• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Premier Sportscars, Springfield, MO

I wanted to advise all prospective and potential NSX buyers of my extremely negative and unprofessional experience with Premier Sportscars in Springfield, MO. I attempted to buy a used 91 NSX sight unseen under Premier's "guarantee" return policy which is all over their website. I returned the vehicle pursuant to our contract because the car was not as represented. They claim that 8 paint chips on hood, ding on driver mirror, repaint on back, radio malfunction and scraped and dings on front rubber spoiler is "mint." Further they kept $1800 for "freight" charge to and from my house after verbally and contractually agreeing that my total shipping exposure was 900. They seem to think a buyer who is misled should bear the cost of return of the vehicle back to them!!! Moreover, after repeated attempts to handle this professionally their Pres. hung up on me when I asked the status of my return check. Caveat emptor!! Good luck with Premier Sportscars

I was working a deal on the silver one before I bought my black '92 locally,the sales person "lady" became rude because I was not buying hers for 41k.I paid 32k for mine and she said it's only worth about 16-18k wholesale because it had 60,000 on odo!I would not consider doing any future bus. with this outfit!

A few months ago I dealt with Premier regarding a red '91 w/ 18K for which they wanted $39K, which I though was high and they were not negotiable. I passed.

I ended up buying my black '91 from The Last Detail in Chicago, sight unseen. The car was exactly as represented, and the sales rep Steve Jenkins (an NSX owner and NSXCA member himself) is "Da Man" - he gave me a very fair deal and went beyond the call of duty to make me happy. Highly recommended.

-Russ
'91 black/black

You would think after Sept. 11 this type of unprofessional and discourteous conduct on the part of a self-professed "reputable" exotic car dealer would cease, especially with regard to New Yorkers like yours truly.

I had the same negative experience with Premier this summer when I purchased a Speed Yellow '98 Porsche C2S from them.

The car was represented as being perfect, yet after delivery of the car, I noticed the car had a noticable shimmy above 45 mph. I took the car into my local Porsche dealership and was told that 3 of the wheels were bent and that the entire left rear suspension had been replaced. Premier represented that the car was all original and never in an accident (they even put it in their Bill of Sale to me), and when I called to tell them about what I found out (and told them they needed to buy back the car), their response was that if I wanted my $$$ back, I'd have to sue them.

I don't know how these guys sleep at night.

If you were dissatisfied with Premier's actions you could file a complaint with Springfield MO Better Business Bureau. I did and it takes only 5 minutes. They will fax you a form you can fax back. Their phone # is (417)862-4222.

So sue them! I found it only takes one call from a really nasty, bulldog lawyer to change most establishment's mind on a situation.
I am not well off enough to have a lawyer on retainer and probably could not afford an involved law suit. However, having a friend in the business is all that is necessary. A knowledgeable lawyer calling on your behalf can remedy the situation 90 percent of the time without any litigation.
Just put a little fear of God in 'em.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by unhappy customer:
If you were dissatisfied with Premier's actions you could file a complaint with Springfield MO Better Business Bureau. I did and it takes only 5 minutes. They will fax you a form you can fax back. Their phone # is (417)862-4222.

I've tried the St. Louis office by phone many times over the years and NEVER gotten past on-hold. To whom should I complain?
frown.gif

did you guy never see the car before delivery? i at least see pictures of the car. i couldn't imagine spending that kind of money i any car without personlly checking it out even if i have to pay $300- to fly......

I agree with Smoore I would never buy any car without checking it out myself if your spending that kind of money I would defiantly go see it and drive it regardless of what the Dealership says.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

You would think after Sept. 11 this type of unprofessional and discourteous conduct on the part of a self-professed "reputable" exotic car dealer would cease, especially with regard to New Yorkers like yours truly.

Sorry, can't teach an old dog new tricks. I have dealt with them in the past. What's the word I'm looking for? Dirtbags.

BBB is a joke. The manufacturers and dealers fund them. You go through a lot of process, then a hearing, then you are rejected. Believe me, I tried using them with a very legitimate complaint on a 2000 Lexus LX470 (the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned, but fortunately I sold it).

A bulldog lawyer is the best bet.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

i bought my 96 sight unseen from precision acura in princeton nj. it was as advertised (mint condition, nothing missing) and i was very satisfied. however 5 months later i realized that the air damn or whatever you call it (black plastic strip under the front bumper)was missing. and it was clearly missing from the pictures they sent me prior to delivery. i called them and they said 5 months is too long ago and they couldnt do anything about it. live and learn.

Originally posted by nicholas421:
i bought my 96 sight unseen from precision acura in princeton nj. it was as advertised (mint condition, nothing missing) and i was very satisfied. however 5 months later i realized that the air damn or whatever you call it (black plastic strip under the front bumper)was missing. and it was clearly missing from the pictures they sent me prior to delivery. i called them and they said 5 months is too long ago and they couldnt do anything about it. live and learn.

FWIW, some local owners have had problems with Princeton Acura. This was posted to the big list awhile back:
"No disclaimers apply here -- I HAVE done business with these people, and they are unethical, dishonest low-lifes. All they care about is extracting as much money as they can, by whatever means possible, from those unfortunate enough to do business there. To boot, their service department is (or was 2 years ago) incompetent, arrogant and deceitful. The only thing they know about NSXs is that they cost a lot of money, and that this is as good a reason as any to try to suck every dollar possible from the car's presumably rich owner.
Steer clear of these scumbags. Or, if you want to have the same experience as doing business with them, hit your car with a hammer and burn a $100 bill -- at least the experience will be over more quickly, and for less money."

This is just one person's opinion - I have no direct experience with them.

Edit:
Did you buy your car from them after Feb 2000? Red w/ Bridgestones and asking $59,900? I looked at that car briefly, only thing I recall is that all 4 wheels were curbed.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

[This message has been edited by lemansnsx (edited 14 December 2001).]

I dealt with Princeton Acura before I purchased from Premier. Princeton tried to bend me over with a car that had been repainted. I bought my 93 from Premier and had a good experience with them. They represented the car accurately.

Glad you had a nice experience with Premier. However, I find it amusing that Premier goes to great lengths to pat themselves on the back about "reference" letters but oddly fails to include the negative responses from those customers victims of their unprofessional and discourteous conduct including the aforementioned individuals replying herein.

Originally posted by unhappy customer:
...they kept $1800 for "freight" charge to and from my house after verbally and contractually agreeing that my total shipping exposure was 900. ....

Did you pay via credit card? If so you might try going through the dispute department with them.

I buying from Premier make sure you read the contract regarding right of refusal. It is ambiguous at a minimum and attempts to have prospective purchasers think they are only responsible for shipping to them and not back to Premier. Premier seems to think a misrepresentation on their part should require the purchaser to cover the shipping back to them in addition to charge to the purchaser to look at vehicle. Nice tactics and even better customer appreiciation!! Keep up the good work Premier !

Back