• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pre 1997 vs Post 1997 NSX's

We can go back and forth of the benefits of a 97+ but if the Op's budget is 35k then he isn't getting an Na2 unless its salvage. Any 97+ that's worth buying is going to be 45k+.

We can go back and forth of the benefits of a 97+ but if the Op's budget is 35k then he isn't getting an Na2 unless its salvage. Any 97+ that's worth buying is going to be 45k+.

It's a tough decision, I could go up to the 45-50 range, but have no cash left to play with. Purchase will be cash, no loan..

It's a tough decision, I could go up to the 45-50 range, but have no cash left to play with. Purchase will be cash, no loan..
I was in the same boat as you. I just bought my Na2 about 2 months ago. I had planned on spending 35k. Once i did some reasearch and decided what i wanted i realized for me it was worth the extra to go with 97+. You really need to drive both cars before you make your decision. You will be driving an nsx either way which is all that matters:wink:

If you are getting an NA2 anyways you better make it an 02+, especially if you plan on keeping it. Otherwise you will end up with the decision to take a loss on selling it or converting it later which will also be a loss since you could have owned a newer car (trust me I know and it sucks). The best advice is still to buy the newest one you can afford. Buy that LBBP one out there and keep it as is for a awhile. Then as your funds build back up start modding it as there is no rush. If you do it all at once there is no journey and you will struggle to keep the car as exciting bc of the LAW of diminishing returns. Turbo2go hit the nail on the head w his last post.

I saw the blue 02 again this weekend and really do like it. I've started to list my other toys for sale. If you know anyone looking for a rare and unique harley that will outrun an r1 off the line, here's the posting. It's about $1000 to ship it to the mainland...
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/2713249292.html

Are you OK with the clutch on that thing? Have you checked its history?

Back