• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Problems with ARC INTAKE

Recently installed a ARC intake on my 00. Everything went as plan till I tried to closed the hatch. It would not close the ARC intake hits the clam shell. Any ideals without cutting the clam shell.

For those of you using the ARC intake, does it sit on the OEM bottom air box? If not, is it just totally open on the bottom with the exception of the air filter?

92NSX said:
For those of you using the ARC intake, does it sit on the OEM bottom air box? If not, is it just totally open on the bottom with the exception of the air filter?

Yes, it is suspended in the engine bay where the oem airbox used to sit by its mounting brackets. It doesn't use the bottom of the factory box.

gene '96 #178 said:
Yes, it is suspended in the engine bay where the oem airbox used to sit by its mounting brackets. It doesn't use the bottom of the factory box.
So it just draws in warm air from the engine compartment then? Kinda like what I have on there now, just a cone filter.
Think I might go back to OEM with Unifilter and the Downforce side scoop.

Thanks for the replies. I was told by Dali Racing that they make two sizes (NA1 and NA2). News to me. The NA2 is on back order at both Dali and SOS.

Back