• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prothane 8-1146 bushing kit question...

Hey NSX fam,I have a question regarding sway bar bushings for my 1991 NSX. I am looking to replacing my front and rear sway bar bushing, but when I look-up the Prothane site the part number that comes up for my model and year it gives me part# 8-1146 www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/81146 it says that the bushing are 21.50mm but when I look-up my sway bar size online and actually measure them they are 18.5mm and 17.5mm ? Am I missing something here? input would be greatly appreciated before I make a useless purchase. Thanks in advance.

Those Prothane bushings will not fit your stock sway bars. I am not sure what sways they are intended for as the 2002 NSX-R front bar is 22.2mm and the 1995 NSX-R front sway is 21.0mm. Their bush slots right in between.

I'd go with the OEM bushes. Front is part number 51316-SL0-010. Rear is 52316-SL0-010. As you would expect with a 29 YO car the rear bushes are NLA here in the US. They are available from www.amayama.com. I've ordered numerous (U.S.) NLA parts from them and they are a solid seller. I believe you can also source them from Mark at Mita Motorsports (www.mitamotorsports.com) [email protected]

Those Prothane bushings will not fit your stock sway bars. I am not sure what sways they are intended for as the 2002 NSX-R front bar is 22.2mm and the 1995 NSX-R front sway is 21.0mm. Their bush slots right in between. I'd go with the OEM bushes. Front is part number 51316-SL0-010. Rear is 52316-SL0-010. As you would expect with a 29 YO car the rear bushes are NLA here in the US. They are available from www.amayama.com. I've ordered numerous (U.S.) NLA parts from them and they are a solid seller. I believe you can also source them from Mark at Mita Motorsports (www.mitamotorsports.com) [email protected]
Thank you for the heads up mwagner10702, not sure why they offer those for 91 if they clearly don't fit....

Back