• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pricing of a new nsx

I am in the market for the kouki nsx, however I've only been doing research here on nsx prime.com I was wondering how much are dealers selling a brand new nsx for? I know they are listed at 89k, but just from what I have seen, it seems like dealers are not selling at that price? I've seen buy it now prices on ebay for 81k! So should I be expecting a MUCH lower price for a brand new nsx if I go to a dealer? Can I get everyone's input? especially those who have bought the new nsxs, I was wondering how much you guys paid for one. Thanks a lot!

Eric

Just got an 05 on last Friday. The lease sales value is $82,932.77. You should be able to get this price without issue I would assume no matter how you pay (cash, conventinal financing or lease) for it. Although not all dealers are honoring the lease deal. I ran into one of those dealers in my search. I got prices of $75.9K on existing 04's. Currently there is a $5K dealer insentive on these to help compete with the lease deal that only applies to 05's. If you can find a demo or want a silver (as the market is flooded with this color), you may be able to get better deals than these. At least that's what I found in my recent effort. Remember US inventory is located on the Acura site for more information.

Hope that helps.

BTW - here's the lease specifics

2005 NSX SPECIAL AHFC LEASE/PURCHASE PLAN

Lease rates available on all new 2005 NSX models. FEATURED LEASE*: 2005 NSX Manual Transmission (Model NA2165PKW) for $799.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,999.00 capitalized cost reduction. $4,193.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month’s payment, security deposit, capitalized cost reduction, and AHFC upfront acquisition fee; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, registration, options and the like). SUBJECT TO LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer valid from 03/01/2005 through 05/02/2005. *The specific featured lease listed is not available to New York residents. New York residents should contact their dealer for New York featured lease. Terms and conditions vary for New York Residents. In addition, HFS limits leasing terms to 39 months or less to residents and dealers in the state of Rhode Island.

Offer valid for new and unregistered vehicles and only on approved credit by HFS (Honda Financial Services) through participating dealers. HFS' standard credit criteria apply. FEATURED LEASE: 2005 NSX Manual Transmission (Model NA2165PKW). MSRP $89,765.00 (includes destination) Actual net capitalized cost $80,932.77. DEALER PARTICIPATION MAY AFFECT ACTUAL PAYMENT. Taxes, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $28,764.00. Option to purchase at lease end $60,142.55. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 7,500 miles/year. Lease rates subject to change without prior notice. SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS. The specific featured lease listed is not available to New York residents. New York residents should contact their dealer for New York featured lease. Terms and conditions vary for New York Residents. In addition, HFS limits leasing terms to 39 months or less to residents and dealers in the state of Rhode Island.

Thank you for your input, I am looking to buy an nsx, not lease. However, why are dealers offering such a large discount when the msrp is 89k? For example, I purchased a 05 Acura TL at around 34,400, the I could barely get a 1000-2000 discount, but in the other hand, many people are selling NSXs 10k below msrp? I'm just a little confused, I just don't know how much a new one is worth? Does color change the price as well?

mrturbo311 said:
Thank you for your input, I am looking to buy an nsx, not lease. However, why are dealers offering such a large discount when the msrp is 89k? For example, I purchased a 05 Acura TL at around 34,400, the I could barely get a 1000-2000 discount, but in the other hand, many people are selling NSXs 10k below msrp?
The price of a new car is affected by many factors. The most important ones are (a) the cost of the car to the dealer, and (b) the relationship of supply and demand for that particular model.

a) You can look up the dealer invoice on websites such as Edmunds. This is not exactly what the dealer pays, as it doesn't account for any incentives or the "holdback" (a percentage of cost that the manufacturer gives back to the dealer), but it's close enough to serve as a good approximation. A TL with automatic transmission but without nav system has an MSRP (including transportation fee) of $33,670 and a dealer invoice of $30,734. An NSX-T has an MSRP of $89,765 and a dealer invoice of $79,978. As you can see, the sticker price on the TL is $3K more than the dealer invoice, but on the NSX, $10K more. If you are able to get a car for only $1K more than the dealer invoice, you're usually doing pretty well - whether it's a $2K discount from MSRP on the TL, or a $9K discount from MSRP on the NSX.

b) If a car is selling particularly well, so that inventory is low, you may not be able to negotiate as much of a discount from MSRP (or, you may need to pay a higher amount above dealer invoice - same thing). And, if a car is not selling particularly well, you may be able to find a better discount, particularly for a car that the dealer has in stock.

mrturbo311 said:
Does color change the price as well?
On all Honda/Acura cars, the dealer cost is the same for all colors (unlike some brands which charge a premium for metallic paint, etc). The price may change if a particular color has an imbalance between supply and demand - occasionally a very striking, "love it or hate it" color may have this happen, particularly if a specific car has been sitting in the showroom for a long time or is hard to get - but most of the time, you won't find color playing much of a factor on price.

Nsxdaniel said:
How do you get a list of the current inventory of NSX's on the Acura site?
See instructions on how to do so in this post, but it's not totally up to date.

wow, I never knew the invoice for an nsx is so much cheaper than msrp!!! This makes buying a brand new nsx much more attractive.

mrturbo311 said:
Thank you for your input, I am looking to buy an nsx, not lease. However, why are dealers offering such a large discount when the msrp is 89k? For example, I purchased a 05 Acura TL at around 34,400, the I could barely get a 1000-2000 discount, but in the other hand, many people are selling NSXs 10k below msrp? I'm just a little confused, I just don't know how much a new one is worth? Does color change the price as well?

Markup on an NSX at the lease price is ~12.4% while the TSX is at ~9.7%. This the the amount that you can typically negotiate based on market conditions already mentioned above. The difference is that the dollar amounts vary widely due to the NSX's higher MSRP, while the percentages are close.

The post that nsxtasy pointed out is the same one that showed me where the inventory is. What a great group of people ...

Back