• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed MIA?

I haven't been on Prime lately and I hate to come on just to post something like this but...:frown:

I contacted Brian of www.prospeedpower.com for some cats and was told it would take 2week to order cores and build. I and paid his invoice on June 2nd via PayPal and have yet to hear back from him.

I emailed him on June 24th, June 30th, and July 7th asking for updates, but so far no response back. :mad:

Otto

Update:
Left a voicemail for Brian on July 9th asking him to please call me back.

On July 11th, I received the following in an email.

"Sorry been crazy busy here... I should have it ready by the end of the week finishing up the flanges at my cnc guy. Core is sitting here ready to go. Thanks!"

I plan to keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Thanks.

Otto

I've been waiting on an intake for 3 months, he told me friday he had everything together and it was supposed to ship today. We'll see if that happens.

I ordered an exhaust from him a couple of years ago and it was supposed to ship 2 weeks after payment. After 3 months and many emails and excuses, I finally received it. The overall piece was high quality BUT it appeared to have been removed from the welding fixture prematurely and was warped all to hell. When I installed it, the tips were not centered in the valance cutouts and there was a 1 1/2" to 2 " height difference. To make matters worse, the penetration past the bumper was significantly different on each tip. Brian wasn't too sympathetic so I took it to a muffler shop and after much heating , bending and cutting and re-welding one bracket, the fitment is acceptable but not perfect. A couple of Pride titanium tips disguised the penetration issue. That will always bother me :mad: On the positive side, I do like the sound much more than stock.

I know Brian doesn't get on here too regularly so I notified him about the three recent Prospeed issue threads and asked him to make sure they get resolved. Please keep the threads updated w/ the status of the issues.

I know Brian doesn't get on here too regularly so I notified him about the three recent Prospeed issue threads and asked him to make sure they get resolved. Please keep the threads updated w/ the status of the issues.

I myself has paid Brian and never got the items. :(

I did receive my intake and got it installed. Came packaged great and looked to be of good quality with the welds and powdercoat. However, fitment with the fender liner sucked and now my fender liner fitting looks sub-par, also he left out a clamp, and a few of the other clamps were not the right size.

Update:
Left a voicemail for Brian on July 9th asking him to please call me back.

On July 11th, I received the following in an email.

"Sorry been crazy busy here... I should have it ready by the end of the week finishing up the flanges at my cnc guy. Core is sitting here ready to go. Thanks!"

I plan to keep this thread updated with how it goes.

Thanks.

Otto

Updated with text copied from my email correspondence with Brian of Prospeed and so far no luck. :mad:

7/11/2015 from me:
Thank you!!! I've been super worried since my car is tied up until smog testing is done. :(

7/24/2015 from me:
I'm still waiting. :( I thought they would be ready last week. :(

Please let me know what is going on!!!!

Thanks.

7/27/2015 from Prospeed:
Haven't forgotten you fabricator lagging on me! I'm on his ask I'll let you know in a couple of days bud! Thanks!

7/28/2015 from me:
Ok, please keep me updated.

Thanks

8/3/2015 from me:
I'm up against a smog deadline. Any chance those cats can be in my hands before 8/15?
Thanks.

8/10/2015 from me:
Please return my money if you can't get the cats to be by the end of this week.
Thanks

i ordered some intake gasket took a week and like 2 days to get. but he said it was one the way but i thought he scammed me. but he didnt. trustful guy. He does his prospeed business as a side thing. he isnt full time on prospeed. so if you order from him please be patience.

So far no cats nor a refund. Has anyone gotten anything out of Prospeed this year????

Updated correspondence:

8/25/2015 from me:
Have you forgotten about me again?!?!

8/30/2015 from Prospeed:
I haven't... Please give me a little more time I switched my fabricator since He's been a big headaches with delays and delays... I have a new guy working on my stuff and he's even better... I promise to take care of you! Give me a week to catch up on things thanks!

8/31/2015 from me:
I've had no choice but to procure new OEM cats from the dealer which
were installed yesterday. Please refund my money.

9/11/2015 from me:
Are you just going to keep my money? What's going on?

Final conclusion to Prospeed MIA

So after a drawn out ordeal, Prospeed sent me a refund today at 1:50pm. :smile:

Below is the remaining correspondence leading up to this moment.

9/11/2015 from Prospeed:
I have not forgotten you please give me a week to refund you the full amount. Thanks so much for your understanding!

9/21/2015 from me:
Refund?

9/21/2015 from Prospeed:
Get it out to you by later tonight thanks joe!

9/22/2015 from Prospeed:
refund sent! Thanks for your patience sorry I couldn't get it all done for you in time.

Back