• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with alarm/acutator

dx3

Contributing Member
Guys,

I have a Clifford Alarm installed on my car. When I hit the unlock button it doesn't open the doors anymore. But when I hit lock they all lock. I don't know if it is a problem with the alarm or with my door lock actuator...:confused:

Any ideas?

Jonny

Guys,

I have a Clifford Alarm installed on my car. When I hit the unlock button it doesn't open the doors anymore. But when I hit lock they all lock. I don't know if it is a problem with the alarm or with my door lock actuator...:confused:

Any ideas?

Jonny

Not sure if I understood your question? Are you talking about the lock and unlock on the remote? Have you tried using the lock and unlock button on the door to see if that works?

Last edited:
Not sure if I understood your question? Are you talking about the lock and unlock on the remote? Have you tried using the lock and unlock button on the door to see if that works?

Yes the lock/unlock.

Yes it works on the door just fine, and works on the remote to lock. Just doesn't unlock from the remote as of today... :confused:

Jonny

Yes the lock/unlock.

Yes it works on the door just fine, and works on the remote to lock. Just doesn't unlock from the remote as of today... :confused:

Jonny

That should tell you that your acutators are fine. The problem is where they are connecting the wire for the door locks? My guess they would have made that connection under the glove box/floor where the subwoofer is located. Do you have the alarm installation instructions to see what color wire was used so you can see where they connect the unlock WHITE/YELLOW wire to the car door lock module? What year is your NSX?

Last edited:
That should tell you that your acutators are fine. The problem is where they are connecting the wire for the door locks? My guess they would have made that connection under the glove box/floor where the subwoofer is located. Do you have the alarm installation instructions to see what color wire was used so you can see where they connect the unlock WHITE/YELLOW wire to the car door lock module? What year is your NSX?

I do not have the instructions. I just bought the car a couple of days ago so I will check if the previous owner has them. Although I highly doubt it.

It is a 91 manual.

Thanks man,
Jonny

Guys,

Any ideas?

Jonny

I just had a Clifford installed a couple of weeks ago and the problem that you're describing is the wiring OR remote button configuration. I sat and watched the alarm being installed and it took quite a while to find both the lock and unlock trigger wires. (Your wire could have come loose.) The other thing is that Clifford (along with a few others) allow functions to be set on ANY button on the remote as desired. For instance, the "Trunk Release" button could actually be programmed to "Arm & Lock" the car if wanted! I would look for a DEI (Clifford) dealer for a little help.

I just had a Clifford installed a couple of weeks ago and the problem that you're describing is the wiring OR remote button configuration. I sat and watched the alarm being installed and it took quite a while to find both the lock and unlock trigger wires. (Your wire could have come loose.) The other thing is that Clifford (along with a few others) allow functions to be set on ANY button on the remote as desired. For instance, the "Trunk Release" button could actually be programmed to "Arm & Lock" the car if wanted! I would look for a DEI (Clifford) dealer for a little help.

Thank you man. By chance do you recall where they did all your connections? Was it under the glovebox like Tooltime said? I am guessing it is just a loose connection. I would really like to fix it without having to pay someone else.

It worked the first day I had the car so I know they had the correct buttons wired.

Let me know, thanks guys,

Jonny

I've had problems before with the NSX where the signal from the alarm brain was not going low enough to trigger the input to the NSX module: the sysptom was that it would work occasionally but not consistently. I installed relays to ensure a good solid ground was feeding the input & that resolved it.

I've had problems before with the NSX where the signal from the alarm brain was not going low enough to trigger the input to the NSX module: the sysptom was that it would work occasionally but not consistently. I installed relays to ensure a good solid ground was feeding the input & that resolved it.

More information please :smile:

Jonny

Before you do this, first check your connections at the security or door lock modules (under the glove box) to be sure that the original connections are still good.
It's really impossible to tell what colour extender wires the original installer used but the output wires from the brain are typically blue & green. Find those and see what they are connected to.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lock relay.JPG
    lock relay.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 130
The wires were underneath the glove box. For a little bit of information, the lock button wire should be gray/white with dots....and the power unlock button wire should be green/yellow with dots! As mentioned above, relays can be very beneficial and if it is an OLDER generation Clifford, all wiring MUST be connected directly to the battery for proper function or you will always have issues with the alarm. Newer Clifford (post DEI buyout) will do fine without direct wiring to the battery!

The schematic for the connections are shown on my post in this thread
The same as identified by Gman - note that these connections will also arm your OEM security system in parallel (the security indicator on the door will flash, showing that it is armed also)

The wires were underneath the glove box. For a little bit of information, the lock button wire should be gray/white with dots....and the power unlock button wire should be green/yellow with dots! As mentioned above, relays can be very beneficial and if it is an OLDER generation Clifford, all wiring MUST be connected directly to the battery for proper function or you will always have issues with the alarm. Newer Clifford (post DEI buyout) will do fine without direct wiring to the battery!

The schematic for the connections are shown on my post in this thread
The same as identified by Gman - note that these connections will also arm your OEM security system in parallel (the security indicator on the door will flash, showing that it is armed also)

Thank you both very much. I doubt I will get to it this week so I will make this my weekend project :tongue:

Thanks guys,
Jonny

Back