• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Price/value of the NSX???

With the new NSX becoming more and more of a reality, I was curious what others thought might happen to the current model as far as pricing is concerned.
I have discussed this topic w/ other car owners and have had mixed opinions.
Some say the price of the current model will go down, while others say the new model will actually drive prices up.

What do you think??

With the new NSX becoming more and more of a reality, I was curious what others thought might happen to the current model as far as pricing is concerned.
I have discussed this topic w/ other car owners and have had mixed opinions.
Some say the price of the current model will go down, while others say the new model will actually drive prices up.

What do you think??

The new "car" isn't a NSX, I understand that in Europe the prices of the "old" cars is actually rising. The market will determine what direction prices go in. Overall, the depreciation of our cars is not as bad as many other "exotics". I bought my car off my lease as I felt that the price of the car wouldn't change that much in the next few years while I considered what else I might want. As of now, I have the car that makes me smile the most.

If the older NSX's track like the 993 Porsches then it may will be that they will go up in value. When the 996 came out the air cooled faithful kept the 993 prices at a premium. In fact, the 993 turbo is stll trading well above what might be expected.

The new NSX will no longer be MR platform (at least as it was announced in the Detroit auto show back in Jan. by Honda execs). Once the new one comes out I believe our NSX will even more be treated as a collector's item which most likely will drive the prices up. At least, in my opinion, will stay flat. The fact that the basic shape of the car never changed during its life cycle also helps to keep its value. That is one of the reasons I decided to pick one up just early this month. I feel real good as I'm owning an exotic car and knowing that the depreciation is limited with a good chance of price appreciation in the future.:smile:

Jon

The new NSX will no longer be MR platform (at least as it was announced in the Detroit auto show back in Jan. by Honda execs). Once the new one comes out I believe our NSX will even more be treated as a collector's item which most likely will drive the prices up. At least, in my opinion, will stay flat. The fact that the basic shape of the car never changed during its life cycle also helps to keep its value. That is one of the reasons I decided to pick one up just early this month. I feel real good as I'm owning an exotic car and knowing that the depreciation is limited with a good chance of price appreciation in the future.:smile:

Jon

Awesome! Thats the answer I was looking for. :biggrin:

We'd all like to think that the value of the NSX will go up in the future. I'm sure eventually they will go up, but who knows when that will be. Buying an NSX is about owning a well balanced, precision engineered automobile. It is not something to buy for an investment. I bought mine because I always wanted one. I bought an older model so hopefully the depreciation will be less. If/When I do decide to sell it, I fully expect to get less than what I paid for it. The feeling you get when you are driving this car is worth every penny.

We'd all like to think that the value of the NSX will go up in the future. I'm sure eventually they will go up, but who knows when that will be. Buying an NSX is about owning a well balanced, precision engineered automobile. It is not something to buy for an investment. I bought mine because I always wanted one. I bought an older model so hopefully the depreciation will be less. If/When I do decide to sell it, I fully expect to get less than what I paid for it. The feeling you get when you are driving this car is worth every penny.

+1:cool:

My first NSX(91 Blk/Blk) sold for more then I paid for after driving it for two years....name another car that can do that....not too many:smile:

I sold my old 240sx for almost double what I paid for it...yay drift fad!!:biggrin:

Sell?...lol...sell?...They are hard to come by - especially up here in the great White North :eek: I will never sell my baby - she's Phat - and she's all that!
NSXs will hold their value as they are one of a kind in terms of looks, handling and reliability:cool:

Dam

I wouldn't expect them to go up much, if any, but definitely not down either. I think the prices you see at each year will (just like the last 6 years) be the same going forward for a long time. Nice 91s might go up to 35-40. 04s-05s will stay in the 70s-80s too.

Prices may go up from Inflation.

Alot of nice nsx are still selling for premium dollars. Or not being sold at all.
I am not sure how other states are doing, but the cars in california are nice and many owners do take care of them. but i have seen some that are beat up and sold for cheap. I went to look at a couple of nsx's for sale here locally with friends who are curious in buying one but they are not worth buying. The cost on fixing the car up to par or beyond is pricey. Parts and labor add up quickly.

As for cars that are modified. Most people in california dont keep the car stock. Many here have mods on their car and it gets quite costly once the mods are done from wheels, lowering, exhaust, filters, clutch etc. Many new want to be owners will grind and gripe about the pricing of the nsx to the buyer. But as owners of these cars will tell them they spend quite a bit of money to do the mods. I dont belive owners who have mod their cars should discount it to 50% off from what they paid unless they just want to dump the car for a quick sale.

As a buyer, if you can get a car with mods for a cheap price then you have scored!

Prices should climb up in my opinion.

There is no question about wether prices might go up or down.
The NSX was Japan's first supercar. ENOUGH said :wink:

A car with 100% history and perfect maintance (like the NSX should have) is a priceless car...
Hold on to your cars guys. This is a big chunky piece of auto history.

Maybe it's just me but I would buy more expensive 100% stock before I buy modded car. Maybe it's just me..

You are not alone. :smile:

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but I would buy more expensive 100% stock before I buy modded car. Maybe it's just me..

I'm with you. However I don't mind, or actually I like minor mods, such as exhaust, better suspension, moderate tire/wheel upgrade, and interior upgrade such as new carpets, new floor mats (NSX custom), shift nob, recaro seats, etc. Those I think will increase the value of the car.

Jon

Low production, high quality/reliability, minor differences in year models, one of a kind vehicle; all make the NSX a special car. It's the only Japanese MR near exotic status [mint MR2's are bringing quite a price as well], and only Japanese aluminum frame car that I know of.

As long as the new "NSX" isn't a better NSX, it will have little effect on the "old" NSX. In fact, if it's named after or causes a lot of comparisons to the "old" NSX, it'll just give it more of a spotlight and probably increase its value.

Considering the Japanese "history" element and rarity/special qualities of the NSX, there is no other car to compare it to really.

I was talking to a friend about this. He watches car prices all the time.

He suggested that new models, whether similar to old models or not, rarely influence the price. Especially since it's been D/C for 2 years anyway.

Also, while there aren't many NSX's around, they are far from "rare" cars. Many thousands were built.

I tend to disagree.

If you plan to mod the car anyway, may as well buy one with some mods on it and save some or a lot of $$, particularly if the mods are ones you are interested in anyway. You can always remove and sell the ones you don't want.

As most owners tend to keep the OEM parts they replaced with the mods, in many cases you can get the best of both worlds by buying a modded car (with the OEM parts),... then you can put it back to stock and sell the mods for maintenance money!!

-Wick

I tend to disagree.

If you plan to mod the car anyway, may as well buy one with some mods on it and save some or a lot of $$, particularly if the mods are ones you are interested in anyway. You can always remove and sell the ones you don't want.

As most owners tend to keep the OEM parts they replaced with the mods, in many cases you can get the best of both worlds by buying a modded car (with the OEM parts),... then you can put it back to stock and sell the mods for maintenance money!!

-Wick

+3

totally agree with you there. i've done this countless times:wink:
i appreciate tasteful mods

Back