• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price of NSX[AUS]

Can some one help me? I've been doing a bit of research and have been comparing the price of the current NSX. It seems that we pay double the price for it compared to USA.

Is this due to tarriffs or taxes we have in Australia?

Aussie NSX's are $$$. :(

Depends what year you're after. a '91-93 can go from $40-70k depending on condition and mileage. We've seen some '95s and a '97 go for $100K... a 2nd-hand '02 with 12000km's on the clock will set you back about ~$180K.

Prelude Vtir said:
Can some one help me? I've been doing a bit of research and have been comparing the price of the current NSX. It seems that we pay double the price for it compared to USA.

Is this due to tarriffs or taxes we have in Australia?

This is true for ALL cars not just the NSX!

If you remember the Ford Capri convertable which was totally manufactured in Australia... Well they were (brand new) sold in Australia for AUD$36,000.

Well that car when sold in the US, after shipping and import duty and all other US taxes... RRP... USD$12,386!

So nothing has really changed!

Only a total free trade agreement between the US and Australia will have any chance of changing the way things are now as they were after WWII...

As one of our Prime Ministers reminded us... "Life wasn't meant to be easy"

Back