• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price check 1991 nsx? please help...

Prices in Japan

Caveat Emptor. I would never buy a car that old even with that mileage without a reasonably complete service record, unless the price was just too good to pass up. And then I would wonder why it was selling so cheap. The service record does more than tell you service was performed as scheduled. It tells you the past owner(s) cared for the car enough to keep such records and to perform said maintenance in a timely fashion. It's like when simple stuff like a gauge or a trip piece is broken. It makes you wonder of there are deeper issues that have also been neglected. And any PPI is a bit of a dice roll unless the mechanic has a reputation and extensive experience. Even then the checklist on a typical PPI is not going to check every possible issue or even come close. Just as an example, how often do you think a PPI includes a valve lash check or inspection of the harmonic balancer? A PPI is still a vital investment because of what any competent mechanic WILL catch.

OK...actually, I'll say $3K over market. But I wouldn't pay over 32 for it even with the low mileage. Too many other nice ones out there if one is willing to keep looking.

Over the last 2 years prices in Japan have risen on all very clean manual cars. The average/normal mileage for a 1991 is 47,000 miles and price around $48,000 which is up 20%. Type R's are not available at $60,000US. There are around 100 cars always for sale but poor condition, wild race parts, high miles etc mean they don't sell.

Back