• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospective NSX Owner, MD

Hi, my name is Ryan and I'd like to introduce myself as a prospective NSX owner. My current rides include a Toyota MR2 Spyder and a Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Both have a bit of work done to them.

34538_940422907848_5703398_50949535_1076126_n.jpg

Yes, that is my driveway, and it is super huge. I can drive around in a full circle in there. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a garage built on there. After that's completed, I was planning on saving for a nice car to go in it.

I randomly googled the NSX and found out about this site. Went over the the DC area subsection and read about the Cars and Coffee meet in Virginia. I saw a couple NSX's over there, but I didn't see any of the owners.

47560_963699521328_5703398_51813798_1903173_n.jpg

59445_967779964088_5703398_51947541_5870861_n.jpg

There were tons of Ferraris (or as you guys say, F-Cars), Lamborghini's, and other 'exotic' cars, but the NSX looks to be the best for 'daily driving' and reliability. The Lotus Elise sort of falls in this category as well, but I'd like something a little larger.

I had a couple of questions for you guys:
* Is there a section on the forum for Care and Maintenance questions?
* Is there a section for Performance/Appearance Modifications?
* How heavy is the clutch? I drive into DC for work, so the traffic can get bad at times.
* Do you guys get Snap Oversteer as well?
* I read about the Snap Ring problem for the earlier cars. It appears the timing belts need to be replaced, and there are window problems (T-top/Side window). The wiki has a good resource for what to check for. Anything else I missed?

From what I've read so far, this looks like a decent community. Hopefully I don't look like another tire-kicker (although, I guess I am for now).

all i can say i been thru few cars porshce;s BMW etc ,,, NSX even in the shape i just bought love to drive it over any car so far...oh yeah i'm in springfield about 10 mils for dc... as far clutch have no isse just matter of getting used to if you wana drive hard clutch try early porshces and or limbo's

NE way just my .02 good luck there;s NSX meet in somehere on 25th maybe you can come checkout and ask ?s

I was planning on making it to the Cars and Coffee meet (looks like it's going to be a great day outside), but I'm debating on the 25th (was thinking of making it out to Bowie MD for the CDC AutoX).

Back