• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prodrive GC-07

ScienceofSpeed responded to my inquiry. GC-07J's are available but the cost is over $4k due to current exchange rate and customs/freight. Another reason they are now more expensive is they no longer have a US distributor (which used to save some on freight due to consolidation). Anyhow, back to the drawing board for me. I don't want to spend $4k on wheels and can't wait for the Dollar gets stronger vs the Yen.

Out of interest... how far over 4k are we talking?

I was kidding about stuffing them in my suitcase while I am in Japan over the holidays, but maybe I should consider it...

Bahhh... Figures, the wheel I end up loving is one that's near impossible to get for my car.

The guy who posted the picture that I posted is local, so maybe he'll be selling in a few years.

Anyway, Prodrive is now distributing through Cosworth in SoCal to the united states. I could get in touch with Cosworth about custom ordering the 7J, but it isn't gonna be cheap. Maybe if there was a group buy...

Sorry I won't be selling my wheels anytime soon :cool:

I purchased these back in 2005. The closest style to this wheel is the SSR GT7 which I think are discontinued too. I sold a set back in 2009.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95911

But you might want to PM WhiteNSXs on the forum, he might have set laying around (SSR GT7)

Oh... :( I think he sold them in Feb.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145324

Last edited:
In the past I've considered GC-07C too, light, hot, brake-friedly. They've been discontinued years ago. For 4k you have a big choice anyway.

Totally underrated wheels! Great BBK clearance too!

Well, if the undisputed king of wheels says it...

I've added finding a pair to my automotive todo list, but I've added it to the end. Lots of other stuff needing to be done to my car first including stereo and RDX injectors.

My SSR set up. I am selling them soon.
Steve
2001NSX171Large.jpg

April2010350Large.jpg

Last edited:
The reason for the rubbing is the 235/40/17 tire. If you have the recommended 215/40/17 tire I can pretty much guarantee that all rubbing will disappear.

(265/35/18 or rear tire will probably match the 215/40/17 tire better for TCS issues).

I can confirm. I have the 215s and no rubbing whatsoever on Bilstiens @ stock height.

^ that's perfect! Is the white or silver ones for sale?

Anyone know whether these will clear NA1 OEM brakes?

$4k sounds steep but I guess that's the price of admission to the awesome wheels club.

Just look at that... Ahhhh. Perfection.

559627_456730254365507_69497809_n.jpg

What do you think the best offsets are for handling/performance? 44 front and rear?

I agree with you, I like the 94-01 wheel better than the 02+ for NA1. Indeed, Prodrive Wheel always looks so good. From the subaru world, I am a Prodrive fan since 10 years ago and always want a set of whatever GC series. Hate to see them left USA which I used to live two blocks away from their distribution place in Santa Ana, they gave me a shift knob sticker for free replace.

Not so serious, but you really really want the look of it and forget about the weight or quality and no track use, you may want to consider Rota SDR(a copy of GC-07), Rota is very popular for subaru owners because they copy Advan, Prodrive, Volks, and Works etc. I have seen many owners track and autocross with Rota without problems. Rota is not too bad, I understand (including myself) most NSX owners think it's an NSX, hell no way I will get replica wheels. Or, it's a $90k car, treat yourself good and get $3000 wheels.
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=335_336_433

To me, I prefer the 94-01 wheel with a little bit of drop. It looks very good already.

Not so serious, but you really really want the look of it and forget about the weight or quality and no track use, you may want to consider Rota SDR(a copy of GC-07), Rota is very popular for subaru owners because they copy Advan, Prodrive, Volks, and Works etc. I have seen many owners track and autocross with Rota without problems. Rota is not too bad, I understand (including myself) most NSX owners think it's an NSX, hell no way I will get replica wheels. Or, it's a $90k car, treat yourself good and get $3000 wheels.

Interesting, thanks for the link. Are you saying they're heavy and likely to break on the track, though?

Interesting, thanks for the link. Are you saying they're heavy and likely to break on the track, though?

I didn't research to much into Rota wheel, just know that they look good and realize they are copy cat from major wheel manufacture. And they are from south asia. I almost got a set because I like the Prodrive GD, and they look so close. But ended up with a used set JDM STI OEM wheel. I believe they custom make also.

Definitely no way compare to forged lightweight wheel, and I believe they are just some alloy? From my understanding, there is a population of owners from bimmer, S2000, NSX, STI , EVO, against these cheaper wheel. But still a huge group of owner with subaru, mitsu, honda, etc will use them because they look good and never track.

One of my best friend he has a WRX with Rota wheel that looks exactly like Advan RC II, he daily drives and tracked it in willowsprings, California Speedway. His wheels seems fine. But if you google it, you will find some rota wheel that broke into pieces under hard driving condition, but I have see on volks wheels too.

Therefore, it's really up to you and some don't care what other poeple say as long as they like how their car looks.

I hope you get the stuff that you like. For me, I could be very happy with 94-01 wheels because the NSX body looks good already. :tongue:

To me, I prefer the 94-01 wheel with a little bit of drop. It looks very good already.

Just a note that those wheels won't fit the NSX. A far as I can tell they only come in 17x7.5 and 5x100 bolt pattern (NSX has 5x114.3) and you'd likely want a 18x9.5 rear which isn't available at all.

After a year of searching I finally found a set... I'm very excited to get them in...

I don't know why they don't list offsets... I don't even know how legit it is... But damn 600/wheel... So since I have 8 wheels my set is worth 5 k?? Haha... I wish... I give free shipping too

To close the loop on this thread, I seem to have found myself with a set.

0NlBAHq.jpg
cpqvyeS.jpg
6hKepqD.jpg
Oso0GNH.jpg

Back