand up guy.

For those that are interested, three weeks had gone by and my PPI report is no where to be seen :eek:

Even when I arrived in Az to pick up my car, the report was still unavailable due to: misplaced documents and Mark being in the process of moving.

Sent him an E-Mail on 12/29, a few days went by and sent another E-mail on 1/02. Last E-Mail was to let him know that I would be contesting my charge if I don't receive a reply from him.

To make matters worse, I put in a new suspension this weekend and I notice some issues which should have been addressed.

I just got back from Mark's new shop. He still doesn't have any internet access, so your best bet would be to call him at 480.968.8010

How is the car doing so far? I've been on a couple of drives with Dean and always loved seeing another Spa in the convoy. :) Unfortunately, I might be the only yellow in Phoenix again. :(

I just got back from Mark's new shop. He still doesn't have any internet access, so your best bet would be to call him at 480.968.8010

How is the car doing so far? I've been on a couple of drives with Dean and always loved seeing another Spa in the convoy. :) Unfortunately, I might be the only yellow in Phoenix again. :(

I have, tried his cellphone as well and Mark stopped contacting me all together. Lesson learned and life goes on ... :smile:

On a happier note, Dean's a great guy. The drive back from Az was a blast. To ensure an unfrogetable experience, Az's finest gave me a small memorabilia right before the California border :biggrin:

Car is doing well, reverting wheels to stock and had just put in a new suspension. Having a slight starting issue, which should be resolved shortly.

Thanks for asking.

Jerry

Car is doing well, reverting wheels to stock and had just put in a new suspension. Having a slight starting issue, which should be resolved shortly.

Thanks for asking.

Jerry

Oh yeah.. he had those grey wheels with the yellow lettering... They were pretty unique. :) I think he said the lettering was normally white, but they were made yellow to match the car?

Edited to add that Mark also PPI'd my car when I got it many moons ago but there wasn't a deliverable "PPI report" per se... we just looked at the car together and he drove it around and such to make sure everything was taken care of. Were you expecting some sort of house inspection binder sort of thing with a checklist?

I used this one: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/Used_NSX_Checklist.pdf

When checking the car out myself and before taking it to Mark. Came in handy!

Edited to add that Mark also PPI'd my car when I got it many moons ago but there wasn't a deliverable "PPI report" per se... we just looked at the car together and he drove it around and such to make sure everything was taken care of. Were you expecting some sort of house inspection binder sort of thing with a checklist?

Actually, I was promised a written report. A few weeks ago, I installed a new suspension and evidently there were obvious spots of wear and tear; Which should have been pointed out in a PPI. (i.e. uneven tire wear due to feathering, missing clips in the fender liner, etc.)

I'm not going to complain about it anymore, it is what it is and I've dealt with it already.

WTF !!!! Dean, why did you sell? who is going to organize drives now :)

We should congratulate Dean on his new job! :smile:

Back