• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prodrive GC-07

DSC_3672.jpg

Found a sweet set of my favorite wheels, Prodrive GC-07. 17/18. Offsets are +44, British Black. Tires: Star Specs, 215/40/17 Front, 255/35/18 Rear. Brakes are Stop Tech Trophies, courtesy of SOS. Lowered using KW V3 coilovers, also courtesy SOS. Net result is a reduction in unsprung weight and the car looks BOSS now. At least, in my humble opinion :)

Dayum! So beautiful. Did you get the wheels new or used?

Dayum! So beautiful. Did you get the wheels new or used?

Used; but super clean. I'm really impressed with the quality of the wheels and also with how light they are.

Used; but super clean. I'm really impressed with the quality of the wheels and also with how light they are.

Don't say that! My lust is growing!

By the time I get to "wheels" on my list of "stuff to do to the car" I'm afraid there won't be any more sets out there for sale. :(

Looking great, glad the wheels went to a good owner

Always loved those "overgrown OEM" wheels!

Just found a set of prodrive like those for my winter beater yesterday. your Car looks great

photo2-2_zps3f330296.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think about the ride quality/handling with the kw's vs. Oem Zanardi shocks/springs?

What do you think about the ride quality/handling with the kw's vs. Oem Zanardi shocks/springs?

I would highly recommend the KWs over the factory shocks. The ride simply feels more controlled and consistent when the pavement is less than perfect. Reminds me of my German cars; which is no surprise since the KWs are a product of German engineering. The ride is compliant but firm, and the car is rock solid at high speed. Im pretty sure that Honda would have used a similar setup for the car if cost where no object. The KWs are not cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the drop set to on your KW's?

I can't remember specifically, but it was conservative. Less than an inch for sure. I love the way it looks now, and the StopTech brakes are simply awesome. They are so far superior to the factory calipers, in both performance and looks, that I now consider them to be a mandatory upgrade. Super linear, and man do they look awesome hiding beneath those curved spokes. We used a specially machined 2mm front wheel spacer to provide the perfect amount of clearance. It just don't get any better...:)

Nice looking ride! Of course, I am partial.... :biggrin:

My-NSX_zpse656f2bc.jpg

NSX-N-Downs-2a.jpg

I would highly recommend the KWs over the factory shocks. The ride simply feels more controlled and consistent when the pavement is less than perfect. Reminds me of my German cars; which is no surprise since the KWs are a product of German engineering. The ride is compliant but firm, and the car is rock solid at high speed. Im pretty sure that Honda would have used a similar setup for the car if cost where no object. The KWs are not cheap.

Thanks for the perspective. :)

let me know if anyone wants to sell their GC07s

Back